Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eli Apple?

Default Eli Apple?

This kid is 100% going to be traded for a mid to low round pick, and heís going to have a lot to prove wherever he ends up. And at the end of the day, he is still just a kid. One with a lot of potential too.

Iím hoping the Cards are at least going to see what the asking price is, their veteran locker room could be just what he needs to help get his head on straight and realize his potential. From there, he could be a solid CB2 for a long time

One if his teammates openly called him locker room cancer. So no thank you.

he-ee-ee-ee-ll no

He has a veteran lockeroom and his clash happens to be with the leader and most valuable player they have, Landon Collins. If he doesnt respect Collins, what makes you think anyone in our lockeroom can reach him?

No, hes a bum and a bust. We dont need him. Id be perfectly happy rolling with 50 year old Tramon Williams next year at #2 CB, hes done a superb job.

Go back two years and read scouting comments on Apple. The kid clearly has all the physical tools and that alone pushed him into the Draft top 10. That CB ability is still there today.

He is physically injury free but is a wreck mentally and emotionally going into the offseason. He needs a strong player mentor in 2018 and that may be hard to find in Giants situation today. The next Giants HC and DC will have their hands full with or without Apple on the team -- and we know most coaches have little to no patience with highly paid, sulking 3rd year pros.

BL: I think Apple will be traded to a winning team. And I think a winning team will fix all of Apple's current maturity issues. If not traded, Apple will be cut. I don't see SK making a high trade offer to the NYGs, maybe a mid-round if the GM is interested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eli_Apple

Haha, I just have a hard time writing off a young kid like that, people do occasionally learn from their mistakes and grow up. Depending on what theyíre asking, I think it could be well worth it. The Cards defensive unit seems pretty tight, I donít think a kid could come in and disrupt it, and late round picks rarely pan out anyway

Can't be considered a cancer and then suck to top it off. No thanks

For the record, Iím a big fan of the job Tramon Williams has been doing too, and think he should be here next year, I was thinking more long term in respect to Apple. I just have a feeling heís going to turn it around wherever he lands, he was solid last year, especially for a rookie

Can you trade guys on rookie contracts? I thought the CBA prevented that?
    Logan Woodside is not a day three pick, he is the best QB in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    Can you trade guys on rookie contracts? I thought the CBA prevented that?
    why wouldn't you? Cards have done it as well, jonathan cooper for example

Apple is rotten to the core
    Larry Wilson Jackie Smith Jim hart Mel Gray