Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fire amos jones now!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    Contract expires at the end of the year, guessing they'll just move on from him after the season and that'll be that.
    Depends what's discussed and agreed to on the boat this summer. Might very well be an extension. After all they are "very very well coached".
    Last edited by AriS.; 12-07-2017 at 05:34 PM.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Having ten important starters hurt? Yeah I guess you could say "unacceptable."

Most rational people would use other words. But why should we expect any rational thought on this board?
    the Rational thought has got to be that by the time they beat the Jags They had enough replacement players in to finely Beat a quality team
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    the Rational thought has got to be that by the time they beat the Jags They had enough replacement players in to finely Beat a quality team
    No question it was a nice win... followed up by a total stinker complete with the usual kicking game disaster. So much debate about injuries, does Larry come back, oh my what to do about the feckless Honey Badger, what did Keim say on the radio show... and none of it matters as long as the Cardinals hand over 1/3 of the game before kickoff.

Doug and Wolf had a discussion about ST this AM. Doug pointed out that at no time in his tenure has he noticed where Amos made a ST adjustment to account for another team's ST weakness or made changes due to a Card's weakness or strength. Wolf essentially blamed the players for not executing. I tend to agree with Doug; otherwise the Card's ST would not be ranked in the cellar year after year like it has been under Amos. I cannot believe others are not noticing or seeing these issues. Results do matter. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Maybe the problem is the way the ST players are being used. Having two blocked kicks in a single game is totally unacceptable. I also cannot believe that those who know a whole lot more about football than I don't see this is a systemic coaching issue. Loyalty can only go so far; no matter how loyal one is, if the individual is not doing the job, they must be replaced. BA and SK need to recognize that ST have performed poorly under Amos's tenure and has consistently been ranked at the bottom of the NFL; even when the team was winning. Time for Amos to move on!
    Last edited by LongTimeFan; 12-08-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeFan View Post
    Doug and Wolf had a discussion about ST this AM. Doug pointed out that at no time in his tenure has he noticed where Amos made a ST adjustment to account for another team's ST weakness or made changes due to a Card's weakness or strength. Wolf essentially blamed the players for not executing. I tend to agree with Doug; otherwise the Card's ST would not be ranked in the cellar year after year like it has been under Amos. I cannot believe others are not noticing or seeing these issues. Results do matter. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Maybe the problem is the way the ST players are being used. Having two blocked kicks in a single game is totally unacceptable. I also cannot believe that those who know a whole lot more about football than I don't see this is a systemic coaching issue. Loyalty can only go so far; no matter how loyal one is, if the individual is not doing the job, they must be replaced. BA and SK need to recognize that ST have performed poorly under Amos's tenure and has consistently been ranked at the bottom of the NFL; even when the team was winning. Time for Amos to move on!
    And Wolf basically played the company man and defended Amos

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    And Wolf basically played the company man and defended Amos

The Cowboys have had some great Special teams coaches

Joe Avezzano was a great example R.I.P.