Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday morning quarterback

Default Monday morning quarterback

Was anyone really surprised we couldn't beat the Rams today? We are the NFL definition of mediocre. The Rams have surpassed us and the way they are built it's going to go on for years unless we can wave our magic wand and fill many holes. They are young and talented, we are old and mediocre.

One blocked PAT. One blocked Field goal. No real punt return. No Kickoff return. Weak coverage on punts. The fact that Amos still has a job is a reflection of an organization that really does not want to win.

Blaine Gabbert. 18-32, 221*YDS, 1*TD, 2*INT. Not great stuff by any stretch. He still has happy feet in the pocket. Lacks poise. And why all the throws off his back foot? He looks like a taller version of Max Hall. He has flashes where you feel like he could be "the guy". But overall now after three games I would say it's not promising.

Larry Fitzgerald is the greatest. Still producing at an incredible level.

Good for Kerwyn Williams today. The little guy has a lot of moxy.

I think we might have something in Ricky Seals as a tight end. He looks the part. He's someone we can be excited about for next season, especially considering the inept TE's we have. (Troy niklas LOL).

John Brown is gone next season. Jaron Brown will likely come back as a 4th WR. JJ Nelson has a slim chance. Chad Williams looked very lost on a catchable ball. he's shown NOTHING, while the Rams third round WR looks like a stud.

Still nothing from Robert Nkimcupcake. He's just spending his millions and may very well find himself cut next season . I sure hope so.

Kareem Martin with a big interception. Has anybody noticed if he's done anything else this season? He was "the most improved player in training camp" per Steve Keim. Yep you nailed it Steve. Just like Brandon Williams was lighting up training camp two years ago.

Josh Bynes has been a pleasant surprise.

Hassan Reddick has not shown us much lately. I thought Budda Baker was solid but not spectacular today. He did get beat a couple of times but it's hard to tell if it was him or the CB that lost coverage.

Phil Dawson and andy Lee can both come back next season. Phil has officially redeemed himself. Perhaps IF they fire Amos that pressure can be lifted from Phil.

At times today our defense resembled swiss cheese. It looked like you could drive a truck through most of the defense. Very disappointing.

Chandler Jones is a stud and one of the lone bright spots on our team. consistently great all year. What a steal of a trade from the Pats. You simply do not give away healthy stud pass rushers.

Even if we lost out we probably wont be able to draft one of the top 3 QB's coming out. Too many teams ahead of us who are really bad need a QB. So a trade wont work. Keim has a tough job this summer.

I watched the San Fran /Bears game today. Jimmy G looked very good. He's had one month with this team. He looked poised in the pocket. He went through his progressions very well. And he delivered with a team that is devoid of talent. Even his one INT was a great throw that the defender wrestled out of the WR's hands as he went down. This guy is the REAL DEAL. JImmy G, Goff and RW are all in our division now.

I wonder tomorrow morning on the radio if steve Keim will be talking about a "lack of technique" that needs to be cleaned up. How about cleaning out Amos's locker?
    Last edited by AriS.; 12-03-2017 at 07:31 PM.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

How about a cleaning out of all the coaches lockers. Along with the head coaches office. I just don't see BA leading this team to the promised land.

Then a lot of players need serious evaluation. Some should not be brought back. SK started by getting rid of AE. Now he needs to follow up by letting other players go. Smoke being just one of those players. Maybe JJ also. Not giving up on Jaron yet. This is his first year back from a serious injury, but right now he is no more than a 4th receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    Phil has officially redeemed himself

Guy has missed 7 field goals with 4 games still to play. Catanzaro missed 7 all of last year. If your kicker misses 7 FGs in any length of time, its over. There is no redemption. Gone.
    Last edited by Zaz; 12-03-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Guy has missed 7 field goals with 4 games still to play. Catanzaro missed 7 all of last year. If your kicker misses 7 FGs in any length of time, its over. There is no redemption. Gone.
    Cat was all over the place you never knew when he would miss.

I think Phil has gotten over the hump of trying to save Amos. He's been very consistent and I would bring him at least to training camp.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

You can't tell for sure but his blocked kicks look good as does his rythym. I don't think he is so much the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CardsJake View Post
    You can't tell for sure but his blocked kicks look good as does his rythym. I don't think he is so much the problem.
    I agree I don't fault Dawson for the blocks. I fault the blockers and/or the excellent coaching they receive.

Dawson is fine. He has to deal with the horrible special teams and try to adapt around it.

Feel bad for Dawson and especially Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaojin View Post
    Dawson is fine. He has to deal with the horrible special teams and try to adapt around it.

Feel bad for Dawson and especially Lee.
    Yeah I just can't believe it's a coincidence when guys who have a history of performance start to stink up the joint. I've had a few instances in my professional career where I hear about someone I respect getting fired, forced out, etc. of a job. Hmmmm, I think. I used to work with him and he was always a solid guy. Then I run into them and they're somewhere else, doing fine, landed on their feet. And they tell me what a hellhole they were in, tried like hell to make it work, but the environment was just too toxic. That's my OPINION of what's been happening with the Cardinals kicking game. I have no insider knowledge, just my own life experiences and interpretations of what I'm watching on Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Yeah I just can't believe it's a coincidence when guys who have a history of performance start to stink up the joint. I've had a few instances in my professional career where I hear about someone I respect getting fired, forced out, etc. of a job. Hmmmm, I think. I used to work with him and he was always a solid guy. Then I run into them and they're somewhere else, doing fine, landed on their feet. And they tell me what a hellhole they were in, tried like hell to make it work, but the environment was just too toxic. That's my OPINION of what's been happening with the Cardinals kicking game. I have no insider knowledge, just my own life experiences and interpretations of what I'm watching on Sundays.

If the shoe fits....

....and we’ve put the ‘special’ in special teams for years now.

Default Bottom line

The bottom line for me in this game is that we just don't match up well with the Rams on either side of the ball or on special teams. It's no one guys fault and I don't think we would win even if we had all our starters available. A weakness the Rams have is rush defense, I have seen that with other teams playing the Rams. It's a relative weakness and maybe not a critical weakness. I see the Rams taking the division and maybe the conference too, especially after the Seahawks exposed the Eagles. We have to retool because the Rams will be a problem for future years too.