Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honey Badger cap hit if cut

Default Honey Badger cap hit if cut

I have heard so many people on here say that his cap hit is huge and like $9 plus mil.

Someone may have corrected those people at some point and I do not know which info is accurate but....

The radio today said if we cut him after June 1st then his cap his is $4.5 mil. That money could be used to lure a WR or another more needy position.

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    I have heard so many people on here say that his cap hit is huge and like $9 plus mil.

Someone may have corrected those people at some point and I do not know which info is accurate but....

The radio today said if we cut him after June 1st then his cap his is $4.5 mil. That money could be used to lure a WR or another more needy position.
    after June 1st cuts can be spread out over two years I think, which would equate to the $9m that's been thrown around.

personally I'd hate to see him gone, great guy but after his second acl he hasn't been the same and is overpaid. ask for a pay cut, if he takes it keep him, if he refuses sadly have to let him go...

He isn't playing up to his contract but he is still a big fan favorite on the team.If Fitz/Palmer retire,I could still see them keeping TM because he is so adored in AZ.

IDK what the cap will look like,but idk if I'm ready to cut TM.Hopefully he plays shut out football rest of the season.Im being hopeful I know.
    Last edited by ZOna_Style; 11-14-2017 at 04:21 PM.
    The more you care..the more it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Switzerland View Post
    after June 1st cuts can be spread out over two years I think, which would equate to the $9m that's been thrown around.

personally I'd hate to see him gone, great guy but after his second acl he hasn't been the same and is overpaid. ask for a pay cut, if he takes it keep him, if he refuses sadly have to let him go...
    Keeping him with a pay cut would be great. And that makes sense on the hit, thanks for info.

No way he would ever take a pay cut. Hes aggressively defensive whenever someone criticizes him on twitter, despite his poor play. Nothing is ever his fault.

I think the best option is trade. Trade one disgruntled player for another. I dont know who, but surely theres some big money pain in the neck who both teams would be glad to swap away.

Stupid contract by Keim. Way, way too much money for a repeat injury player. Hes clearly permanently damaged and is athletically compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    No way he would ever take a pay cut. Hes aggressively defensive whenever someone criticizes him on twitter, despite his poor play. Nothing is ever his fault.

I think the best option is trade. Trade one disgruntled player for another. I dont know who, but surely theres some big money pain in the neck who both teams would be glad to swap away.

Stupid contract by Keim. Way, way too much money for a repeat injury player. Hes clearly permanently damaged and is athletically compromised.
    Yeah i just have no idea what the rush was for tbh.

Reminds me of when the Suns gave Brandon Knight a big extension when he was coming off a big ankle injury.
    The more you care..the more it hurts.

For all of the SK doubters, getting something done with HB that benefits the team (not standing pat, IOW) would be a big win.

My gut says he was a 3rd rounder who is playing nowhere near what he's getting paid (regardless of the why). If someone is going to take him and his contract, you're going to get little back...5th, maybe?

My guess is any trade would entail the Cardinals paying some portion of his salary, which becomes just like a cap hit.

I'd take a 6th for him if the trade partner took all the contract.

This defense is too small and finesse, IMO. Fast and quick is good. Big fast and quick is better. Big fast quick and nasty is best. We need an infusion of nasty on D.

The roster has too many smallish players, IMO. HB, Smoke, JJNel, Kerwynn are 4 key players who are small, not overly strong and less than fierce.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

The problem with any Mathieu cut is that the decision would have to be made before his next wave of guarantees kick in (March.)

Yes, you could "designate" him as a post June 1 cut, which EVENTUALLY gives you the ability to stretch out the dead hit over two years.

HOWEVER, you must still account for the ENTIRE dead hit ($9M) until June 1, so the savings for the entire early FA period are minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOna_Style View Post
    He isn't playing up to his contract but he is still a big fan favorite on the team.If Fitz/Palmer retire,I could still see them keeping TM because he is so adored in AZ.

IDK what the cap will look like,but idk if I'm ready to cut TM.Hopefully he plays shut out football rest of the season.Im being hopeful I know.
    "Adored"? His play was adored. You don't get emotional with players and give them big contracts coming off an ACL. esp. when he's locked in already for two years. Another dumb Keim move. Lets see if he learns his lesson with Golden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post

Trade? Who in their right mind would take on that contract.

It's either play here or get cut.

He's getting cut.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Default i wouldn't cut the HB...

The problem is I think they've changed the way they use the HB now since the 2nd ACL and the contract. He doesn't play near the LOS as much now blitzing off the edges making plays in the backfield. The entire defensive scheme is different now, and it's overall effect is POOR.

Of course any knee injury will zap some speed and explosiveness, but it's fact he was rushed back last year after the team got off to the bad start with the Super Bowl expectations, BOTCHED DRAFT PICK OF BRANDON WILLIAMS, CB play of Bethel, and surprise cut of Marquis Christian to hang on the bum punter Drew Butler. Remember his time table for his return last year was around mid-to-late October, but he was back in what Week 2 or Week 3 last year. That 4-6 week difference which was huge, or was he just rushed back?

I would cut some of the dead weight on the OL. The Vikings blew up their OL last year, and they are looking really nice this year. Veldheer will probably retire, so that leaves Iupati as a must cut. If BA retires, then I cut Shipley as well. If this scheme is so difficult to young players then modify the scheme. The veterans screw it up enough and they are supposed to know it.