Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open letter to Mike B and Lisa Manning re:Season Tickets

Default Open letter to Mike B and Lisa Manning re:Season Tickets

As a season ticket holder I'm trying to find the value in it.

Season Tickets $1,200 each and I have 2 - $2,400
    Vs
    Stay home or go to a pub and watch on tv $0

Advantage TV $2,400 savings

Beer at the game $9
    Vs
    Bar $4 or home $.75 per

Advantage bar and home

Driving too and from the game takes a lot of time
    Vs
    Staying home or the bar

Advantage home again

Preseason tickets we are forced to buy them at FULL price when they actually sell for $5-$10 on StubHub. It's an actual loss of $180 every season. Add to it...we pay full price but we don't get full product of 60 minutes of starters...nope it's glorified practice at a full game price with many guys who'll be cut come season starting.

You can see where I'm getting...
    Where is our VALUE as season ticket holders. Please don't say the all access points...or the discount card for the team shop...big whoop.

I'd love to come back, but having a funeral and sick the last two home games and watching it on tv I find myself questioning why I should spend so much money and so much time on a product that frankly isn't returning it's value.

I definitely do not see season ticket holders valued more than non season ticket holders...and they SHOULD BE!!!

I love the tailgating and knowing the people around my seats week after week ...but that alone does not justify spending $2400 plus food and drink plus most of my day vs staying home and saving a ton of money and time.

Please explain why season ticket holders are valued more than non season ticket holders that justifies the money we spend.

You were in the stadium Sunday...had you spent $ on tickets did you get your monies worth or like many feel it was a waste of hard earned cash.
    Last edited by Cardinals; 12-04-2017 at 11:08 AM.
    Owner

Value is subjective to how you quantify the value for your own needs.

I totally get what you're saying. I'm in year 26 or so and watched more bad football than I can shake a stick at but my enjoyment takes a slide when I watch garbage and I'm told I'm not watching garbage. The SDS days were different, simply because it was much, much cheaper to watch bad football back then. I renew my tickets out of rote behavior, but I gotta tell you when that email comes in March or whenever I'm going to think about where things are going. If Amos is still on the property I won't renew because that's simply over the top to expect me to buy a years long rotting carcass.

You also left out something that is probably out of the Cardinals' control: The TV timeout experience at the game, at least for the night games where the NFL doesn't have to shut it down in time for 60 Minutes, The Simpsons, whatever, on the east coast. This is probably a non-issue for now since the putrid Cardinals won't get any night games beyond the Thursday game, if it's on the road all the better.

Another factor to consider is the so-called "sellout streak", As my grandfather used to say, it's as phony as a three dollar bill. If the season ticket rolls drop materially I don't see how the thing continues. Or maybe that doesn't matter anymore, I seem to recall the NFL saying it was "flexible" on the blackout rule. My point is that we could get back to the days of local blackouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaojin View Post
    Value is subjective to how you quantify the value for your own needs.
    The old "marginal utility" question.

Sellout streak is bull.

Id be pretty pissed right now if I lived in Arizona and was a season-ticket holder.

Only advantage of going to the game is its hard to get 110 decibels of crowd noise at home. But $2,400 buys a pretty good amplifier for your home theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaojin View Post
    Sellout streak is bull.

Id be pretty pissed right now if I lived in Arizona and was a season-ticket holder.
    There's a ticket sales display in the area behind my section, staffed by ticket sales dudes in search of commissions. Back in the dregs of the Whisenhunt death march season of 2012, I stopped one time and asked how the sellout streak was still alive as I pointed to several upper deck sections that were maybe 5% occupied. They said it had to do with how the NFL defined "capacity", etc.., in other words lots and lots and lots of games that were not sellouts.

As a 12 year season ticket holder who now lives in San Diego, I have to agree. I generally will make the trip for the majority of the home games, but lately I have been questioning whether it is worth it or not. The seats on both side of me are evidently owned by ticket brokers as you never know who will show up week to week, Cards fan or opposing team fans. I will definitely be thinking about my options during the off-season.

I always love to hear millionaires talking about "protecting our home turf." Yup, easy to do when you're pulling in millions of dollars.

I'm a diehard Arizona Cardinals fan, but I'm also a person who values logic and reasoning.

I never fault anybody who makes a financial decision over selling tickets. If you want to keep the season tickets, buy them and then sell the tickets to one of the big games. Sure, you'll miss out on that game, but sometimes you can make half of your money back in one game.
    I was gonna post a pic, but honey badger don't give a dang.

You can currently buy individual seats cheaper than season tickets pro rated. Season tickets are currently overpriced and a ripoff. There has never been a time where you couldnt buy season tickets in the club section. The stadium is not sold out and has never been sold out.