Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: Our wins vs our losses

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peterson21 View Post
    I think it's just hard to blame a coach for everything.
    Saints have had many down years with Peyton but kept him and are back on track.

    Players like John Brown, JJ Nelson and even jaron brown have been reliable WRs with fitz.
    Last couple seasons they are either consistently hurt or actually play bad as a player not a coach.

    The defense which has been elite for years has took a major step back we have always been a heavy blitz team but now our secondary can't with stand a blitz I feel.

    This team being 5-6 with its injuries is kinda crazy to me. Should prob be 6-5 if we had BG for Seattle. Everyone knew Stanton was boo boo.

    I just feel like the good teams stick with their HCs through the ups and downs.
    GB
    NO
    CAR
    Dallas
    Pitt
    Baltimore

    Not all those teams have success every year and quite honestly have a few down years.
    Arizona fans are extremely quick to turn on its players or coaches I feel like for all the sports.
    Always been weird to me
    Personally I think Arians is a terrific Offensive coach. I completely disagree with those on the board that think he's stubborn and unwilling to adjust. That said, I don't ever remember the Cardinals having an elite D during the Arians era. They were good a few years but elite, Never. Denver and Seattle had elite defenses. The Cardinals were good, that's it.

    The reason I think we should move on is simple. We have an old QB and No. 1 WR. The entire O needs to be rebuilt although we do have a couple of very good pieces with DJ being the only one I can think of moving forward. Arians deal is for 1 more year. I don't want to rebuild the O with a lame duck coach. I also don't want Arians to have control over the defensive and special teams coaches. I think we need a new staff. You can't rebuild an O with an offensive coach on a 1 year deal and Arians isn't up to a new 5 year deal. The Cardinals are also to cheap to give him a 5 year deal and buy him out.


    I would dump Keim at this point but if Keim is willing to hire a young strong coach who may well challenge him I could see retaining him. This team needs new blood on the sidelines. We need a young QB and a new OL scheme. This is the time to do it.

    I suspect management is going to bring Palmer back and let Arians coach as essentially a lame duck next year. We probably resign Gabbert and draft OL heavily and take a late round QB prospect. We will all buy it because obviously this year it was injuries that did us in.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Head to head is not the first tie breaker.
    When two teams are tied it is the first time breaker

    http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Thats very romantic, but its wholly worthless. The memory of that superbowl parade is alot more meaningful than the memory of going 8-8 again.



    Pride is the folly of man - Proverbs 16:5

    Overruling strategy and intelligence for the sake of your pride is the greatest sin a club can commit. The spirit of the game is to win. Doing everything you can for the sake of winning is the definition of sport.


    And not to get dramatic...but theres alot of Cards fans whod love to see a championship before they die. And they might not get that chance at this rate. That experience would be phenomenal and more important than any "spirit of the game" rubbish.
    I've heard a lot of people misquote Scripture in a faulty attempt to support their argument. But this one takes the cake.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    According to him the Lions were winning because of luck and bounces. We were only losing because of injuries.

    That's ground breaking analysis!!!
    Never said either of those things, but since my 3-year-old has better reading comprehension than you, I shouldn't expect anything else.

    If you don't think luck, happenstance, and bounces/breaks have a huge impact in a sport that inherently has a razor thin margin in the difference between a win and a loss, has an unbalanced schedule, and has been set up to encourage parity, then you are actually dumber than I thought.

    By the way, only people without a girlfriend and a job go out of their way to point out that they have a girlfriend and a job.

    You're welcome?

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Never said either of those things, but since my 3-year-old has better reading comprehension than you, I shouldn't expect anything else.

    If you don't think luck, happenstance, and bounces/breaks have a huge impact in a sport that inherently has a razor thin margin in the difference between a win and a loss, has an unbalanced schedule, and has been set up to encourage parity, then you are actually dumber than I thought.

    By the way, only people without a girlfriend and a job go out of their way to point out that they have a girlfriend and a job.

    You're welcome?
    Your hilarious. You claim not to make those statements and then go on in the next sentence to defend your theories on bounces and luck.

    and the girlfriend job reference is a joke and in relation to something exchanged in a previous thread.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Personally I think Arians is a terrific Offensive coach. I completely disagree with those on the board that think he's stubborn and unwilling to adjust. That said, I don't ever remember the Cardinals having an elite D during the Arians era. They were good a few years but elite, Never. Denver and Seattle had elite defenses. The Cardinals were good, that's it.

