Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 7 year old son had just the right remedy for this season Last night

Default My 7 year old son had just the right remedy for this season Last night

He came running into the kitchen and said, "Dad I turned on the Packer game we went to at Christmas with Grandpa!" I forgot I had a bunch of those still on dvr!! So we sat down after supper and watched the Cards move to 13-2 with a beat down of Rodgers and the packers.

WOW. what a difference DJ makes. He's uncoverable and is SO elusive. We miss a big bodied WR like Floyd to accompany Fitz. Completely different team. Veldheer and Iupati looked young and beastly. two years and injuries really took their toll.

WE really are struggling right now, I forgot how dominant that cards team was.

BA's system does work but he needs the horses in there...He's got to get a road grading OL i n there and DJ back and this team will roll again.

Quote Originally Posted by CardsJake View Post

BA's system does work but he needs the horses in there...
    Everyone's system works with all-star performers. The sign of a good coach is creating a useful system around the talents that you have instead of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

BA's system does work but

If you need HOF talent to make your system work, then your system doesnt work. Your "system" is reliance upon outworldy players that rarely exist to make you look good.

Ba is not a good coach. He, above all others, is a front runner. QB whisperer? Oh what would Peyton Manning, Big Ben, Andrew Luck be without Bruce Arians??? Thank goodness he came along, otherwise theyd all be selling insurance back east.

He came running into the kitchen and said, "Dad I turned on the Packer game we went to at Christmas with Grandpa!" I forgot I had a bunch of those still on dvr!! So we sat down after supper and watched the Cards move to 13-2 with a beat down of Rodgers and the packers.

WOW. what a difference DJ makes. He's uncoverable and is SO elusive. We miss a big bodied WR like Floyd to accompany Fitz. Completely different team. Veldheer and Iupati looked young and beastly. two years and injuries really took their toll.

WE really are struggling right now, I forgot how dominant that cards team was.

BA's system does work but he needs the horses in there...He's got to get a road grading OL i n there and DJ back and this team will roll again.
    That was the last complete game the Cardinals played. Arians had the horses last year and went 7-8-1. Lots of coaching staffs had lots of time to watch film and 2016 was the dawn of a new era.

I completely agree, last year should have been solid as well.

Im not making a point to keep BA. Just unreal team in 2015. Most years that team probably wins a super bowl.

But yeah I think I've moved on to wanting a new regime as well. Maybe even GM too,

Hasnt worked since 2015. The league completely has him figured out and he is as predictable as whisenhunt

A good coach designs his system around the players he has on hand to maximize their potential. Not the other way around like Wiz and BA.

I know we all hate the Sea Hags but look what Carroll has done. He won with a ground and pound offense where Wilson was only throwing 20 to 28 passes a game. Now Wilson is throwing 35 or more passes a game. At no time did Carroll have a very good O line, but yet he design a system that won for them.

Can't say the same thing about BA. And don't give me the injury excuse. The Hags have had their share of injuries also. Yet they keep on winning. I'm noty a Carroll lover,but he is a better head coach than BA.

Quote Originally Posted by dreday70 View Post
    Everyone's system works with all-star performers. The sign of a good coach is creating a useful system around the talents that you have instead of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
    Yeah exactly what BA has been known to do for the past 4 years. Every year has been here excluding this year someone becomes a dynamic weapon. First year it was AE, Fitz has a resurgance, Smoke, CP, DJ, Dwight Freeny pickup and plays the same week and is productive, John Abraham had a resurgence, TM & PP21 have all pro type of seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    A good coach designs his system around the players he has on hand to maximize their potential. Not the other way around like Wiz and BA.

I know we all hate the Sea Hags but look what Carroll has done. He won with a ground and pound offense where Wilson was only throwing 20 to 28 passes a game. Now Wilson is throwing 35 or more passes a game. At no time did Carroll have a very good O line, but yet he design a system that won for them.

Can't say the same thing about BA. And don't give me the injury excuse. The Hags have had their share of injuries also. Yet they keep on winning. I'm noty a Carroll lover,but he is a better head coach than BA.
    Your telling me we haven't changed our offence since BG has become our starter? Because if you can't see it, you need to watch a little harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post

Seattlle will keep on winning until Wilson is carted off the field. E.g., the importance of a healthy and effective QB cannot be overstated for title contenders. Like HC Arians, HC Carroll has to rely on his active players to execute the coach's schemes. Put #7 into a Seattle uniform next year and I bet the Seahawks fortunes change dramatically. The NW team will be lucky to achieve .500.