Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Open letter to Mike B and Lisa Manning re:Season Tickets

I go to one, maybe two games a year...and I don't think I would want season tickets.

Going to a couple of games a year is the better option. You pick out a matchup you want to see...you plan it all out with family and friends, and you make a big event of it. I even take Monday off work!

To me, season tickets quickly become an obligation. Maybe its because I live far away, but I don't want to spend my entire Sunday watching the game. I want to spend a few hours. If you buy season tickets you can't skip a game, because then you are wasting money, and when the team is bad its not like you can sell your tickets for face value anyway. Tickets to the Jacksonville game were going for ~$20 on stubhub if you bought them early in the season.

The only exception is if the cards make the playoffs. I have been to 2 playoff games, and that is an electric atmosphere that every fan should experience. Other than that...I am good with one game a year.

This year I went to the Thursday nighter against Seattle:

Ticket = 100 bucks

Parking = 18 bucks

Food = ~ 25 bucks

Drinks = ~ 50 bucks

Total = Less than $200 for a great night, the matchup I wanted to see (even though it was a boring game), and no further obligation. If I had picked a different matchup and not bought as many beers in the stadium, I could have easily done it for under $100

To me its a no brainer, season tickets are a waste of money, and unless you live close to the stadium and have Mondays off....you won't really enjoy the entire season anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    You can currently buy individual seats cheaper than season tickets pro rated. Season tickets are currently overpriced and a ripoff. There has never been a time where you couldnít buy season tickets in the club section. The stadium is not sold out and has never been sold out.
    You won't go to the premium games (Cowboys, Steelers, Packers) but yeah you can 100% pick up tickets on the cheap. There are tons of Tennessee vs Arizona tickets currently priced at $15 or less on stubhub.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    You won't go to the premium games (Cowboys, Steelers, Packers) but yeah you can 100% pick up tickets on the cheap. There are tons of Tennessee vs Arizona tickets currently priced at $15 or less on stubhub.
    I went to the Thursday night Seattle game 27th row, 40 yard line behind the Cardinals bench for about the same as my season tickets on a pro rated basis. This year there are so many crappy home games that on average you can buy great seats for every game at less than season ticket prices as an average.

The one big advantage to going to the games vs TV is you get the full field perspective vs. the ball perception that you get on TV. That was critical in the Seattle game because I was able to see that Wilson was trying to throw the ball out of bounds where on TV it just looks like he's throwing to an open receiver who is uncovered. The receiver was covered the Safety fell coming back to try and pick the ball.
    Last edited by Biggs; 12-05-2017 at 10:11 AM.

I gave up my season tickets a couple of years ago and have ZERO regrets . Heck I haven't even bothered to go see a single game yet, which to me is the best idea.

The fact you pay full price for preseason is an atrocity.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    I gave up my season tickets a couple of years ago and have ZERO regrets . Heck I haven't even bothered to go see a single game yet, which to me is the best idea.

The fact you pay full price for preseason is an atrocity.
    But you don't pay full price! Instead of having a flat dollar value on each game ($2000 per season / 10 = $200/game), the prices printed on the tickets are now variable. So you get preseason games with say a $40 value, then the Cowboys game has a $175 value, Seahawks $150, Jaguars $85.... stuff like that. A bunch of nonsense to give off the vibe that you're not paying full price for the preseason. Probably another stupid marketing gimmick handed down from Rog and Co. at the head office to make the idiots who buy season tickets think differently about preseason games. Hey wait! I buy season tickets. Yep, that makes me an idiot I suppose. Or I get utility out of the whole thing.

Anyway, the preseason tickets have been the biggest ripoff for decades and still are. Meanwhile the NFL talks about player safety and still has four exhibition games. FOUR! Ridiculous. I say make it zero. Gives the good coaches who can properly prepare their teams that much more of an edge.

