Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another day and nothing happens with ST

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    If it is true that Amos's contract is up at the end of the year, what's the point in firing him now and rocking the apple cart? Let the season play out, let BA announce his retirement and let him take Amos with him. Thank Bettcher and Goodwin for their hard work and set them free on the world and go fire a young innovative offensive minded HC, a steady hand old DC (Vic Fangio) and a proven guy on ST.
    Don't be shocked if Betcher is Keim's choice for HC.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas cat View Post
    I copied and pasted this from a earlier post I made.

Bruce can blame Steve, or the other way around. I think both have to take blame. After all it started when BASK came to be.

We all know our special team has performed poorly for some time now....but how bad is it???

Well I did some research to see....

This was taken from this link. They use a complicated formula, but basically include all aspects of ST play.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst

These stats are from Amos Jones ST tenure.

In a nutshell, this is what it says.

2013 ranked 27th.....by the way, the year before he got here, we were ranked 11th.

2014 ranked 21st

2015 ranked 29th

2016 ranked 30th

2017 ranked 31st

By anyones standard this is unacceptable.
    If BA and Keim get into a blame game Keim wins that battle big time. He GMd one of the biggest roster overhauls Ive seen in any professional sport in 2013. He has gotten players, from his 1-2 year Keim specials, to big trades like Palmer or Jones in pre-season, to free agent pickups and bandaid trades like AP this year. His drafts can be questioned but he certainly drafted guys who would seem to make impacts on special teams. If Keim has a weakness with BA its in allowing him to be so loyal to a guy like Amos. But that loyalty is part of what makes BA, BA.

If BA is forced out after this season or next, it will be stuff like ST failure with BAs loyalty over accountability that gives Keim a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post

Ohhhhhh he better not be!

Quote Originally Posted by lacardsfan View Post
    At this point whatever comes out of Keims mouth on Mondays should just be ignored. Way to make a statement Keim. Something has to be done with ST, so Ill sit back and do nothin, that will show em.

Im done listening to this toothless dog bark after every loss. And I am a BA SK supporter!!!
    Welcome to the club on the weekly Keim show. I listened once last year, Keim was asked about the atrocious kicking game, he gave a throwaway answer. Wolfley did zero follow up. So I was one and done with that weekly puff piece, in fact I don't even think he should do it at all. Anyway, there's no point in canning Jones now, since it's not even about Jones. When you see Jones' unit stink it up, blame Arians. He's the one who had overwhelming evidence a change was in order, but chose not to make a move. So it became his war and his war only. And Arians needs to be forced to go out there on Sundays all the way to New Year's Eve and coach his mess. Ben McAdoo got off easy in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Yeah that would be a great pick, if the goal is to clear out the stadium of Cardinal fans.

Quote Originally Posted by biggs View Post
    don't be shocked if betcher is keim's choice for hc.
    Next coach up!

couple years too late to fire Amos.............cut the head off...it`s the only path
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    couple years too late to fire Amos.............cut the head off...it`s the only path
    Exactly! Its a HC who makes his buddy Amos a higher priority than winning, the organization, team and fans. And then covers for him by blaming the players which alienates them and effectively throws the GM under the bus. Last time I saw this much rot is when I took a mycology course in college!

We can all say and know major changes have to be made but what matters is what MB thinks.

I think this is the first time he had an opportunity to install his first GM and coach without any advice or input from dad.

SK has been here for years and years. MB feels comfortable with SK here. It would be pretty tough for MB to let Sk go.

Sk is the same boat with BA and BA is the same boat with Amos

Meaning all are loyal to eachother And nothing is going to change. And we will keep paying for mediocrity

With the 6th pick in the 2018 NFL draft SK picks ... a defensive player that will change positions and play a roll on the cardinals team for the next 5 years
    CP3 in AZ baby!!!

Amos is`nt the problem,he is just a symptom ,,in2014 and 2015 he was just a problem..but a curable problem...anyone with any sense at all knew (yes even the super charged yes men ..the ultra nuclear fused Homer elite Knew..they knew) that the Butler ordeal was beyond explanation ..yet we stormed through 2015 with No riskit no biscuit,Carson on fire best year ever,and a lot of breaks going our way.....enter ..... the Championship Game,this is where the wheels came off The biscuit ,,,were we out matched..Heck yeah they were better than us. but we could have made a game of it...IF there was leadership.but alas there was none to be found..not in our Qb 0r Coach.........they were lost in the bright lights

2016,,,We are going To THE BOWL!!! dadgumit we know we are cuz all the Talking heads say so!!!(but what about the last game we played in...The Championship Game??) The Player are coming to practice in Helicopters !! we are going to the Bowl!!(but what about the last game..what has changed?)
    Carson comes back down to earth...ST bottom out and the whole world knows the system and no breaks coming our way any more

2017....We are making one more run at the Bowl...But Wait!! ...everyone hoped for the best......but deep down we Knew...we knew
    Last edited by RimrockCard; 12-07-2017 at 07:41 PM.
    The Big A era begins.... Tick tock..7 games and counting