Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Cardinals Vs. Los Angeles Rams Game Day Thread***

cardinals ***Cardinals Vs. Los Angeles Rams Game Day Thread***

Hi, Birdgang and Cardinals Nation! Another battle and rematch with an NFC West divisional opponent, as the 8-3 and first Los Angeles Rams come to Glendale, to play our 5-6 and third place Arizona Cardinals. Winner will break the tie and earn the one-game lead until the 2018 NFL season.

Since Blaine Gabbert, started at QB for the Cardinals by Head Coach Bruce Arians, and also in his third start today, TE Ricky Seals-Jones, WR Chad Williams, and S Budda Baker are joining the veterans with a bigger presence and increased production and playing time on the field. Seals-Jones already scored three touchdowns in his first two games, while Budda Baker is diversified with his tacking and defense in both special teams and the backfield, while Chad Williams should recieve more playing time gradually in each game after being activated into the 53-man roster.

Cardinals also signed defensive lineman Corey Peters to a three-year contact extension through 2020, and also signed T Vinson Painter, and safety Harlan Miller to the practice squad.

Senior Cardinals player and wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald should continue his streak with a reception in his 209th straight consecutive NFL game today.

Incumbent Adrian Peterson hopefully will be ready to start and play at running back by gametime. AP took a day off, then returned back to practice after suffering a neck injury. After releasing Andre Ellington, the Cardinals reloaded their running back corp, by committee, by activating D. J. Foster who played nearby at Arizona State, Bronson Hill, who came from the Viking's practice squad, both joining Kerwynn Williams and Eliijaa Penny, all behind in the depth chart behind AP.

Cardinals, especially Blaine Gabbert leading the offense must improve their ball control and time of possession so the defense can rest during the game action. Offense line must also play in unison and not only protect Gabbert as he comes out of the pocket, but also give AP and the running backs space and lanes so they can advance the ball far beyond the line of scrimmage. Cardinals offense must also capitalize today more on their third down and red zone opportunities.

Cardinals defense in turn must do the opposite,also in keep the opponent, in this case the Rams, from capitilizing in their third downs so they won't allow their offensive yardage, prevent them from entering the Cardinals red zone, reduce the L.A. Rams offensive ball control, and not spend too much time on the field, or the defensive unit will get weary and get tired on the field. in the London game, the Rams had 44 minuites of their offense on the field, while the Cardinals offense were on the field for only 16 minuites total playing time throughout the game.

Cardinals will certainly do not expect and also avoid, another repeat of a shutout, as they have suffered in their 33-0 shutout their last meeting played at Twickenham Stadium back on October 22. That was their first shutout since the Cardinals worst 58-0 shutout over the Seattle Seahawks played at CenturyLink Field back on December 9, 2012.

The Rams 33-0 win in London gives them a 5-3 game lead over our Cardinals in head-to-head shutouts.
    Rams began shutting out the Cardinals in consecutive games and months on October and November 1939. 1945, 1979 - their last road game at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum before their return in the season finale last New Year's Day afternoon, and October 22.

Cardinals though, began winning their shutouts in both teams very first meeting in 1937, and later in 1941 and 1942, while both franchises in that era were the Chicago Cardinals and the Cleveland Rams.

Arizona Cardinals will also immortalize former Cardinals and NFL QB Jim Hart into the Ring Of Honor at halftime. Mr. Hart was with the St. Louis Football Cardinals in 17 of his 18 years while he was an active player in the NFL between 1966 through 1982, playing his last full season with the Washington Redskins in 1983 before his retirement.

Jim Hart was part of the St. Louis Football Cardinals teams that won three straight 10 plus win seasons between 1974 through 1976, including their 12-2 record during their 1975 season when the regular season was 14 games. The Cardinals 1974 and 1975 teams in his leadership also won the NFC Eastern division title. The late Don Coryell was the Head Coach for those St. Louis Football Cardinals teams and Hart's teammates in that era in the 1970's included, Dan Dierdorf, Conrad Dobler, 'Jetstream' Roy Green, Terry Metcalf, and Jackie Smith.

Hart's name will be permanently enshrined in the facade of the University Of Stadium between the upper deck and lower bowl during a halftime ceremony. Cardinals Team President Michael Bidwill will preside and emccee the halftime ceremony. Hart's family, relatives, close friends, and his former St. Louis Cardinals teammates are expected to be present during the halftime ceremony at the 50-yard line.

Hart will also be the third former Cardinal player enshrined to the team's Ring Of Honor, since the University Of Phoenix Stadium opened in 2006, joining Adrian Wilson and Hall-Of-Famer Kurt Warner. Both Warner and Wilson were on the Cardinals team that played in Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa back on February 2009. Hart though did not receive enough votes to also be enshrined to the Pro Football Hall of fame in Canton, Ohio.

For the fifth time this season, Chris Myers and former Dallas Cowboys fullback Daryl Johnson are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Laura Okmin, are today's NFL On FOX broadcasting team, and together involving a game with our Arizona Cardinals for the fifth time this season, all having worked previously during the road games at the Lions, Colts, Eagles, and 49ers.

Cardinals Vs. Rams NFL On FOX's late doubleheader game will be seen regionally in Alaska, Idaho, Western Montana, Oregon, Washington, Southern California, and all of Arizona, including KSAZ My Fox Phoenix Channel 10, all stations televised live on HD.

Dave Pasch and former Cardinals and NFL fullback Ron Wolfley, are also announcing the live radio game play-by-play and analysis, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Paul Calvisi, simulcast on flagship station KMVP Arizona Sports 98.7FM, and The Arizona Cardinals Radio Network.

Visiting Rams are wearing their blue and white helmets with their Nike white jerseys, and navy blue pants, while the host Cardinals are wearing their traditional white helmets, Nike red jerseys, and white pants on the playing field.

Head Linesman Ron Torbert, an attorney and Michigan State University-Lansing graduate, will lead his officiating crew assigned from the NFL offices in N.Y.C, that will supervise the game action on the playing field between the Cardinals and Rams.

Both the Cardinals and Rams players and all NFL teams, as in 2016, will lace up, and wear special custom-made shoes during their game action to support their various and individual charities during the NFL's 'My Cause, My Cleats' inititative and campaign throughout the first weekend of December during Week 13.

As Mad Jack's banner is hung in the rafters in the north end zone for today's game in the University Of Phoenix Stadium, "G'off My Lawn!"

Go Big Red Rage, Protect Your Nest, No Risk It, No Biscuit, Feed The Beast (To AP), Next Man Up, We All Do This Together, In Your 121st Consecutive Sellout At The University Of Phoenix Stadium In Front Of Your Fans, And LET'S GO CARDINALS!!!!!

Cardinals Vs. L.A. Rams Pre Game Note Cards (Adobe PDF) And Team Injury Reports, Darren Urban's Blog, and Fan Gameday Links:

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-...5-d52c339fc5a0

http://www.azcardinals.com/gameday/injury-report.html

http://www.therams.com/team/injury-report.html

http://blog.azcardinals.com/author/darrenurban

http://www.azcardinals.com/stadium/gameday.html

Cardinals Vs. L.A. Rams Live NFL Game Centers: And NFL On FOX Late Doubleheader TV Distribution Map In Green:

http://www.azcardinals.com/gameday/game/2017/regular13

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201712...fo&tab=preview

http://www.506sports.com/

NFL's 'My Cause, My Cleats,' Campaign Link, and Jim Hart's Wikipedia Biography/Profile, and Cardinals Ring Of Honor Inductees:

http://www.nfl.com/mycausemycleats

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Har...ican_football)

http://www.azcardinals.com/history/ring-of-honor.html
    Last edited by Westgate; 12-03-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Thanks again Westgate!!!!!!!!

lets go get a little revenge for that London catastrophe...and hope they don`t break another one of our players
    Last edited by RimrockCard; 12-03-2017 at 01:02 PM.
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Such a great job every week Westgate. I donít always say thanks but Iím always thankful.

Go Cards and go every team currently ahead of us in draft order ;)

I do need to thank Blaine for 1 thing!
    If Drew was starting this game i highly doubt i`d even watch...........So Thanks for that "Bring the Pain Blaine"..

RB Adrian Peterson not playing today. After 3 DNPs this week, not a shock.

https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/sta...10673335615488
    Last edited by RimrockCard; 12-03-2017 at 01:44 PM.

I'm heading to my favorit waterhole in a few minutes and then logging onto the Board at 420pm.

Go Cards. De-horn the Rams today! It's our turn to embarrass the media.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    I'm heading to my favorit waterhole in a few minutes and then logging onto the Board at 420pm.

Are there many Card fans at your local pub`s?

Lets get some payback .. Go Cards !!!

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    Are there many Card fans at your local pub`s?
    Saw a Phoenix-based couple here 2 months ago. I always wear Cards colors to attract like minded folks. True Diehard Cards fans hard to find in the DC area when the team is below average. The bar is 3 floors and holds over 1000 folks.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post

PT ,

You are buying right? I'm in the dog house with the MRS. I was grilling a steak in the oven
    and caught the oven on fire. This F-10 kept on blinkng and beeping. Now, on the blink. So, watering hole money is gone
    for the month LOL. I hope the Cardinals can take the heat better than my oven.

The steak by the way Cattle rancher (thick) ribeye was perfect. LOL That was a good n bad thing.
    Seeing me enjoying the steak with a burned up oven in the background was not a pretty sight to the wife.

Go Cardinals and don't burn up the nest!