Thread: Baker Mayfield, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen

Hybrid View

Default Baker Mayfield, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen

How do you rank them? Would you trade up for any of them, even if it meant mortgaging the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdgang95 View Post
    How do you rank them? Would you trade up for any of them, even if it meant mortgaging the future?
    I’m not settled yet. Some very different guys in skill set, QB type, and leadership and maturity. Allen isat the bottom for me. Rosen I find myself wary of as a leader...I’d rather have small potential maturity issues in a Mayfield than leadership issues in a Rosen. There’s something I really like about Darnold when he’s playing from behind, but not all game in every game. Jackson and Mayfield would be exciting but maybe flash and burn. I don’t think I’ll be able to rank them easily this year and that kind of makes me happy. I won’t freak out as much when we don’t get my favorite.

The fanspeak.com 2018 draft simulator is already open and will be the end of me this off-season.
    Last edited by Dry Heat; 11-28-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Then you have darkhorses in Jarrett Stidham, Clayton Thorson and Riley Ferguson. I don't want anything to do with Mason Rudolph or Luke Falk.

Just from what he has done the last two years, I have to go with Mayfield. A 70 percent completion percentage is really good. For both years. No matter what division your in. Add in the fact his ypc is over 11, that tells me he is throwing more that bubble screens. Plus he can run a bit. He would be my #1 choice. The rest in any order you want. Not sold on Jackson. Pass on Rosen. Darnold regresses this year. Allen is all hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Just from what he has done the last two years, I have to go with Mayfield. A 70 percent completion percentage is really good. For both years. No matter what division your in. Add in the fact his ypc is over 11, that tells me he is throwing more that bubble screens. Plus he can run a bit. He would be my #1 choice. The rest in any order you want. Not sold on Jackson. Pass on Rosen. Darnold regresses this year. Allen is all hype.
    Mayfield's on-field record is head and shoulders above most other 3rd and 4th yr prospects expecting to enter the 2018 draft. So, I'm all in w/ a Mayfield selection, unless something drastic happens off-field next winter and spring.