Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Offseason Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    I'm so dang mad at Bowles right now.... doing too good with a team that was supposed to be lucky to win 4.
    Bowles is a great football mind. Plus he's not an attention whore.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    Bowles is a great football mind. Plus he's not an attention whore.
    Yeah he tooted his own horn here with those great halftime adjustments and second half shutouts. Those were the days.

Get rid of BA and his coaching staff. Then start culling some of these older players. Rucker and Dansby are just 2 that need to go of the older guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Get rid of BA and his coaching staff. Then start culling some of these older players. Rucker and Dansby are just 2 that need to go of the older guys.
    I may be wrong but I cannot imagine Michael firing SK. This team has reached very lofty levels under SK and he should have a chance to reverse the trend.

I hope BA retires and David Shaw is the next Cardinals coach.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

I’m not advocating for BA’s head and continue to support him but I do like Shaw. Plus, Shaw wouldn’t need to change his color scheme going from one Cardinal team to another.
    "Rise UP and Be Heard!"

My off season prediction:

1. BASK let Amos Jones contract expire, declare ST is fixed now. No more changes needed there
    2. We acquire 4 ageing FA that are slightly past their prime, two WR, declare passing game fixed
    3. Lose 1-2 of our FA that are decent players
    4.1. Draft comes we draft 8 overall. 3 QB taken infront of us. We end up with #2 CB that played safety their whole life but "will transition nicely" Freak athlete with high intangibles.
    4.2 Second round of draft, trade 4 picks to move up 7 spots to draft ....QB???....NO, another ILB to help motivate and compete with Dbuc. Nothing makes a team stronger.
    4.3 Third round is a Center from whoknws where university in the backwoods of Minnesota. Will contribute nicely in 2020 as a fullback.
    4.4 Very fast, extreamly fast and unbelievably fast players, actually #2-4 in the 40 at the combine regardless of position

Carson QB #1 Stanton Backup

Lets try this AGAIN!!!! WOOHOO!!!!
    Last edited by lacardsfan; 12-08-2017 at 01:45 PM.
    CP3 in AZ baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lacardsfan View Post
    My off season prediction:

1. BASK let Amos Jones contract expire, declare ST is fixed now. No more changes needed there
    2. We acquire 4 ageing FA that are slightly past their prime, two WR, declare passing game fixed
    3. Lose 1-2 of our FA that are decent players
    4.1. Draft comes we draft 8 overall. 3 QB taken infront of us. We end up with #2 CB that played safety their whole life but "will transition nicely" Freak athlete with high intangibles.
    4.2 Second round of draft, trade 4 picks to move up 7 spots to draft ....QB???....NO, another ILB to help motivate and compete with Dbuc. Nothing makes a team stronger.
    4.3 Third round is a Center from whoknws where university in the backwoods of Minnesota. Will contribute nicely in 2020 as a fullback.
    4.4 Very fast, extreamly fast and unbelievably fast players, actually #2-4 in the 40 at the combine regardless of position

Carson QB #1 Stanton Backup

Lets try this AGAIN!!!! WOOHOO!!!!
    Can you guarantee me that Jones is gone? And that the team can avoid the rash of brutal injuries to key players? If Bettcher can be introspective enough to wonder if he is making proper in-game adjustments, or scheming to his players' strengths, then I'll take my chances.

Oh, and 2018 is almost certainly Palmer's last season.

It's pointless to draft a QB who wouldn't play for 2 seasons, but it's almost as pointless to not draft one if you KNOW you will need one in 2019 at the latest. I expect a QB to be taken high, likely first.
    Last edited by WVcardsFan; 12-08-2017 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Can you guarantee me that Jones is gone? And that the team can avoid the rash of brutal injuries to key players? If Bettcher can be introspective enough to wonder if he is making proper in-game adjustments, or scheming to his players' strengths, then I'll take my chances.

It's pointless to draft a QB who wouldn't play for 2 seasons, but it's almost as pointless to not draft one if you KNOW you will need one in 2019 at the latest. I expect a QB to be taken high, likely first.
    Of course no one can guarantee the hapless Jones will be gone. To the best of my knowledge, none of us work there. But to keep Jones around would be a slap in the face to all Cardinal fans, and in my opinion Mike Bidwill and Keim know this. If they don't know it, they're idiots. Good grief, Jones is openly mocked in the local media here.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post

I have been a fan for over 40 years. I have spent thousands of dollars supporting a mostly average or worse franchise. I am in the 45-54 demo and have a 6 figure household income. I am wearing a Cardinals hoodie as I type this. IOW, I am the type of fan Michael should (and honestly almost certainly does) care about. And if they bring Amos back, I'm sitting out the season and I'll email MB & SK as to why. That change is a must for me to remain emotionally invested in the Cardinals and the NFL.

The QB thing has some interesting possibilities. I'm cooling on BG as the answer, but still want to see more. Some other possibilities certainly exist outside of the draft, namely Alex Smith (yes please), Andy Dalton, Kirk Cousins and dare I say in some weird universe Andrew Luck. (Although JB hasn't played well enough, IMO, to make that even a remote possibility, but I want to be able to say I said it if Luck does decide he wants out of Indy). Bortlels (no thanks) and The AZ Central article on offseason changes actually typed Case Keenum with a straight face. Good grief no, no and no. If CP3 returns then they certainly go the draft route and maybe get fortunate.

I want the focus to become getting the D to be dominant and nasty. That's more of a possibility, IMO, than resurrecting the 2015 offense.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    I have been a fan for over 40 years. I have spent thousands of dollars supporting a mostly average or worse franchise. I am in the 45-54 demo and have a 6 figure household income. I am wearing a Cardinals hoodie as I type this. IOW, I am the type of fan Michael should (and honestly almost certainly does) care about. And if they bring Amos back, I'm sitting out the season and I'll email MB & SK as to why. That change is a must for me to remain emotionally invested in the Cardinals and the NFL.

The QB thing has some interesting possibilities. I'm cooling on BG as the answer, but still want to see more. Some other possibilities certainly exist outside of the draft, namely Alex Smith (yes please), Andy Dalton, Kirk Cousins and dare I say in some weird universe Andrew Luck. (Although JB hasn't played well enough, IMO, to make that even a remote possibility, but I want to be able to say I said it if Luck does decide he wants out of Indy). Bortlels (no thanks) and The AZ Central article on offseason changes actually typed Case Keenum with a straight face. Good grief no, no and no. If CP3 returns then they certainly go the draft route and maybe get fortunate.

I want the focus to become getting the D to be dominant and nasty. That's more of a possibility, IMO, than resurrecting the 2015 offense.
    I'm right there with you on the Jones thing. He stays, I go. Keeping him after last year was enough of an insult, I sure as heck don't need an encore.