View Poll Results: Gabbert's Rating this Season?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

0 0%
  • B

16 51.61%
  • C

12 38.71%
  • D

3 9.68%
  • F

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gabbert's Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    He's was #2 leading receiver behind Larry, genius.
    Says more about our pathetic WR core then it does for a soft RB who was among the lead leaders in dropped passes and looked like a grenade went off when approached by tacklers.

Quote Originally Posted by longimanus View Post
    Gabbert has made some plays, but definitely has a bit of a gunslinger in him.

Positives:

-I think his deep ball is substantially better than Stantons.

-His ability to scramble with light feet is pivotal to sustaining our drives, even if he occasionally throws inaccurately off the wrong foot.

-He's young and a former a top ten pick, and thus deserves more playing time than Stanton or any older backup.

Negatives:

-the gunslinger mentality results in the occasional cringey Palmer-like INTs

-some game-manager tendencies, going quiet when the offense needs momentum

Overall, he's a C, but I can't wait to see how he plays the rest of the season and the pre-season next year.
    The P/N list no problem for me, longimanus. I assigned a B grade to BG because he's making chicken salad out of mostly chicken doo in the three games he started so far.

BG is what he is now and after playing mostly for beat up teams since he was drafted in the 1st Rd. I am anxious to see BG under center or in the shotgun formation with every Offensive team starter fully healthy. That won't happen until Game 1, 2018.

Meanwhile, four games to go and then we'll have a lively off-season. LoL.

I voted B. For your 3rd string QB, it would be hard to hope for more.

Now as far as him being our QBoF, that's a whole other thing. I will say I want to see more.

We all agree he has all the physical tools one would want in a QB. It's all about what he can do with them. He has 4 more games. ( well maybe ) In those 4 games, let's see if he can improve on some things some say he has a problem with.

Can he do that.....I don't know......but I'm hoping he can....

Maybe the thing I don't get the most, is that some almost seem to want him to fail. Is it so you can say I told you so, or do you just have your sights set on a shiny new QB.

We have so many needs. I'm really hoping BG can pick it up and show us he can. Then we can use those precious draft picks to fill our many holes.

Keep in mind, no young QB is going to flourish with the state of our OL and lackluster receiving corps we have now.

C:\Users\Tom\Desktop\cat A.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post

Now as far as him being our QBoF, that's a whole other thing. I will say I want to see more.

We all agree he has all the physical tools one would want in a QB. It's all about what he can do with them. He has 4 more games. ( well maybe ) In those 4 games, let's see if he can improve on some things some say he has a problem with.

Maybe the thing I don't get the most, is that some almost seem to want him to fail. Is it so you can say I told you so, or do you just have your sights set on a shiny new QB.

We have so many needs. I'm really hoping BG can pick it up and show us he can. Then we can use those precious draft picks to fill our many holes.

Keep in mind, no young QB is going to flourish with the state of our OL and lackluster receiving corps we have now.

Bulls-eye, TC. Thanks.

I don't want him to fail, I want cheer everytime he throws a pick, I just know he won't be a success because he isn't good enough if you want to amount to anything more than a bottom dweller in the NFC West.

For a third string QB I give him an A++++++++++++.

But that's not what we are doing . We are evaluating based on him being the man.

And your last line could be applied to john skelton or max hall.

It's how you are projecting BG based on what we see.

I personally wanted to see him succeed. He had plenty of throws from the pocket without pressure. There's a certain command and feel for the game that the top NFL QB's have. I don't see it. I see great tools but I don't see the vision or the command. We have TE's who can catch the ball, we have LF who is still a highly competent WR and we had a great running attack against the Rams. There is nothing that I have seen that makes me think WG is going to be the third, second or best QB in the NFC West. That's 6 games a year. We can't go forward with the worst starting QB in the division and expect to field the best D and running game in the division. There are no VL trophies in our future with WG at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    I personally wanted to see him succeed. He had plenty of throws from the pocket without pressure. There's a certain command and feel for the game that the top NFL QB's have. I don't see it. I see great tools but I don't see the vision or the command. We have TE's who can catch the ball, we have LF who is still a highly competent WR and we had a great running attack against the Rams. There is nothing that I have seen that makes me think WG is going to be the third, second or best QB in the NFC West. That's 6 games a year. We can't go forward with the worst starting QB in the division and expect to field the best D and running game in the division. There are no VL trophies in our future with WG at QB.

I give him an A+ for holding a clipboard. A D- as far as having to take actual snaps. Even in the Jacksonville game there were multiple would-be interceptions that Jaguars defenders flat out dropped. He's the same Blaine Gabbert he's always been. You'll get a so-so game manager performance with an unhealthy amount of interceptions.

I look for Blaine Gabbert to become the next Dak Prescott

With that said I gave him a grade of "C"

a C can mean many things

1. C YA later not our Next QOF

2. C I told you so just another backup

3. C As in lets SEE what we have here

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I don't want him to fail, I want cheer everytime he throws a pick, I just know he won't be a success because he isn't good enough if you want to amount to anything more than a bottom dweller in the NFC West.
    Same here...i`ve watch him play for years and i believe what i saw...
    i never believe that fairy God mother turned a pumpkin into a magical carriage either ,,, if i'm gonna make believe we can turn a cardinal QB into a SB winner i`m starting with a fresh new recruit..not one that has already proven he is a deer in the headlights
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting