Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58

Thread: Our wins vs our losses

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Are 76er fans or players complaining about the 5 years of tanking right now?



    No. They are enjoying their winning.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    And you dont have to TRY to lose.


    Perfect example: San Francisco playing CJ Beathard instead of Jimmy G. They will get the #2 pick, get a franchise RB in Barkley, and go into next season with 2 new franchise weapons.

    No 9ers fans or players next year are going to complain about the CJ Beathard losing strategy to get that #2 pick when they are winning games in 2018.

    Harsh reality, teams at the bottom of the NFL aren't out there trying to lose games those teams are just that bad. Jimmy G could start next Sunday and he'd do horrible because San Frans line is terrible theres a reason they'll give him a drive and sit him it's not for tanking purposes it's for health purposes. The Browns aren't trying to repeatedly suck for assets and consistently whiff like they do, they're just that bad

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Are 76er fans or players complaining about the 5 years of tanking right now?



    No. They are enjoying their winning.
    The fact that you are comparing NBA to NFL shows one of two things.

    1. You are grasping at straws
    2. You genuinely do not know what youíre talking about

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    chandler AZ
    Posts
    4,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Of course I can. You are basically vindicating we lose games to put us in a draft position where we we won't have to trade up to take a QB.

    What I am saying is it goes against the spirit of the game and sport in general. If you don't play to win you shouldn't bother playing again.
    No matter how many times I or a few others say it you just keep coming back with this same robotic response.

    I don't advocate losing. But right now we don't have the team to win the super bowl. So they should see what they have with BRAndon Williams, Nkimdeche, Foster, Boehn, etc. They will have growing pains but we need to see if they can improve. In the short term it could mean losses but it will allow us to evaluate our recent young talent while potentially losing with them would only improve our draft position.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    382

    Default

    At this point, I really donít care if we win or lose.

    Yea, you worsen your draft position if you continue to win meaningless games. However, itís not a guarantee weíll make the right choice. Hell, just look at the team we played yesterday with their selection of Bortles. Heís horrible. It might also greatly increases our chances of NOT drafting Josh Allen cause some team might be more eager to draft him before us. Hopefully Elway & the Broncos makes that mistake.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    No matter how many times I or a few others say it you just keep coming back with this same robotic response.

    I don't advocate losing. But right now we don't have the team to win the super bowl. So they should see what they have with BRAndon Williams, Nkimdeche, Foster, Boehn, etc. They will have growing pains but we need to see if they can improve. In the short term it could mean losses but it will allow us to evaluate our recent young talent while potentially losing with them would only improve our draft position.
    Exactly. These delusional posters here think we have a SB team. Stuck back in 2014-2015.
    Last edited by Birdgang95; 11-27-2017 at 02:06 PM.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdgang95 View Post
    Exactly. These delusional posters here think we have a SB team. Stuck back in 2014-2015.
    that's such a ridiculous statement. nobody thinks we have a SB team, how do you come up with that?

    still able to enjoy a win like yesterdays' not more not less.

    stop worrying so much about draft position. you can get a bad Qb at #1 and a great QB at #32.

    play the games and let the chips fall where they may. stop trying to drag all of us into your doom and gloom dungeon.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestCard View Post
    The fact that you are comparing NBA to NFL shows one of two things.

    1. You are grasping at straws
    2. You genuinely do not know what youíre talking about
    Obviously my only response is "go ahead and explain the differences then". But I shouldnt have to. Why cant you just be forthcoming with information and say "I disagree, because of these reasons _________"?


    If thats is how you have a conversation, then save it. I care less about your opinion than I care to go through this teeth pulling exercise of what should be basic communication.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Switzerland View Post

    stop worrying so much about draft position. you can get a bad Qb at #1 and a great QB at #32.

    play the games and let the chips fall where they may

    There is not 1 iota of intelligence or strategy in this, and even you cant argue that. Its pure chaos and luck.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    No matter how many times I or a few others say it you just keep coming back with this same robotic response.

    I don't advocate losing. But right now we don't have the team to win the super bowl. So they should see what they have with BRAndon Williams, Nkimdeche, Foster, Boehn, etc. They will have growing pains but we need to see if they can improve. In the short term it could mean losses but it will allow us to evaluate our recent young talent while potentially losing with them would only improve our draft position.
    Every one of those guys aside from Williams played yesterday. You can't sit here and criticize them for seeing what they have which is increasing losses because young players don't win then blame them when they wind up winning, you can't have both. They're on there 3rd string QB with a patchwork o-line if you're gonna sit here and be mad at someone be mad at Jacksonville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •