Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our wins vs our losses

Default Our wins vs our losses

I'd just like to put things in a little perspective.

Our records says we're 5-6. Close to a .500 football team. But the record doesn't tell the whole story.

A little deeper look at the numbers shows how truly inept we have been against legitimate teams.

Against the teams we've lost to, they have a combined 40 wins. Against the teams we've beat they have a combined 15 wins(Only one of them being over .500).

In the games we've lost, we've been outscored 183-84. Against the teams we've beat, we've outscored our opponents 119-95.

I know the truth hurts. But this isn't a good team. This isn't even a team that deserves to be .500 and I don't see where all of the bright eyed, bushy tail optimists are coming from.

Sure, I could understand having some optimism when we were 9-7 under Kurt Warner. We had a high powered offense, that could put up points at will, with a hall of fame QB and two potentially hall of fame WRs(I think Boldin deserves to get in). We had a below average defense that would either give up points, or get a turnover, but with Warner, Fitz and Boldin, anything could happen.

This simply isn't the same team as back then and it's not even close.

Anyways, I imagine I"ll be around a lot less until next year. I've usually only been coming around on game day but in the meantime, I'll still be watching our Cards every week, still hoping that our young guys show promise, and still hoping that we lose.
    Last edited by KerryRhodes26; 11-26-2017 at 09:41 PM.
    I was gonna post a pic, but honey badger don't give a dang.

I agree. Stuck in mediocrity forever.

Carpe diem. We won.

A thrilling Victory! Proves that this eclectic amalgam of young and old Players and Coaches can WIN! Therefore, no changes needed for 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryRhodes26 View Post

Our records says we're 5-6. Close to a .500 football team. But the record doesn't tell the whole story.

A little deeper look at the numbers shows how truly inept we have been against legitimate teams.

Against the teams we've lost to, they have a combined 40 wins. Against the teams we've beat they have a combined 15 wins(Only one of them being over .500).

In the games we've lost, we've been outscored 183-84. Against the teams we've beat, we've outscored our opponents 119-95.

I know the truth hurts. But this isn't a good team. This isn't even a team that deserves to be .500 and I don't see where all of the bright eyed, bushy tail optimists are coming from.

Sure, I could understand having some optimism when we were 9-7 under Kurt Warner. We had a high powered offense, that could put up points at will, with a hall of fame QB and two potentially hall of fame WRs(I think Boldin deserves to get in). We had a below average defense that would either give up points, or get a turnover, but with Warner, Fitz and Boldin, anything could happen.

Anyways, I imagine I"ll be around a lot less until next year. I've usually only been coming around on game day but in the meantime, I'll still be watching our Cards every week, still hoping that our young guys show promise, and still hoping that we lose.
    Totally get where you are coming from on the quality of our team. Iíve made several posts noting the win loss record of our opponents and our poor showing in points scored vs points allowed. But there are currently 11 teams who have played a weaker strength of schedule than us.

People arenít arguing with you about the chances our team has or the record. People are disagreeing with your beliefs about literally tanking a season. Losing on purpose unless itís clear you are a (top?) playoff contender.

You base much of this NEED for a 7th draft pick instead of a 13th draft pick on how terrible a team we are. A three win team who will win five or six just because thatís apparently a stupid thing only the Cardinals do. Well, teams donít tank in the NFL. Thatís the NBA, where you have five starters on a team and the draft is set up where getting that one top pick can actually make or break your team.

One could also argue we are a .500 team who lost their top 3 RB/WR, kick returner, 10 sack OLB, top Olinemen LT, vet starter LG, and oh....Carson Palmer to be replaced by Stanton/Gabbert. With health, the development of guys like Baker and Reddick and Nkemdiche, and a draft and FA where we should have solid cap to spend, we arenít in such dire straights.

Relax and enjoy the wins. None of them come easy in todayís NFL.

Relax, we beat the Jags. Another team not as good as their record indicates. We are right on track for zero changes next season. Just like last season.

I see ASU is tired of mediocrity and fired their coach after a big win. The Cards arenít tired yet.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

That is the first legit team the Cardinals have beaten this season.
    The time is to enjoy the win and worry about draft position another day IMO.
    Logan Woodside is not a day three pick, he is the best QB in college.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryRhodes26 View Post

We are 1 and 1 in games Wayne Gabbert has started against teams with a combined winning record. Coach Ottis deserves a game ball for yesterday's win. That was one of the most brilliantly coached special teams I've seen in years. Don't forget last years team is going to the SB if only coach Ottis could string together an all time great year for special teams coaches.

I also give a game ball to coach Marrone for letting his OC call a 2nd down pass with 37 seconds to go when they were trying to run out the clock and go to OT.

Wayne Gabbert, David Johnson, AQ Shipley and 58 yard game winning field goals probably wins us 14 games next year. Not to mention Larry is coming back and Iupati and NK will be healthy and Mathieu will be fast again. Use our 13th pick in the draft for a CB to pair with PP and we might just have theBEARS 85 D to combine with Gabbert to Larry with DJ out of the backfield and Shipley destroying the center of every D we play. All in baby!

Another toxic win for a team destined for mediocrity.

Last year we closed strong with multiple wins setting up that MOMENTUM going into this year. LOL.I tried in vain to argue that the wins simply hurt our draft position. Hows that "momentum" working for us?

Too many holes to fill in super important positions. Try needing a QB and an oline in this league. Good luck doing that in one year after scrapping together a 7-9 season.

Hello Alex Smith.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    We are 1 and 1 in games Wayne Gabbert has started against teams with a combined winning record. Coach Ottis deserves a game ball for yesterday's win. That was one of the most brilliantly coached special teams I've seen in years. Don't forget last years team is going to the SB if only coach Ottis could string together an all time great year for special teams coaches.

I also give a game ball to coach Marrone for letting his OC call a 2nd down pass with 37 seconds to go when they were trying to run out the clock and go to OT.

Wayne Gabbert, David Johnson, AQ Shipley and 58 yard game winning field goals probably wins us 14 games next year. Not to mention Larry is coming back and Iupati and NK will be healthy and Mathieu will be fast again. Use our 13th pick in the draft for a CB to pair with PP and we might just have theBEARS 85 D to combine with Gabbert to Larry with DJ out of the backfield and Shipley destroying the center of every D we play. All in baby!
    Did you forget this?

JosEPh