Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Why NOT BG ??

My opinion is palmer comes back next yr with fitz.
    We don't address QB till following season via FA or draft.

In the draft we focus oline, WR and possibly look for a good 2nd CB in FA

Quote Originally Posted by MSloan View Post
    QB, OL and WR need to be seriously addressed. This upcoming draft is going to be a nice one if you need interior OL help though, absolutely loaded with quality guard prospects.
    I love the OG from ND... heís a game changer

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals2005 View Post
    I love the OG from ND... heís a game changer

Nelson looks like the real deal. Like Iupati but much better as pass blocker and more mobile overall. I expect him to go super early, even top 10 like Cooper. Beyond him though there are so many intriguing interior linemen. Will Hernandez, Braden Smith, Billy Price, Frank Ragnow, Mason Cole and on and on and on. Even if you are completely hopeless in terms of evaluating offensive lineman you should be able to close your eyes, throw a dart at the draft board and come out with a good one in the first 3 rounds.

Hernandez in particular is probably the closest thing to Iupati since the original. Really fantastic looking prospect, a true mauler that flat out destroys people and plays with bad intentions and a chip on his shoulder.

I can see why people wanted to see what Gabbert had, but the guy was a top 10 pick, it's his 7th season, and he's started over 40 games. The guy is hardly a mystery, but he's a backup QB in the sense that he can seem super promising until he has to put it together week in and week out. That's the big thing that separates starters from backups. But the NFL is full of backup QBs who go into games and put together some really encouraging short-term stuff that gets fans hyped. I get it.

I agree. Hes a good back up that we need to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterson21 View Post
    My opinion is palmer comes back next yr with fitz.
    We don't address QB till following season via FA or draft.

In the draft we focus oline, WR and possibly look for a good 2nd CB in FA
    It seems the Cardinals organization is leaning more in the direction of most everyone coming back vs an entire house cleaning. A reload instead of a rebuild. That's the read I'm getting. Deny anything is really wrong and endeavor to persevere.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Eickhorn View Post
    It seems the Cardinals organization is leaning more in the direction of most everyone coming back vs an entire house cleaning. A reload instead of a rebuild. That's the read I'm getting. Deny anything is really wrong and endeavor to persevere.
    Then they will have a 3rd straight losing season.

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop6849 View Post
    Then they will have a 3rd straight losing season.
    Then they can draft whichever franchise savior is coming out of the draft in 2019. There is always time to blow it up and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Nately120 View Post
    I can see why people wanted to see what Gabbert had, but the guy was a top 10 pick, it's his 7th season, and he's started over 40 games. The guy is hardly a mystery, but he's a backup QB in the sense that he can seem super promising until he has to put it together week in and week out. That's the big thing that separates starters from backups. But the NFL is full of backup QBs who go into games and put together some really encouraging short-term stuff that gets fans hyped. I get it.
    This is exactly correct. And I am one of those. I wanted to see what he has. I've seen it. It's better than Stanton, but we need more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by jgmotorsport View Post
    This is exactly correct. And I am one of those. I wanted to see what he has. I've seen it. It's better than Stanton, but we need more than that.
    Iím almost there and have never really hoped for much more than a QB2 replacement of Stanton out of Gabbert. Iíve been on board with drafting QBOF this year. I would say, however, that Gabbert did better against the Rams this week than Palmer and Stanton did in London. And Palmer didnít start putting decent performances together in BAís offense until after a full training camp, pre-season and half a season as QB1.