Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The cardinals will not draft a Qb in the first round

Default The cardinals will not draft a Qb in the first round

I just don't think the guy they will want or any of the guy's they wanted will drop to them. This team will be placing emphasis on the offense but it will be wr and oline that gets the most attention.

Nope too many needs to trade up for a Qb, am I wrong ?
    Last edited by Redbirdfan62; 12-03-2017 at 05:29 AM.

I forgot to add that there is also to many Qb needy teams ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    I just don't think the guy they will want or any of the guy's they wanted will drop to them. This team will being placing emphasis on the offense but it will be wr and oline that gets the most attention.

Right? Wrong? Don't know here, 62.

We all know the Cards QB draft history. Putrid. Sad. Occasionally okay. And except for SK actions since about 2013, that his QB draft history is irrelevant for the next draft.

The beauty of any NFL draft year is that any team can "go to the head of the line for a price." So, what's Cleveland's price and will SK pay to move up to the top of the draft or high enough to get his dream QB?

I agree that the Offense is needy. New playmakers are needed at scoring positions. The Oline always needs fixing too. I also agree there is a hefty premium to be paid to get that ideal QB in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    I just don't think the guy they will want or any of the guy's they wanted will drop to them. This team will be placing emphasis on the offense but it will be wr and oline that gets the most attention.

We won't take a WR in round 1 if BASK are at the helm, they have said multiple times that they don't value WR in the first round. Also there is nobody this year who jumps out as a high first round pick.

OL there is a good chance. Nelson and McGlinchy are the obvious two, interested to see how Orlando Brown tests in the combine.

Plenty of time between now and the draft but looking how it stands before todays games...

1) Cleveland - Maybe, maybe not. There has been improvements in Kizer, maybe they don't write him off just yet (if they did though, I'd take happily take him off their hands).
    2) 49'ers - Very unlikely after getting Jimmy G, prime trade spot.
    3) Giants - Maybe, if they liked Webb last year why wouldn't you like him this year?
    4) Denver - Think they will be in play for a FA like Smith/ Cousins/ Manning.
    5) Indy - Nope
    6) Chicago - Nope and another prime trade spot.
    7) Cleveland - See 1
    8) Jets - I think they will take a shot
    9) Miami - I think they will ride Tannehill one more year.
    10) Tampa - Nope
    11) 'Skins - If they don't resign Cousins then yes. Though I could see someone like Smith landing here.
    12) Chargers - Maybe if they want to start grooming the heir apparent for Rivers.
    13) Bengals - Maybe but I think they ride the Dalton train another year.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    Right? Wrong? Don't know here, 62.

We all know the Cards QB draft history. Putrid. Sad. Occasionally okay. And except for SK actions since about 2013, that his QB draft history is irrelevant for the next draft.

The beauty of any NFL draft year is that any team can "go to the head of the line for a price." So, what's Cleveland's price and will SK pay to move up to the top of the draft or high enough to get his dream QB?

I agree that the Offense is needy. New playmakers are needed at scoring positions. The Oline always needs fixing too. I also agree there is a hefty premium to be paid to get that ideal QB in 2018.
    I agree with you that this team has other more pressing needs like OL, WR and do not forget CB.

I hope that we stay away from drafting a QB in the first round who will probably end up joining the ranks of the other first round QB busts like Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, Heath Shuler, David Klingler and many others.

Hopefully Carson Palmer comes back for one more year and/or it is time for us to say "In Blaine We Trust"

Last edited by Zeke; 12-03-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    Zeke

I see us drafting a first round QB this year, and very possibly moving up to get a guy we want. In previous years we had our QB1, much like the examples of Rivers or Dalton above. Even when I look back at how badly I wanted Bridgewater or Carr, I realize they most likely would have sat behind Carson. Same with Mahomes or Watson last year. Fact is we had Palmer under contract until 2018.

I donít think any of us see Carson playing in 2019. This is either his last year, or next year is. Either way, it means itís time for QBOF.

If we donít, due to a trade for a vet or being content with Gabbert for a try or w/e, Iíd think we go Oline.

lot of season yet...but yes we need a QB
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

It's gonna be like in 07 where they took a tackle because every and there mom told them they needed a tackle regardless of how good the tackle actually was. They're taking a QB in round 1
    Last edited by ~Main Event~; 12-03-2017 at 01:27 PM.

My view has changed desperately. I think they go all in to trade up for a Qb it would not surprise me if they shoot for the first or 2nd pick to land their guy. When the vets are gone and they have the cap space which is 2019 they will fill key positions from free agency and the few picks they will have from the move this year. I think they keep what they have and build around the new Qb.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    I agree with you that this team has other more pressing needs like OL, WR and do not forget CB.

I hope that we stay away from drafting a QB in the first round who will probably end up joining the ranks of the other first round QB busts like Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, Heath Shuler, David Klingler and many others.

Hopefully Carson Palmer comes back for one more year and/or it is time for us to say "In Blaine We Trust"

Enjoy posting up in the NFC West basement for years to come if that is the case, going back to the Max Hall/John Skelton carousel of garbage passers. Palmer is on his last legs and Gabbert is a lousy quarterback in every sense who should be doing nothing more beyond holding a clipboard on the sidelines. QB isn't just a need, it is THE need. Without a QB you're not winning a thing.
    Last edited by MSloan; 12-03-2017 at 10:03 PM.