Question for ST holders.... did you get a "game day survey" this week? I did, and blew it off until I got a follow up email so i went ahead and clicked on it. This one was different from the ones I've gotten in the past, in the past they've always been almost exclusively about the "gameday experience" like how long it takes you to park, leave, get through the gate, whether the staff treated you nice, did you like the food, etc.. This one had several questions about the team, your opinion of the direction, etc.. It was actually kinda fun to rip on The Whisperer and Amos. A chance for little old me to go on the record about the kicking game debacle. And it still gave me the opportunity to pop off that the wi-fi in the stadium STILL positively blows.

I got the feeling the brass is looking to take the temperature of the fan base more about the product on the field than whether they had a good hot dog.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Question for ST holders.... did you get a "game day survey" this week? I did, and blew it off until I got a follow up email so i went ahead and clicked on it. This one was different from the ones I've gotten in the past, in the past they've always been almost exclusively about the "gameday experience" like how long it takes you to park, leave, get through the gate, whether the staff treated you nice, did you like the food, etc.. This one had several questions about the team, your opinion of the direction, etc.. It was actually kinda fun to rip on The Whisperer and Amos. A chance for little old me to go on the record about the kicking game debacle. And it still gave me the opportunity to pop off that the wi-fi in the stadium STILL positively blows.

I got the feeling the brass is looking to take the temperature of the fan base more about the product on the field than whether they had a good hot dog.
    Yeah I still get them and I've filled them out before mainly to just complain about the crappy wifi and horrible traffic exiting the stadium

That is a VERY telling sign if they are polling like that. Good.

But you don't pay full price! Instead of having a flat dollar value on each game ($2000 per season / 10 = $200/game), the prices printed on the tickets are now variable. So you get preseason games with say a $40 value, then the Cowboys game has a $175 value, Seahawks $150, Jaguars $85.... stuff like that. A bunch of nonsense to give off the vibe that you're not paying full price for the preseason. Probably another stupid marketing gimmick handed down from Rog and Co. at the head office to make the idiots who buy season tickets think differently about preseason games. Hey wait! I buy season tickets. Yep, that makes me an idiot I suppose. Or I get utility out of the whole thing.

Anyway, the preseason tickets have been the biggest ripoff for decades and still are. Meanwhile the NFL talks about player safety and still has four exhibition games. FOUR! Ridiculous. I say make it zero. Gives the good coaches who can properly prepare their teams that much more of an edge.
    When they first did this a few years ago it really made me mad. It was insulting our intelligence. Reading comments from many people on this board I see how they got away with haha.

One thing I will say, it does help getting a higher price on some of the bigger games. Still a joke, but I try and find one positive for it. If I sell in person (not using a site) I can say face value even thought technically that is not what I paid for that particular game.

I received and email yesterday from a guy asking me if I want additional seats for next season. Good way to get ahead of the wait list for seat selection in May. I replied I think its more likely people cancel than join a wait list. According to him, this season has the same rate as years in the past and he says a wait list will exist next season.

This thread will never even be seen by any employee of the Cardinals let alone the person its addressed to. Send a letter if you want attention.

Some of the things I never understood...

getting rid of the plastic beer cups that we often kept....replaced with cheap throw aways. Seemed like a cheap way of saving a few bucks. I still have the old ones and use them for soda, water etc. I mean, get real, the beer is $9 for 28 ounces and in keg cost it's less than fifty cents your cost.

In game souvenirs have been junk ... again seems like another penny pincher making the decisions. I once gave away the souvenirs to kids and they once upon a time liked them. They've been junk for the past 3+ years so I don't even take them as I walk through the door.

awhile back we once got team photos....that was totally cut off after 2006. Again seemed to us as a penny pinching move

Take into account all we spend A LOT MORE MONEY, we spend a lot more time and WE RISK losing where as non season ticket holders DO NOT.

Not every move should be a cost cutting, penny watching bottom line.

ps. I'm not sure if the bands on the great lawn are paid for or they do it for free, but the quality of the bands has gotten pretty bad. If they're getting paid they sure don't look like it on stage. They look like they're phoning it in...you should consider naming the stage 'The Amos Jones Great Lawn Stage'.
    Last edited by Cardinals; 12-07-2017 at 02:24 PM.
    Owner