Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Hassan reddick?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    A very athletic talented player. The idea of having him and DBuck as our starting inside linebackers with Golden and Jones on the outside won't work. Way too light in the middle of the D. If that's what Keim had in mind, I think it's nuts.
    Riddick came in at 235...

It's not unreasonable to think that after a year of NFL training and nutrition, he'll be up to 245.

That's big enough for the SILB in today's league.

It isn't big enough, however, to hold the edge in a 3-4 D as an outside linebacker. That's why K. Martin has been taking the run downs, so far.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

Given Keims track record, its most likely hes a disappointment.

But thats not fair to him yet. Im still 100% behind him. His future is definitely at ILB. Give him more time to succeed or fail.

I will say this (and I do every chance I get): I loathe projects. And taking a player who has spent his entire life and made his bones at position A.....only to draft him and move him to position B is a headache nobody asked for. If you needed an ILB...then draft an ILB.
    Last edited by Zaz; 11-29-2017 at 10:07 AM.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure I read he spent time playing safety and running back at HS.

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    I feel like he had to have been drafted to be the replacement for Buc because you are right, It will not work.
    Kind of what Ive thought...Baker a cheaper replacement eventually for Badger, and Reddick cheaper than DBuc as his contract end nears?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Riddick came in at 235...

It's not unreasonable to think that after a year of NFL training and nutrition, he'll be up to 245.

That's big enough for the SILB in today's league.

It isn't big enough, however, to hold the edge in a 3-4 D as an outside linebacker. That's why K. Martin has been taking the run downs, so far.
    245 is light and his legs are like twigs. 245 would be a stretch for him. He isn't close to being strong enough to hold up and shed a guard or good center. He will be attacked head on which nullifies his speed. Terrible D for him coupled with D Buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Belac44 View Post
    I feel like he had to have been drafted to be the replacement for Buc because you are right, It will not work.
    I think you're probably right. DBuc has to go with Reddick.

just think we could have moved up to take Mahomes. but Keim was doing cartwheels over Reddick.

I think in fairness he's shown enough this season to be hopeful. He has great speed and work ethic.

I'm still hopeful. He's been much better then Nkimcupcake

If I wasn't a big fan of the team I wouldn't even know who he was.

He's done next to nothing that impacted any games.

He's what I call, 'around the pile' kind of guy. He's around the tackle, but never the tackler. Look around the pile...he's there.

He plays like a 6th round draft pick. Shoot, he doesn't even have a pure position...he's here...then there...not sure if it's him or the coaching staff can't make up their minds.
    Last edited by Cardinals; 11-29-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    Owner

Mark my words, Hassan Reddick is going to be as special .. hell be as impactful to the Cardinals as Bobby Wagner is to the Seahawks.

Measurements:
    Bobby Wagner is 27 years old and is 60 and weights 241 lbs

Hassan Reddick is 22 years old and is 61 and weights 237 lbs

Once Hassan Reddick understands how to play ILB, hes going to be an heck of a player..

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Given Keims track record, its most likely hes a disappointment.

But thats not fair to him yet. Im still 100% behind him. His future is definitely at ILB. Give him more time to succeed or fail.

I will say this (and I do every chance I get): I loathe projects. And taking a player who has spent his entire life and made his bones at position A.....only to draft him and move him to position B is a headache nobody asked for. If you needed an ILB...then draft an ILB.
    The League continually drafts College D-end's and turns them into 3-4 OLB'S.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.