Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fire amos jones now!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    We lost. You're happy, right!
    I'm thrilled we lost.
    I was gonna post a pic, but honey badger don't give a dang.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Eickhorn View Post
    I heard BA say that too and shift the blame onto the players. Its really disturbing to have a coach who won't accept accountability for his actions or his coaches actions. Its a sign of deep organizational rot. Bidwill needs to purge this destructive oligarchy.

In typical Wolf form, he defended the coaches.

At least Doug has the guts to say(and I'm paraphrasing), "yes, it comes down to execution, but if you continually put a guy into position knowing that he can't execute, IT'S ON YOU AS THE COACH!"

Fact is, Drew Butler was on this team for too long after his poor performance. I remember myself and people here saying back in the first Carolina playoff loss(where we had to start Lindley) saying they were fed up with Butlers inconsistent play and wanted him off the team. He stayed on, I think another 2 years?

The length of Drew Butler's tenure with AZ has to fall on someone in the coaching staff

It's some version of one of the following
    1. Amos Jones and Bruce Arians can't evaluate talent on the special teams side of the ball

2. Amos Jones went to bat for Drew Butler, and Bruce Arians being a loyal guy, trusted his coaches opinion(apparently drew Butler was an all star at practice)

3. Keim told Arians that finding a more consistent punter is not a top priority and to work with what we have

We have had FG kicking problems going on 3 years now. Not just a kicker missing kicks on a regular basis, but blocked FGs where the opposing team OBVIOUSLY has some kind of "IN" on our technique, or processing and can capitalize on it on multiple special team plays.

Arians said he doesn't fire coaches mid season right?. Why aren't players awarded that luxury? Why isn't Andre Ellington on this team?(Not that I wanted him here at the beginning of the season) but surely if you're going to grant that luxury to your "buddy" coaches, why not your players who've been with you for as long as Ellington has been?
    Last edited by KerryRhodes26; 12-04-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryRhodes26 View Post

At least Doug has the guts to say(and I'm paraphrasing), "yes, it comes down to execution, but if you continually put a guy into position knowing that he can't execute, IT'S ON YOU AS THE COACH!"

Fact is, Drew Butler was on this team for too long after his poor performance. I remember myself and people here saying back in the first Carolina playoff loss(where we had to start Lindley) saying they were fed up with Butlers inconsistent play and wanted him off the team. He stayed on, I think another 2 years?

The length of Drew Butler's tenure with AZ has to fall on someone in the coaching staff

It's some version of one of the following
    1. Amos Jones and Bruce Arians can't evaluate talent on the special teams side of the ball

2. Amos Jones went to bat for Drew Butler, and Bruce Arians being a loyal guy, trusted his coaches opinion(apparently drew Butler was an all star at practice)

3. Keim told Arians that finding a more consistent punter is not a top priority and to work with what we have

We have had FG kicking problems going on 3 years now. Not just a kicker missing kicks on a regular basis, but blocked FGs where the opposing team OBVIOUSLY has some kind of "IN" on our technique, or processing and can capitalize on it on multiple special team plays.

Arians said he doesn't fire coaches mid season right?. Why aren't players awarded that luxury? Why isn't Andre Ellington on this team?(Not that I wanted him here at the beginning of the season) but surely if you're going to grant that luxury to your "buddy" coaches, why not your players who've been with you for as long as Ellington has been?

Thatís a pretty telling coment coming from Wolf. If he is throwing subtle daggers, which he basically never does, it shows just how bad the situation is.

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    Yup. You're right.

Keim has no say over Arians' coaching staff. Zero. He cannot let Jones go unless he fires Arians, in which case everyone goes.

Firing Jones is exclusively under the control, per binding contract, of Bruce Arians.

For someone who professes to know so much about the NFL, I'm surprised you didn't know that most Head Coaches have control over their staff and the 46-man week-to-week roster.

Steve Keim controls the 90/53 man roster.
    I've finally figured it out! Thanks WV!. What BA is saying is that "it ain't my fault we suck" because I just coach, along with my other coaches. SK is responsible for getting me players and because these ST players suck, it is SK's fault that our ST unit is ranked dead last in the league. If Amos had better players, our ST would be better. Never mind this has been happening for several years with no adjustments or corrections from the coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeFan View Post
    I've finally figured it out! Thanks WV!. What BA is saying is that "it ain't my fault we suck" because I just coach, along with my other coaches. SK is responsible for getting me players and because these ST players suck, it is SK's fault that our ST unit is ranked dead last in the league. If Amos had better players, our ST would be better. Never mind this has been happening for several years with no adjustments or corrections from the coaching staff.
    I think most likely, the way Tomlin threw him under the bus scarred him. And a man who had always been loyal, and then was completely given the shaft by a back-stabbing, lying HC, decided right there that he would never do that to one of his coaches.

The criticism against Amos Jones is fair, IMO. Doesn't take much to see how badly the ST unit has cost Arizona. The game Sunday turned on a series where a 3-and-out by each team flipped field position by 65 yards! in the Rams favor because of shoddy ST play by the Cardinals.

I just don't think, good or bad, that it is in Arians' DNA to fire one of his coaches.

I DO think that private discussions will take place in the offseason, and it would not surprise me if Jones is not on the staff in 2018. And it will be spun as something other than a "firing."

Quote Originally Posted by WVcardsFan View Post
    I think most likely, the way Tomlin threw him under the bus scarred him. And a man who had always been loyal, and then was completely given the shaft by a back-stabbing, lying HC, decided right there that he would never do that to one of his coaches.

The criticism against Amos Jones is fair, IMO. Doesn't take much to see how badly the ST unit has cost Arizona. The game Sunday turned on a series where a 3-and-out by each team flipped field position by 65 yards! in the Rams favor because of shoddy ST play by the Cardinals.

I just don't think, good or bad, that it is in Arians' DNA to fire one of his coaches.

I DO think that private discussions will take place in the offseason, and it would not surprise me if Jones is not on the staff in 2018. And it will be spun as something other than a "firing."
    You could be right! However, BA needs to remember this is a "cold-hearted" business where if you don't perform, you don't stay around very long. Amos has overstayed his welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaojin View Post
    That’s a pretty telling coment coming from Wolf. If he is throwing subtle daggers, which he basically never does, it shows just how bad the situation is.
    The public conversations are not too supportive of BA now. He's certainly earned all criticism for some poor play calls through the first 12 games. The next 4 games probably won't change that tone either. That dull sound only adds to the speculation that BA will call it a career soon after year 2018 begins. Heck, the BA finale could happen sooner too, like at the NYG FO this week. When the Owner says it's time to move on, then move out.

So, put me down for a fat D grade for beloved HC and former CofTY. I think BA could have done much better with the players and play-calling the past three months. He just didn't get the job for many reasons. His cotery of supporting coaches also leaves much, much to be desired. Heck, I'm not sure half the assistants can even find their way to UofP without the HC's help. The whole bunch are good fellas, I'm sure, but also sub-par NFL coaches as we know now. Some are the worst mentoring talent in the League.

I don't hold BA responsible for the severe rash of injuries and IR mess. Johnson's IR really hurt coming out of the gate. Then Palmer got thumped in game 7. Key player injury is a problem for 75% or more of teams now. But, losing over half of the season's games two years in a row is a bigger problem and that must be fixed.

[QUOTE=KerryRhodes26;1189807] In typical Wolf form, he defended the coaches.

Others have made similar remarks in the past, so this is not meant to be critical.

It apparently is not well known that Wolfley is on the Cards' payroll as a radio play by play analyst.
    It is logical to assume he will not go out of his way to bite the hand that feeds him, even if he might
    have personal opinions he does not feel free to express.

For those who must have proof to accept anything as being correct:
    http://www.azcardinals.com/team/staff.html
    (scroll down to Broadcasting)
    Last edited by Knobby; 12-05-2017 at 08:08 PM.

[QUOTE=Knobby;1189940]

Others have made similar remarks in the past, so this is not meant to be critical.

It apparently is not well known that Wolfley is on the Cards' payroll as a radio play by play analyst.
    It is logical to assume he will not go out of his way to bite the hand that feeds him, even if he might

I know that. Still pointing it out.

[QUOTE=Knobby;1189940]

And at the very top of the chart is William V. Bidwill. How do you know he isn't still calling the shots?
    Bidwill.jpg