View Poll Results: Gabbert's Rating this Season?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

0 0%
  • B

16 51.61%
  • C

12 38.71%
  • D

3 9.68%
  • F

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gabbert's Rating

How are you guys giving a QB who has 6 TD's, 5 INTS, and 4 fumbles a B grade? If you go by passer rating it is 79.8 out of 158.3 which equals a 50% (F Grade). His completion % is a 59.6. His record is 1-2. Giving him a D is generous.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    How are you guys giving a QB who has 6 TD's, 5 INTS, and 4 fumbles a B grade? If you go by passer rating it is 79.8 out of 158.3 which equals a 50% (F Grade). His completion % is a 59.6. His record is 1-2. Giving him a D is generous.
    Stat watching is not good judgement. It doesnt tell the story, hes played well overall. More good balls than bad.

bottom line is this: Is Gabbert the reason we lost?

Nope. He shouldve won all 3 starts if he had WRs who could catch and a special teams of any kind. Gabbert has played well enough to win, thats all that matters.

The board has zero idea how to rate QBs thatís how.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Stat watching is not good judgement. It doesnt tell the story, hes played well overall. More good balls than bad.

Nope. He shouldve won all 3 starts if he had WRs who could catch and a special teams of any kind. Gabbert has played well enough to win, thats all that matters.
    Case in point.

He is 1-2 and the is the "Stat" that matters. He is 10-33 in his career, what additional proof do you need that he isn't a quality starting QB? He wilts under pressure, that is what I get when I see him play. Certainly not a B like he is being given on this board, that is laughable and downright extreme homerism.

He is 1-2 and the is the "Stat" that matters. He is 10-33 in his career, what additional proof do you need that he isn't a quality starting QB? He wilts under pressure, that is what I get when I see him play. Certainly not a B like he is being given on this board, that is laughable and downright extreme homerism.
    This is the same board that says Russell Wilson is a game manager.

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    The board has zero idea how to rate QBs thatís how.
    Yeah, it is bad. I still remember that Max Hall is better than Tony Romo proclamation.

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    This is the same board that says Russell Wilson is a game manager.
    Wilson is an MVP candidate this year. Pure Comedy from some posters

Wilson is an MVP candidate this year. Pure Comedy from some posters
    Heís been an MVP candidate for most of his career itís absolutely a laugher.

I agree if we had the best defense in the league, the No. 1 rushing attack in the league and great special teams, Gabbert could be 3 and O. On balance he has been a terrific third string QB. As a third string QB I give him an A. As a starting NFL QB a D.
    Last edited by Biggs; 12-05-2017 at 09:48 AM.