Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Hassan reddick?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals View Post
    If I wasn't a big fan of the team I wouldn't even know who he was.

He's done next to nothing that impacted any games.

He's what I call, 'around the pile' kind of guy. He's around the tackle, but never the tackler. Look around the pile...he's there.

He plays like a 6th round draft pick. Shoot, he doesn't even have a pure position...he's here...then there...not sure if it's him or the coaching staff can't make up their minds.
    I am kind of on this line of thinking too. How do you pass up Watson for a ILB/OLB that may or may not be an impact on every play. Reddick just doesnt seem like a standout type of player. Now Baker, that is what I like to see, always at the ball ready to make a play.

By the way not sure if you guys have been watching but Nkemdechi has actually been making a play or two every game lately. He may actually be getting it a little bit. Every now and again I am like who the heck is that almost making a play holy crap its Nkem. I am actually pulling for him to prove people wrong.
    CP3 in AZ baby!!!

Go back and watch the Lions game and tell me Haason Reddick doesn't make plays. He wasn't drafted to play OLB so it seems pretty unfair to judge him on that basis.

Quote Originally Posted by lacardsfan View Post
    I am kind of on this line of thinking too. How do you pass up Watson for a ILB/OLB that may or may not be an impact on every play. Reddick just doesnt seem like a standout type of player. Now Baker, that is what I like to see, always at the ball ready to make a play.

By the way not sure if you guys have been watching but Nkemdechi has actually been making a play or two every game lately. He may actually be getting it a little bit. Every now and again I am like who the heck is that almost making a play holy crap its Nkem. I am actually pulling for him to prove people wrong.
    Pass on Watson?

He was off the board when we picked.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals2005 View Post
    Mark my words, Hassan Reddick is going to be as special .. hell be as impactful to the Cardinals as Bobby Wagner is to the Seahawks.

Measurements:
    Bobby Wagner is 27 years old and is 60 and weights 241 lbs

Hassan Reddick is 22 years old and is 61 and weights 237 lbs

Once Hassan Reddick understands how to play ILB, hes going to be an heck of a player..
    Yes, but how long till he understands ILB? He's a good guy with a strong work ethic and excellent athleticism. However, that doesn't mean he has the most important attribute necessary to be great at ILB: instinct. It can't be taught. He better have it or he won't be good.

No way is he gonna be Wagner. Wagner was elite almost day 1 in Seattle. Reddick is years behind him. I could see Reddick being the next Dansby, but not Wagner (very few are gonna be up to that caliber).
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Yes, but how long till he understands ILB? He's a good guy with a strong work ethic and excellent athleticism. However, that doesn't mean he has the most important attribute necessary to be great at ILB: instinct. It can't be taught. He better have it or he won't be good.

No way is he gonna be Wagner. Wagner was elite almost day 1 in Seattle. Reddick is years behind him. I could see Reddick being the next Dansby, but not Wagner (very few are gonna be up to that caliber).

Well, Dansby in his prime was no slouch.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    just think we could have moved up to take Mahomes. but Keim was doing cartwheels over Reddick.

I think in fairness he's shown enough this season to be hopeful. He has great speed and work ethic.

I'm still hopeful. He's been much better then Nkimcupcake
    Mahomes is zero for zero for zero yards and zero touchdowns and zero INTs with zero rushing yards in the NFL. Maybe he will contribute and be a stud in his second season, and maybe Reddick will too. Until Mahomes plays, Nkemdiche and Reddick have contributed more.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Pass on Watson?

He was off the board when we picked.
    He was taken one spot before the Cards pick.

The Cards did trade up next round for a safety.

Which shows perfectly where their thoughts lay. And they were 100% wrong not to trade up a tiny bit, like Chicago did, and get their QBoF.
    Logan Woodside is not a day three pick, he is the best QB in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Mahomes is zero for zero for zero yards and zero touchdowns and zero INTs with zero rushing yards in the NFL. Maybe he will contribute and be a stud in his second season, and maybe Reddick will too. Until Mahomes plays, Nkemdiche and Reddick have contributed more.
    As a fan, I would rather have Mahones contributing nothing on the bench. The prospect of having a QBOTF on the team with Mahones skill set is more exciting than the play of either Reddick or NM combined. Neither one of those two guys are producing as much as Frosty Rucker or Dansby. My point is those two guys are completely replaceable in our D. A QBOTF is at least something that gives me hope for the future. I guarantee the fans in KC are extremely excited to get this kid on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    He was taken one spot before the Cards pick.

The Cards did trade up next round for a safety.

Which shows perfectly where their thoughts lay. And they were 100% wrong not to trade up a tiny bit, like Chicago did, and get their QBoF.
    Who says they didn't try and saw the cost as prohibitive or were simply outbid by the Twxans?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Who says they didn't try and saw the cost as prohibitive or were simply outbid by the Twxans?
    If you want to suggest BA and Keim thought Watson was our QBOTF and were simply outbid then I'm going to suggest that they both should be fired the day the season ends.
    Last edited by Biggs; 11-30-2017 at 07:52 AM.