Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why NOT BG ??

Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post
    I think we all should remember this was only his second game under BA's system. Considering that, I think he did as bought as well as you could hope for, and remember that was the number one defense yesterday.

Can anyone say that after just two games, he should be playing like Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers or even Carson Palmer.

Let's see how he plays the rest of the year before we write him off as the QBoF.

From what I've seen so far, he's done nothing to show me he can't, and maybe flashes that he can.

All I'm saying. Lets see more before we decide what he can or can't be....its just too soon to call it....

Most teams don't have an elite QB; most teams are searching for that elusive QB saviour. I agree with you, let's see how he does the rest of the year before writing him off. I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far. He's far from perfect, but he's playing some entertaining ball and the players are rallying around him.

Fans in Minnesota are saying the same thing about Case Keenam. They think intermittent starting for a garbage team is a predictor of future success and cannot fatham that a QB might just need a supporting cast to succeed. So many Minny fans are actively rooting against Case and advocating for a QB who hasn't played in 2 seasons and, if they remember, NEVER played at an elite level - nice guy, very pedestrian statistics and game management. The same types of people are rooting against Blaine. He's never had a supporting cast or coaching as good as he has it here. I expect we will continue to see improvements with him as he gets more chemistry with the team and coaches, and understands the system. The rest of the season is his job interview; and so far, he's doing as good as we could hope. The next few games will tell us a lot about him.

What Cardinals QB has the best QBR this season ?

Cardinals_QB's_QBR.jpg

I am willing to accept a LOT of other alternatives than BG but not if the alternative is Alex Smith.
    Last edited by SurpriseCardFan; 11-27-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post
    I think we all should remember this was only his second game under BA's system. Considering that, I think he did as bought as well as you could hope for, and remember that was the number one defense yesterday.

Can anyone say that after just two games, he should be playing like Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers or even Carson Palmer.

Let's see how he plays the rest of the year before we write him off as the QBoF.

From what I've seen so far, he's done nothing to show me he can't, and maybe flashes that he can.

All I'm saying. Lets see more before we decide what he can or can't be....its just too soon to call it....

If he plays well enough to get us to the playoffs id be ok with paying for his services and drafting a qb r1. But unless he pulls a rich Gannon I don't want to put all our eggs in his basket.

The problem would be if Palmer doesn't retire.

Blaine Gabbert can be the guy, i like how mobile he was yesterday. Id wait to see how he plays for the rest of the year. If he can improve with every game then i dont mind him being our guy. Besides, we need to draft a WR or a DT that can bring the pressure in the first. I dont think the qb we want will be there by the time its our turn to pick in the 1st. Cousins demands too much money. Alex smith might want alot money as well. Im gonna wait n see how gabbert does for the rest of the year but im rooting for the guy.

We have people openly campaigning for BG and even Alex Smith...................

Do you people watch games or just check stats? Real question.

Can't wait to hear how BG has just played on bad teams with no one around him.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

And my worst nightmare might come true.

https://twitter.com/mikejurecki/stat...28978947768320

Sounds like we won't be drafting our in guy in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdgang95 View Post

This is how a franchise continues to be poor for it's entire life.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

SK will try to find the next Tom Brady in mid to late rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    What Cardinals QB has the best QBR this season ?

Cardinals_QB's_QBR.jpg

I am willing to accept a LOT of other alternatives than BG but not if the alternative is Alex Smith.
    Both of there QBR's are in the bottom 3rd for starters in the NFL if you really want to use that stat

That's not what that's saying at all, that's coach speak. Even clarified it just now

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    We have people openly campaigning for BG and even Alex Smith...................

Do you people watch games or just check stats? Real question.

Can't wait to hear how BG has just played on bad teams with no one around him.
    Dude -- 98.7 for 2 mos have identified the Cards are interested in Alex Smith as a FA and Josh Allen as a mid 1st round pick. I am NOT saying BG is the guy but rather I am intrigued -- I would say the 2015 season for BG with 49ers is better than anything Case Keenum has ever done pre-2017 and yet Case Keenum's QBR is HIGHER THAN ANY QB (Brady - Rodgers - Brees etc...) since 2013. Case Keenum is the perfect example to show what can happen with an upgrade OL in 3 positions and a few weapons.

There are about 8 for sure very good to great QB's on the planet at this point -- I am not saying BG is the QBOF as he probably is the "bridge" however considering he has many things as headwinds to his success:
    1. CP says he takes 2 yrs to get the BA offense.
    2. BG's snaps up until last week were extremely limited so if it takes 2 yrs to learn BA offense getting all the extra starter reps is impressive.
    3. Cards are down 3 OL from the starters of Week #1
    4. Cards are missing WR2 and the player who was 40% of the 2016 offense.
    5. BG and Fitz - JJ Nelson haven't worked together except for last 2 weeks.

Jags defense was being compared to the '85 Bears defense prior to yesterday (which I know is crazy) but their stats on defense so far this year has been "lights out" -- what I don't understand is to acknowledge that Calais would have had at least 2 sacks with either CP or DS at QB including one play where Calais had BG around the waist and in Roethlisberger style BG was able to throw Calais off and run to the sideline. Following that missed sack the Cards scored a TD which I am not sure would have happened had the sack occurred.

What is your plan ? .... either throw $25M APY at Kirk Cousins or to trade 5 draft picks for Josh Rosen who is either Aaron Rodgers or Jay Cutler ?