Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Offseason Ideas

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    2,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longimanus View Post
    I think your analysis is pretty spot on. I'm not sure how to get rid of Tyrann, but he needs to be traded while he still has some value. Not only is he overpaid, he's a liability as a starter, both because of his speed and his height.

    The back-to-back IR injuries complicate things, but I would like to keep Branch; he at least plays pretty consistently. Baker hasn't shown enough to make me confident in his abilities.
    Tyrann has trade value but he is overpaid and a liability for his speed and height? I mean maybe he has value to the Browns, but not sure about the rest of the league in that scenario.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    2,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    Under your scenario the OL likely changes almost none...that's inexcusable if that ends up being the way it goes.
    I think with the Cards keeping Munyer on the roster originally and the signing of Matt Tuerk that we may value Boehm more than they do. At least at center. I am starting to think very good chance he is not our COTF.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,886

    Default

    Budda has been great on ST's but maybe I've just missed the boat on seeing what everyone else has seen on D for everyone to be so high on him as far as being a core guy on the D. He'll def get more PT though these final few weeks to show his stuff

    Whoever we draft at QB I'm all for just giving him the keys if Palmer isn't back. Gabbert sucks, the new guy isn't learning anything from him but bad habits it's just gonna look bad on the coach if the QB turns out to be good and you're still sitting him I.E what happened in Houston with Watson.

    As much as I'd like to just cut the whole O-line I don't think you can because quality O-line don't just hit the market like that every year and when they do they get overpaid so we'd be in a bidding war and when we have a lot of whole it's not necessarily smart to do. Have to be smart when it comes to some of these moves.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    Under your scenario the OL likely changes almost none...that's inexcusable if that ends up being the way it goes.
    I looked at it as the FO rather than a fan. And I know people love to overreact around here it seems, but the OL was OK when we had everyone fit and healthy and playing together for a few weeks. Blowing it up and starting from scratch is never going to happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    Budda has been great on ST's but maybe I've just missed the boat on seeing what everyone else has seen on D for everyone to be so high on him as far as being a core guy on the D. He'll def get more PT though these final few weeks to show his stuff
    Rewatch the Seahawks game.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    Tyrann has trade value but he is overpaid and a liability for his speed and height? I mean maybe he has value to the Browns, but not sure about the rest of the league in that scenario.
    I don't think Matthieu has any trade value until he re-learns how to tackle.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    5,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    I don't think Matthieu has any trade value until he re-learns how to tackle.
    He is hitting the Texans today.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,487

    Default

    We should have an offseason pool for the over/under on how many opening day 53 man roster players from 2017 are here opening day 2018.

    Anyone know how many players the 9ers changed out last season?
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    1st round: QB Darnold or QB Baker

    2nd round: best OL available

    3rd round: best DL available

    4th round: best WR available


    FA: best OL available

    FA: best WR available



  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,487

    Default

    Adding some more thoughts as the season continues to collapse.

    Regarding BA, here is the deal with coaching...you don't fire yours until you know the guy you want and believe is better is available and ready. So, if SK is thinking of a change, he'd better make sure who he wants is really available. Otherwise you're better off with BA staying another year than hiring a mistake.

    For example (and my hope) if David Shaw is not willing to leave Stanford for next season, you may need to let BA ride one more season and hope Shaw changes his mind.

    Someone has a thread on Patricia and Vrabel. No to Patricia (and Fonzi while we're at it) and Vrabel is interesting on some level I'll explain below. His lack of experience is one thing you'd have to truly vet.

    In general I think a coach like Vrabel may be the best route (and this is why I like the Shaw option so much) because the defense is closer to being really good, IMO, than the offense. If you bring a really intense, passionate and tough defensive coach, trade out Slows Dansby and and couple of other players for some nastier talent, this defense has some really solid pieces in place to be able to carry the team for a couple of seasons while the offense transitions some with a new QB and AP and DJ being the focus. On offense you need to revamp the QB, OL and WR rooms nearly completely. That's a lot of work.

    If this defense can be like the Tin Man and find some heart, the road back to really competitive football can be short.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    Adding some more thoughts as the season continues to collapse.

    Regarding BA, here is the deal with coaching...you don't fire yours until you know the guy you want and believe is better is available and ready. So, if SK is thinking of a change, he'd better make sure who he wants is really available. Otherwise you're better off with BA staying another year than hiring a mistake.

    For example (and my hope) if David Shaw is not willing to leave Stanford for next season, you may need to let BA ride one more season and hope Shaw changes his mind.

    Someone has a thread on Patricia and Vrabel. No to Patricia (and Fonzi while we're at it) and Vrabel is interesting on some level I'll explain below. His lack of experience is one thing you'd have to truly vet.

    In general I think a coach like Vrabel may be the best route (and this is why I like the Shaw option so much) because the defense is closer to being really good, IMO, than the offense. If you bring a really intense, passionate and tough defensive coach, trade out Slows Dansby and and couple of other players for some nastier talent, this defense has some really solid pieces in place to be able to carry the team for a couple of seasons while the offense transitions some with a new QB and AP and DJ being the focus. On offense you need to revamp the QB, OL and WR rooms nearly completely. That's a lot of work.

    If this defense can be like the Tin Man and find some heart, the road back to really competitive football can be short.
    I'm so dang mad at Bowles right now.... doing too good with a team that was supposed to be lucky to win 4.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •