Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steve Keim GM has to go

Keim picked up Jones and Palmer in trades and gave up little.

but his draft from two years ago.

Top 3 picks:

Niimdiche, Brandon Williams and Boehn.

By now that years draft is fully in NFL mode to play. And they are really really bad.

His penchant for the hero pick has got to go. I'm still good with Keim here and Arians gone.
    I have a girlfriend and a job.

Our last 3 first rounders have been really iffy at best.

He's great with free agents and trades, not so great at drafting IMO.

Potentially needs to listen to his scouts more, stop drafting ''football players'' who you can play in multiple positions and stop reaching for small school talent.

What's the point of even bringing up this argument of comparing prior staff. In the end Green, Graves, Whiz all failed at their job to bring in the right mix of guys to win title. So no point in deciding which **** was the biggest.

Now on to the matter of the statement that Keim needs to go. Keim has been good at not over paying for guys with mid level playing abilities. He has brought in guys almost every year who do produce. I think he believes a little to much that guys are interchangeable. Important positions lack cohesion since its been a revolving door of one year deal players. Most of the draft picks haven't panned out. But that can be said for every team in the league. Striking out on first round guys is a huge knock against him. But I think he has done enough to stay on another year.

Keims #1 issue and the reason he needs to be replaced:

inability to scout a franchise QB.

We've have numerous opportunities in the draft and Keim has failed repeatedly to identify the young stars, or was inactive and didnt move up when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post

We've have numerous opportunities in the draft and Keim has failed repeatedly to identify the young stars, or was inactive and didnt move up when needed.
    Just wait another year. Keim will sign another backup qb who was projected to be a star in the NFL. From a team that ended up wasting their pick since he didn't pan out. The day its actually Keims fault that we don't have the qb of the future is the day i win the Power Ball and Mega Millions.

By that criteria half the league should be looking for a new GM.

Let me play devils advocate they have been in their view win now situations. They felt in my opinion that they had other pressing needs to make another run for several years. I think he did make a mistake and not being more aggressive in getting a replacement for when Carson retires though. I think he did identify one Qb maybe more but didn't get it done. I am positive it's probably at the top of his list along with fixing the oline.

I think when healthy the D we can live with but We do have to address the offense and it be a priority at Qb wr and oline.
    Last edited by Redbirdfan62; 12-09-2017 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Genken View Post
    Just wait another year. Keim will sign another backup qb who was projected to be a star in the NFL. From a team that ended up wasting their pick since he didn't pan out. The day its actually Keims fault that we don't have the qb of the future is the day i win the Power Ball and Mega Millions.
    It definitely is on SK for not getting a young Qb especially since he stated that is the best way to build a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    Let me play devils advocate they have been in their view win now situations. They felt in my opinion that they had other pressing needs to make another run for several years. I think he did make a mistake and not being more aggressive in getting a replacement for when Carson retires though. I think he did identify one Qb maybe more but didn't get it done. I am positive it's probably at the top of his list along with fixing the oline.

I think when healthy the D we can live with but We do have to address the offense and it be a priority at Qb wr and oline.
    He didn't address DL, OL, WR, No. 2 CB or TE. Pretty much hard needs for a team in win now mode. You can't have an old statue at QB who has been nicked up and lost production the last few years with AJ Shipley and Bohn as your starters. That's not win now mode. That's pretty much guaranteeing you're starting QB is going on IR. Especially if you line up AP in the backfield and ask him to block someone when you go play action.