    The reason I think we should move on is simple. We have an old QB and No. 1 WR. The entire O needs to be rebuilt although we do have a couple of very good pieces with DJ being the only one I can think of moving forward. Arians deal is for 1 more year. I don't want to rebuild the O with a lame duck coach. I also don't want Arians to have control over the defensive and special teams coaches. I think we need a new staff. You can't rebuild an O with an offensive coach on a 1 year deal and Arians isn't up to a new 5 year deal. The Cardinals are also to cheap to give him a 5 year deal and buy him out.


    I would dump Keim at this point but if Keim is willing to hire a young strong coach who may well challenge him I could see retaining him. This team needs new blood on the sidelines. We need a young QB and a new OL scheme. This is the time to do it.

    I suspect management is going to bring Palmer back and let Arians coach as essentially a lame duck next year. We probably resign Gabbert and draft OL heavily and take a late round QB prospect. We will all buy it because obviously this year it was injuries that did us in.

    Hmm we defentitly have bad a elite defense under arians.
    3 out of the 5 years we ranked top 5.

    One of the years we didn't but held teams to a avg of 17 or 18points per game which was one of the lowest for that NFL season. Glad you agree that people think arians doesn't adjust. He went from air it out style to stacking the box with David Johnson and AP. Though it's not working due to our offense Line being absolute trash. For how bad this season is going with injuries he's held it together yeah this team will
    Not make the playoffs but realistically the team should prob have 4-5 wins for the entire season but he's going to coach them prob to a 8-8 record or so.

    (Kinda like his first year, even though we knew mathematically we were eliminated from playoff contention he still had our guys winning games and fighting till week 17) it's what had this board going bannasas for him. 4 years later everyone turns their back on him ****. Like he isn't the winning coach we have ever had and changed the culture of cardinals football that's not even my words that's past/present players who have put on the uniform for him.

    Ain't nobody going to be successful every year unless you get a Brady,Manning, Rodgers type talent period.
    Nobody can come to grips with that and think the NFL is just that easy.

    I saw panthers go 15-1
    Cardinals 13-3 both miss playoffs following year.
    In that year I saw Dallas go 4-12.
    Flip it around the following year and 13-3?
    To follow it up this year and suck.

    I've seen drew Bree's throw 4K every year in a season some years it works others it doesn't.
    Rams been sucking and now they are balling does that mean they will next year? No

    Arizona sports fans are honestly toxic as hell.
    I have things I don't like about arians too though but nothing that's like **** this guy is crap.
    I don't see a need to start a coaching Nightmare right now.


    How many of you can turley believe if we fire Arians draft a rookie QB start him have a few down years that the coach won't be fired? Or better yet the board will want him fired.

    Unless we get lucky and stumble across a generational QB talent.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,757

    Default

    The team could also win out or win 4 out of 5, win 9 or 10 ten games. Likelyhood very slim but that's why you play the games and all 60 minutes of each game.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    Your hilarious. You claim not to make those statements and then go on in the next sentence to defend your theories on bounces and luck.

    and the girlfriend job reference is a joke and in relation to something exchanged in a previous thread.
    Are you serious?

    Are you really this incapable of reading?

    You claim I said “the Lions are only winning because of luck” and that Arizona is only losing because of bad breaks. I never said EITHER of those things, and me pointing out the FACT that luck and variance play crucial roles in NFL games does not contradict that statement.

    Luck and variance ABSOLUTELY swing games, especially close ones.

    The Lions did not win 9 games in ‘16 ONLY due to luck, but they WERE extraordinarily lucky. Even their beat writers admit that. They were about a 5-win team that got super lucky.

    Detroit is not seeing that same unsustainable luck in close games this year, but they are getting some breaks injury wise (few crucial injuries to their guys, getting to play other teams missing crucial players.)

    The Lions are not a very good team. I stand by that.


    And Arizona has been VERY unlucky the last two years, after having a lot of luck go their way in ‘15.

    Not sure why it’s so hard for you to comprehend any of this. It’s fairly standard stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •