Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mike Vrabel or Matt Patricia or BA?

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Oh I'm so sorry, I probably need to get back to adding a disclaimer to every one of my posts that it is simply my opinion. Always have to appease the attorneys, right? Anyway, I am essentially stepping into the shoes of Bidwill and Keim and saying how (IN MY OPINION) they should handle The Whisperer's inability to come to grips with the incompetence of his special teams coach. To the best of my knowledge none of us posting here know Bidwill or Keim personally so some of us may SPECULATE from time to time on what they may be thinking are hopefully thinking.

Does that help at all?
    Much better.

Pretty silly you have to do that but some people ...........

Quote Originally Posted by Kaojin View Post
    Looks like it’s the annual “The System Works” defenders party.

Looking forward to the dual-headed hall of fame QB monster of Max Hall and John Skelton starting for the next decade.
    Or the "this team has a ton of talent and does well in offensive and defensive statistical categories the only reason it loses a lot of games is special teams" defenders party.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Or the "this team has a ton of talent and does well in offensive and defensive statistical categories the only reason it loses a lot of games is special teams" defenders party.
    Well the offense and defense has moxie and moxie wins Super Bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaojin View Post
    Well the offense and defense has moxie and moxie wins Super Bowls.
    You have found the answer! Our ST has no moxie, ergo, we cannot win games. I love the thought process. I salute your brilliance. You should wrap up this excuse for BA and send it to him. I'm sure he is looking for it!
    Last edited by LongTimeFan; 12-04-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamArtist View Post
    I would be highly cautious of hiring a guy for HC who has made his name off being a DC for Belichick. I know a lot of Pats fan who think BB is the real puller of the strings there are on defense and don't think Patricia is anything special.

This is mute though BA is coming back. The only way I see him not returning is if Keim and Bidwill force staff changes on him that he doesn't want to make. After Keim's comments this morning Amos is definitely gone (finally) but would they force him to make a move at DC? Our D has way too many lapses, seems constantly confused before the snap and we give up more wide open passes to receivers than I can ever remember.

I would be cautious of hiring anyone who has made their bones under Belichick. There are some coaches who have tremendous coaching trees. Belichick's tree is poisoned. Eric Mangini, Charlie Weis, Romeo Crennel....etc. Bill O'Brien has been decent in Houston but he's also been pretty up and down. Nick Saban is the greatest success but its all been in college, he was a disaster in the NFL.

Unlike Bill Walsh and Bill Parcells who had very strictly defined systems and schemes that they passed down to their assistants, Bill Belichick pretty much is the system. He changes things up often and so much is entirely dependent on him that many of these guys completely flop once they get detached from his teat.

Also as far as Vrabel goes, beware hiring the one year hyped coordinator. Look at the Broncos and how many issues they've had with Vance Joseph and according to the local media there, seemingly some real buyers remorse.
    Last edited by MSloan; 12-04-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    Lots of season left. We still haven’t looked our worst yet.
    BA is saving his curtain call for New Years Eve in the chilly and damp NW. I plan to miss that game, TV or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    I don't like my HC wild. Patricia scares me.

I really like Vrabel. Cerebral. Poised. Intensely focussed. Reminds me of Tomlin.

I'm fully on board with hiring a defensive minded HC though.
    Despite all the new faces over the years Patricia has improved that D no matter how bad it looked at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    Despite all the new faces over the years Patricia has improved that D no matter how bad it looked at times.
    Yes sir. While we wallow in our misery, the Patriots are very quietly going about the business of another Super Bowl run. My pity party is in full swing, it's my party and I will cry if I want to!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The Rams ST coach, just so we don't suck as badly on ST.
    nice lol

I would take either one of Patricia or Vrabel. They are the top 2 best up and coming young coaches ready to go on a run. Unfortunately, the Cards go with BA again and miss out; the two young perfect coaches go to another team or team that will likely one up the Cards for years to come and frustratingly. My candidates are all former players that aren't candidates at this time but might be in a couple years. Warner, Rivers, and Ray Lewis are the type of character we need in a young coach.
    GA Bulldogs Cards Fan