Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The cardinals will not draft a Qb in the first round

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    Watched Kizer a couple times and the kid is actually very talented. The Browns are just the Browns. Which means they will pick another QB even though they probably donít need one.
    Ha ha, very true. It would be just like them.
    Logan Woodside is not a day three pick, he is the best QB in college.

This is an annual event on this forum. During the season we need a QB. Then the draft approaches. Then Steve Keim starts to insinuate they will not drat a QB in the first round. Then the forum drinks the Kool Aid and buys into this philosophy. The forum will belittle QB's who are projected to be drafted early. Then after the draft, the forum will lambast other teams for reaching on QB's and will ridicule them. Then the season starts and those QB's have success. The same people who criticized those QB's then lament not drafting a QB. Then all season they complain we don't have a QB. Then the draft approaches and the cycle repeats itself.

That's why the Cardinals fail. Steve Keim will think he can draft a great QB in a later round and that won't happen. I'm listening to Mike Jurecki yesterday and the local media has bought into this idiocy. If you want a great QB, you will have to take risks and trade up. Receivers, and offensive lineman can be acquired in the 2nd and 3rd round. It's hard to get a great QB beyond the first or early 2nd round. You don't have to start that QB. You can let him sit on the bench for a year and protect him until the offensive line can provide better pass protection.

The fans don't help because they support the team's decisions in a homer-like way. The reason teams like the Giants, Eagles, Steelers make changes and fear making bad decisions is there is so much pressure from the fanbase and local media. Basically, we let them off the hook too easily and so easily drink the Kool Aid.
    Last edited by cardinalsDO; 12-04-2017 at 01:41 PM.
    Go Cardinals!

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post
    This is an annual event on this forum. During the season we need a QB. Then the draft approaches. Then Steve Keim starts to insinuate they will not drat a QB in the first round. Then the forum drinks the Kool Aid and buys into this philosophy. The forum will belittle QB's who are projected to be drafted early. Then after the draft, the forum will lambast other teams for reaching on QB's and will ridicule them. Then the season starts and those QB's have success. The same people who criticized those QB's then lament not drafting a QB. Then all season they complain we don't have a QB. Then the draft approaches and the cycle repeats itself.

That's why the Cardinals fail. Steve Keim will think he can draft a great QB in a later round and that won't happen. I'm listening to Mike Jurecki yesterday and the local media has bought into this idiocy. If you want a great QB, you will have to take risks and trade up. Receivers, and offensive lineman can be acquired in the 2nd and 3rd round. It's hard to get a great QB beyond the first or early 2nd round. You don't have to start that QB. You can let him sit on the bench for a year and protect him until the offensive line can provide better pass protection.

The fans don't help because they support the team's decisions in a homer-like way. The reason teams like the Giants, Eagles, Steelers make changes and fear making bad decisions is there is so much pressure from the fanbase and local media. Basically, we let them off the hook too easily and are so easily drink the Kool Aid.
    Great post I totally agree. We have to demand more if we ever want to get more. The reason winning franchises keep winning is because they do have pressure and refuse to be mediocre and I am sick and tired of mediocrity. It has nothing to do with being entitled. My favorite is "next years QB crop will be much better".

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalsDO View Post

The fans don't help because they support the team's decisions in a homer-like way. The reason teams like the Giants, Eagles, Steelers make changes and fear making bad decisions is there is so much pressure from the fanbase and local media. Basically, we let them off the hook too easily and so easily drink the Kool Aid.
    Tom Brady has shown that it can happen. See, unicorns DO exist! Seriously, at some point results matter and I'm on board with tossing the project strategy. I've seen more projects come and go than the average number of plankton a whale devours during a swim. The final insult was Logan Thomas, a total waste of a pick. Skelton, Moxie Max, Lindley, dozens more over the decades in Arizona. So while it CAN happen here, past results strongly suggest it WON'T happen.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Card View Post
    Great post I totally agree. We have to demand more if we ever want to get more. The reason winning franchises keep winning is because they do have pressure and refuse to be mediocre and I am sick and tired of mediocrity. It has nothing to do with being entitled. My favorite is "next years QB crop will be much better".
    I'm telling you, you play that performance yesterday in a number of cities with a history of success and the local talk radio guys would need ear surgery after the calls they take today. In 2007 after the Cardinals beat the Steelers for fun I listened to some sports talk radio there and it was amazing how badly the sky was falling. Tomlin had to be fired THAT DAY, the OL is a disaster, on and on it went. Here we have a head guy and a GM who are on year two of delivering garbage and some think we're "fair weather" for saying enough. It's absurd. As the saying goes, "unreasonable people change the world. Reasonable people adapt to the world around them." Heck, we split from England because we had a bunch of unreasonable colonists who fought back while so many others said "naaaah, stay the course, those redcoats aren't so bad."

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Tom Brady has shown that it can happen. See, unicorns DO exist! Seriously, at some point results matter and I'm on board with tossing the project strategy. I've seen more projects come and go than the average number of plankton a whale devours during a swim. The final insult was Logan Thomas, a total waste of a pick. Skelton, Moxie Max, Lindley, dozens more over the decades in Arizona. So while it CAN happen here, past results strongly suggest it WON'T happen.

Keim needs to go for the QB this draft. If he doesn’t then let’s get a new GM. Favors to Bruce with picks like Logan Thomas I’m tired of.
    Last edited by Kaojin; 12-04-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Lots of fans here will point out you don't need to draft a QB early despite all the facts to the contrary.

Keim has an opportunity to make good this summer. He has failed to land a QB despite having a "bridge " QB here for 4 years now.

Jimmy G. looked real good on Sunday. another miss by Keim.

Is it going to be John Skelton 2.0 time here?
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

I think we had Palmer under contract and taking that into consideration the draft and FA strategy of project QBs, or taking a look at guys with potential, made sense. Now we are at the point where Palmer likely plays 0-1 more year and the context changes. Itís time to go after a QB in either FA or draft. Given the FA landscape and cost I prefer draft. Then again, I never thought Palmer would be available for a reasonable contract and a 6th rounder, so if Keim can pull off that kind of magic again Iíd be game. Short of that, find top QB scouts to scout the heck out of this group and go get your rookie.

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    Lots of fans here will point out you don't need to draft a QB early despite all the facts to the contrary.

Keim has an opportunity to make good this summer. He has failed to land a QB despite having a "bridge " QB here for 4 years now.

Jimmy G. looked real good on Sunday. another miss by Keim.

Is it going to be John Skelton 2.0 time here?
    I'd just like to point out that Jimmy G. was the 62nd pick.
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    I'd just like to point out that Jimmy G. was the 62nd pick.
    That's great. Lets start drafting QB's in the later rounds and see if we can pick up the next tom Brady.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.