Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another 30 Point Plus Loss and Special Teams Debacle/link

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    It would be nice to have you join him so you could educate him on how to be a HC...........cause you Are the Best Most Informed Armchair HC Ever. Everyone knows this.

JosEPh
    Exactly everyone knows if the players execute coaching doesn't matter.

Why are you upset? Makes no sense. You knew we could not win this game. So why the fuss, need a ?

JosEPh
    HERE IS THE OTHER!

Quote Originally Posted by FLCardinalFan View Post
    Rimrock should I make another dream prediction 56 FG 3secs to go

Last week's was awesome Thanks to Mr. Dawson

We will win Rimrock I will say that right now!

As much as you talk about his lake house I thought you had been there already! I bet you even know the color of the bathroom towels too.

JosEPh
    You didn't watch the movie? I don't want to drop by, don't like humidity and mosquitoes. And I temper my alcohol intake.

BA called the right plays we just didnt execute them right.

BA is responsible for maintaining this hot mess of a coaching staff so they can all go now.

Quote Originally Posted by FLCardinalFan View Post
    What will it take

32 points this time DC You should leave!

Glaring at me on the stat sheets

A DISGRACE! Special Teams

Rams Punt return yards: 3 returns 60 yards lg 30 yards

Rams Kickoff returns: 4 returns 49 yards

Cardinals ]Punt returns 2 returns 12yds
    K.O. returns 2 for 33 yds

Block FG

BLOCKED XP

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201712...alyze=boxscore
    Minor point. The D gave up 25 points. I agree with your point but would like to throw in a different way of viewing things.

The Cards offence scored the same number of TDs as the Rams offence did. The rest were scored on an INT and FGs.
    And some credit can be given to the D, holding opponents and making them settle for FGs.

(I'm trying to be positive).
    Logan Woodside is not a day three pick, he is the best QB in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    Minor point. The D gave up 25 points. I agree with your point but would like to throw in a different way of viewing things.

The Cards offence scored the same number of TDs as the Rams offence did. The rest were scored on an INT and FGs.
    And some credit can be given to the D, holding opponents and making them settle for FGs.

(I'm trying to be positive).
    Interestingly the net yardage by both teams were very similar. The Rams averaged 14 yards more per punt, had about 136 more yards on punt returns and net 20 yards more on sacks. All things being equal, they picked up 200 yards in production having little to do with offensive efficiency by either team. We were blown out on special teams and it resulted in a blowout on the scoreboard.

We had more offensive yardage, more first downs, better third down efficiency. Granted we were trailing which usually allows teams to go into bend don't break mode. It's hard to look at the hidden yardage in this game, roughly 200 plus, and not blame special teams for the lopsided nature of this game. That's throwing out the blocked points.

The D wasn't terrible, considering the Rams are a very good Offensive team. The problem with our D against the Rams is they did a great job of exploring Betcher's blitzes with screen passes. They turned both Reddick and Jones aggression
    into a liability on enough plays that it overcame downfield drops by WR.

It was an interesting game because there were times it looked like Gabbert was a pro-quarterback who might step up. The guy actually looks like a starter until you realize how little touch he has and how inaccurate he is on critical drives.

I have to give some Kudos to the Rams OC. They had a plan to exploit our D even when their down field passing attack wasn't working. All the speed on our D can't make up for the lack of containment off the edge. How Betcher can look at the Rams screen game on tape and have no answer is beyond me.
    Last edited by Biggs; 12-04-2017 at 05:48 AM.

bingo, and I don't know how many of Bechters Defenses have been beat like that but its been a lot. He blitzes a lot but they are rarely effective anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Interestingly the net yardage by both teams were very similar. The Rams averaged 14 yards more per punt, had about 136 more yards on punt returns and net 20 yards more on sacks. All things being equal, they picked up 200 yards in production having little to do with offensive efficiency by either team. We were blown out on special teams and it resulted in a blowout on the scoreboard.

We had more offensive yardage, more first downs, better third down efficiency. Granted we were trailing which usually allows teams to go into bend don't break mode. It's hard to look at the hidden yardage in this game, roughly 200 plus, and not blame special teams for the lopsided nature of this game. That's throwing out the blocked points.

The D wasn't terrible, considering the Rams are a very good Offensive team. The problem with our D against the Rams is they did a great job of exploring Betcher's blitzes with screen passes. They turned both Reddick and Jones aggression
    into a liability on enough plays that it overcame downfield drops by WR.

It was an interesting game because there were times it looked like Gabbert was a pro-quarterback who might step up. The guy actually looks like a starter until you realize how little touch he has and how inaccurate he is on critical drives.

I have to give some Kudos to the Rams OC. They had a plan to exploit our D even when their down field passing attack wasn't working. All the speed on our D can't make up for the lack of containment off the edge. How Betcher can look at the Rams screen game on tape and have no answer is beyond me.
    You've illustrated the point that is completely lost on The Whisperer. The kicking game is 1/3 of the whole.

On the plus side, even the cupcake Phoenix media is piling on, a few years late but still. Bickley openly mocked Arians "we coached 'em up best we could" comment about the blocked FG/XP debacle, and I caught a few minutes of the Channel 12 wrap up and one of their guys was borderline laughing while talking about "fire Amos Jones" trending on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Card View Post
    BA called the right plays we just didnt execute them right.
    That's what Keim will say on the radio this morning.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.