Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Thoughts on Hassan reddick?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    261

    Default Thoughts on Hassan reddick?

    Thoughts on title self explanatory.
    Personally haven't really noticed impact of him.

    What is he a ILB or OLB?
    Do you see a bright future or a average player

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peterson21 View Post
    Thoughts on title self explanatory.
    Personally haven't really noticed impact of him.

    What is he a ILB or OLB?
    Do you see a bright future or a average player
    He was more noticeable at ILB in Bucís spot. I think that is the one position for him. Sadly his growth was stunted by Buc coming back and then Golden getting hurt and being moved to OLB. His future is not at OLB.

    Unless they were planning on Bucís replacement not sure this pick is going to pan out. I think Buc needs to move on and Reddick step into that role. Would like him to get more game experience at that spot as its his best chance at a solid future.

    All clearly just my opinion, we shall see.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Belac sums it up but I still think he was overdrafted, mainly thanks to the senior bowl and the combine. But then again, if you told me we picked Baker at 13 and Redick in round 2 I wouldn't be upset with that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Belac sums it up but I still think he was overdrafted, mainly thanks to the senior bowl and the combine. But then again, if you told me we picked Baker at 13 and Redick in round 2 I wouldn't be upset with that.
    There is no doubt he could have been over drafted. I actually watch all the Sr Bowl practices and game a few times. I liked him and thought he was a relatively safe pick. Obviously many of us were intrigued by Foster, but this pick seemed safe. I did not have strong feelings as I was just bummed Mahomes and Watson were gone, so nothing at that spot was going to excite me.

    I was also happy we didnít draft Humphrey the CB. No clue what kind of season he has had, but I just wasnít a fan. Trading back a bit would have been nice.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Being honest I wanted Foster and I still think it is miss we will regret in years to come.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Being honest I wanted Foster and I still think it is miss we will regret in years to come.
    He seems to fit the bill for what we need. Time will tell with injuries, but yeah on the surface he would have been nice. If he keeps it together mentally and stays healthy he is a stud.

    On another note it was frustrating watching another thumper I wanted Cards to draft in Benardrick Mckinney stuffing our running game all day against Houston. We need a true and young run stuffing MLB.
    Last edited by Belac44; 11-29-2017 at 08:59 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    He was more noticeable at ILB in Bucís spot. I think that is the one position for him. Sadly his growth was stunted by Buc coming back and then Golden getting hurt and being moved to OLB. His future is not at OLB.

    Unless they were planning on Bucís replacement not sure this pick is going to pan out. I think Buc needs to move on and Reddick step into that role. Would like him to get more game experience at that spot as its his best chance at a solid future.

    All clearly just my opinion, we shall see.

    As we got closer to the draft I called for Adoree Jackson CB in Rd #1 and Zay Jones WR in #2 while also keeping Swearinger (cheaper than TJ) and Sio Moore at LB for depth. At LB could have traded up easily and gotten Zach Cunningham from Vandy (the latter has similar freak athletic talents of Reddick) .... Adoree Jackson will make the first team all-rookie team and I believe Z. Cunningham will as well. Zay Jones started slowly (got hurt in training camp and got late start) but has been coming on despite the disruption at QB with the Bills and could be 2nd team all rookie WR.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    As we got closer to the draft I called for Adoree Jackson CB in Rd #1 and Zay Jones WR in #2 while also keeping Swearinger (cheaper than TJ) and Sio Moore at LB for depth. At LB could have traded up easily and gotten Zach Cunningham from Vandy (the latter has similar freak athletic talents of Reddick) .... Adoree Jackson will make the first team all-rookie team and I believe Z. Cunningham will as well. Zay Jones started slowly (got hurt in training camp and got late start) but has been coming on despite the disruption at QB with the Bills and could be 2nd team all rookie WR.
    I was a fan of both guys you mentioned. Adoree concerned me a bit if he was ready to step in at corner, but I knew he would help return game immediately.

    Zay Jones and JuJu were to WRís I really was hoping we would end up with.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,437

    Default

    A very athletic talented player. The idea of having him and DBuck as our starting inside linebackers with Golden and Jones on the outside won't work. Way to light in the middle of the D. If that's what Keim had in mind, I think it's nuts.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chandler
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    A very athletic talented player. The idea of having him and DBuck as our starting inside linebackers with Golden and Jones on the outside won't work. Way to light in the middle of the D. If that's what Keim had in mind, I think it's nuts.
    I feel like he had to have been drafted to be the replacement for Buc because you are right, It will not work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •