Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Open letter to Mike B and Lisa Manning re:Season Tickets

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Az80sGuy View Post
    As a 12 year season ticket holder who now lives in San Diego, I have to agree. I generally will make the trip for the majority of the home games, but lately I have been questioning whether it is worth it or not. The seats on both side of me are evidently owned by ticket brokers as you never know who will show up week to week, Cards fan or opposing team fans. I will definitely be thinking about my options during the off-season.
    Same thing here as ticket brokers own the pair of seats to our left. As a 10 year STH we are re-thinking if it is still worth it to drive up from Chandler which takes anywhere from 50 minutes to hours depending on traffic. When the schedule is front loaded with home games, like last year, tailgating on 110 degree black asphalt isn't much fun. And now that the product is bad you have to ask if its really worth it.

    But what pisses me off the most is the way the stadium fills up with 50% or more visiting team fans for some games. For me, that's what diminishes the home game experience the most.

    $2,400 buys a really nice 75" 4K Ultra HDTV!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    476

    Default

    ticket prizes in general are just ridiculous, why would anybody ever pay like $2400 for 8 (!) games? *** how did it ever come to this?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    There's a ticket sales display in the area behind my section, staffed by ticket sales dudes in search of commissions. Back in the dregs of the Whisenhunt death march season of 2012, I stopped one time and asked how the sellout streak was still alive as I pointed to several upper deck sections that were maybe 5% occupied. They said it had to do with how the NFL defined "capacity", etc.., in other words lots and lots and lots of games that were not sellouts.
    Defined capacity? Haha. Sell out is a binary definition when it comes to tickets. Are all the seats full? No? Then it wasnít a sell out.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals View Post
    As a season ticket holder I'm trying to find the value in it.

    Season Tickets $1,200 each and I have 2 - $2,400
    Vs
    Stay home or go to a pub and watch on tv $0

    Advantage TV $2,400 savings

    Beer at the game $9
    Vs
    Bar $4 or home $.75 per

    Advantage bar and home

    Driving too and from the game takes a lot of time
    Vs
    Staying home or the bar

    Advantage home again

    Preseason tickets we are forced to buy them at FULL price when they actually sell for $5-$10 on StubHub. It's an actual loss of $180 every season. Add to it...we pay full price but we don't get full product of 60 minutes of starters...nope it's glorified practice at a full game price with many guys who'll be cut come season starting.

    You can see where I'm getting...
    Where is our VALUE as season ticket holders. Please don't say the all access points...or the discount card for the team shop...big whoop.

    I'd love to come back, but having a funeral and sick the last two home games and watching it on tv I find myself questioning why I should spend so much money and so much time on a product that frankly isn't returning it's value.

    I definitely do not see season ticket holders valued more than non season ticket holders...and they SHOULD BE!!!

    I love the tailgating and knowing the people around my seats week after week ...but that alone does not justify spending $2400 plus food and drink plus most of my day vs staying home and saving a ton of money and time.

    Please explain why season ticket holders are valued more than non season ticket holders that justifies the money we spend.

    You were in the stadium Sunday...had you spent $ on tickets did you get your monies worth or like many feel it was a waste of hard earned cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    The old "marginal utility" question.
    This is a very good summary of the costs and commitment involved in being a season ticket holder and the economic theory of marginal utility used in market research. When the stadium was built I signed up for five years for club seats with the inducement that for the first two years there would be no increase in ticket prices. I decided to increase the contract to 7 years but was refused. I retired early and like to travel sometimes during the season so had to sell (or give away) some individual game tickets every year. The price increase after 5 years was steep I could afford it, but decided that it wasn't worth it. Now if I really want to go to a game I just buy tickets for the game I want to see and there are always some good seats available.

    There are some reasons still for buying season tickets - maybe if you have a group that wants to sit together and permanently nail down seats or want to enjoy events on the great lawn and tailgate (which you could do by buying a parking pass). Overall I am seeing the NFL now as a greedy monopoly - you have a commissioner now demanding 50 million a year on a new contract and the NFL reserving the right to reimpose stricter blackout rules if they choose.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    7,208

    Default

    Free markets baby! I find great value in a 55Ē HDTV, a comfy chair, and the snacks, lunch or dinner I feel like at home with family or friends for a game while I multitask chatting on the game thread and managing a few fantasy teams.

    At least you get to see some player political protests and head-scratching referee calls in person. And cheerleaders!

    Iíve been a season ticket holder for a few teams but since the age of easy scalping and stubhub, as well as having several friends and business associates who often offer tickets, I more enjoy picking and choosing a few Cardinals and a few ASU games to attend each year.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Free markets baby! I find great value in a 55Ē HDTV, a comfy chair, and the snacks, lunch or dinner I feel like at home with family or friends for a game while I multitask chatting on the game thread and managing a few fantasy teams.

    At least you get to see some player political protests and head-scratching referee calls in person. And cheerleaders!

    Iíve been a season ticket holder for a few teams but since the age of easy scalping and stubhub, as well as having several friends and business associates who often offer tickets, I more enjoy picking and choosing a few Cardinals and a few ASU games to attend each year.
    Mike and Lisa-
    This is EXACTLY what I was talking about.
    Owner

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    213

    Default

    If it is any consolation, I see the exact same threads stating the exact same points on the Nottingham Forest forum I am on. And we are a second division soccer team.

    To be honest, I have been pretty shocked at how much a ST costs for the NFL. My Forest season ticket was £280 for a 23 game ticket (but I had the pleasure of seeing us get beat by dross like Doncaster). Even an Arsenal ST which is the most expensive in the country (and possibly Europe) is around £1200 a year.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    South Wales, U.K.
    Posts
    3,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    If it is any consolation, I see the exact same threads stating the exact same points on the Nottingham Forest forum I am on. And we are a second division soccer team.

    To be honest, I have been pretty shocked at how much a ST costs for the NFL. My Forest season ticket was £280 for a 23 game ticket (but I had the pleasure of seeing us get beat by dross like Doncaster). Even an Arsenal ST which is the most expensive in the country (and possibly Europe) is around £1200 a year.
    Ah Kyle, it was all going to well.
    I'm a Bristol City supporter. Our two team's sets of fans don't seem to be able to get on too well.
    I put it down to that miss hit shinner by Gary Parker.

    :-)

    Our ST's in the Dolman Stand (side of pitch) are £450 and going up next year to £480, unless City go up, then who knows?
    Logan Woodside is not a day three pick, he is the best QB in college.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    Ah Kyle, it was all going to well.
    I'm a Bristol City supporter. Our two team's sets of fans don't seem to be able to get on too well.
    I put it down to that miss hit shinner by Gary Parker.

    :-)

    Our ST's in the Dolman Stand (side of pitch) are £450 and going up next year to £480, unless City go up, then who knows?
    Not sure where it comes from to be honest. I will never forget the last minute winner Blackstock scored v's your lot. I was listening on the radio and went mental. And are you trying to say Forest won't go up ;-)? But we digress!

    On topic like I say, I think people question the value of their ST. I'm surprised by the prices you guys pay and don't understand it, these are multi-billion $ organisations, why do they need to charge so much for tickets to make a few extra million $ a season? It's not like soccer where at least the money revenue you make the more you can spend on buying players.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,401

    Default

    Its worth it for me. I'm a die hard fan and have been since the early 90's. My best friends and I all bought season tickets years ago and Cardinal games are fun for us. Tailgating , eating good food , drinking beers.. Its a good time and I live on the West Side so the drive is not far at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •