Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eli Apple?

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ans_to_as.html

Anyone for Josh Gordon to replace our #2 WR? I watched Gordon play v. the Steelers today. Geez, that guy is huge standing next to most LBs and CBs. His hands are bigger than Fitz helmet! He's a monster!

Gordon is sending all the right signals in December that he has cleaned up his future act, and he is ready to play for the Browns full-time if wanted in 2018 (ref link).

Every GM in the NFL knows that the Browns are looking for 40+ good players. I think the Browns FO will do any deal that brings in more talent. SK should call the Browns tonight and make a deal for Gordon and their 2nd first round pick...thus sealing the deal for the QBofF at ARI.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...ans_to_as.html

Anyone for Josh Gordon to replace our #2 WR? I watched Gordon play v. the Steelers today. Geez, that guy is huge standing next to most LBs and CBs. His hands are bigger than Fitz helmet! He's a monster!

Gordon is sending all the right signals in December that he has cleaned up his future act, and he is ready to play for the Browns full-time if wanted in 2018 (ref link).

Every GM in the NFL knows that the Browns are looking for 40+ good players. I think the Browns FO will do any deal that brings in more talent. SK should call the Browns tonight and make a deal for Gordon and their 2nd first round pick...thus sealing the deal for the QBofF at ARI.
    I watched some of his work since he came back since I had him on my fantasy team. He looked amazing even with horrible QB play. Still dont think Id trust him in a locker room with a new coach. Maybe a year of Fitz mentoring and Honey Badger support would do the trick. My assumption is he is and will always be an immature idiot.

I reached out to a business associate who played for Ohio State (graduated the same year Ted Ginn graduated - team played in Fiesta Bowl here in Phx) and works in Columbus. He still has contacts inside OSU and so I asked him about Eli Apple. His answer was "Apples situation is surprising. Good family, and never caused an issue at OSU."

I would definitely look to offering a 5th round pick to the Giants who are undergoing a coaching change and it is obvious that Apple and Landon Collins are not fans of each other. This way the Cards can concentrate on drafting QB - WR - OL - TE - LB and fill the defense's biggest need on the cheap.

I would doubt that the Giants would give up on a #1 draft pick in Apple so soon, particularly after the whole team crashed and burned this season, including Eli Manning. Apple had no problems like this at Ohio State, so it seems his issues may have been simply part of the Giants' toxic locker room, which culminated with the firing of the HC and GM. When NFL teammates start calling out other teammates in front of the media you know you have some problems. It's very hard to pick on Apple as the main culprit ,despite what Landon Collins said. I would be very surprised if Apple is not with the Giants next year. A #1 draft pick is a big investment and there can be some growing pains along the way. Had the Giants kept their HC and GM and there was no way the relationship could go forward, then Apple might have been available. But the new HC and GM need to evaluate what happened with Apple and and get him back focused on winning games next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis07 View Post
    Apple is rotten to the core

Genesis,

So I guess you have soured on Apple right?

This was the guy that apparently didn't know how to cook ramen and was raised by his mom to be completely incapable of doing anything for himself. Reports out of NY stated that he was a nightmare in the locker room, flat out refused to go play on special teams and got into it with his coaches more than once.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/23/family...iah-eli-apple/

Blackson said his relationship changed with Apple after Eli was hospitalized for a week in mid-June. That caused Apple to miss Giants mini-camp with what the team called an undisclosed illness. Blackson said Annie and Eli have cut themselves off from the rest of the family.

“Just growing up, if you had told me things would end up this way, I wouldn’t believe you. ‘Eli will go all the way to the Giants and not be family-oriented?’ ” Blackson told NJ Advance Media. “He’s burning bridges left and right and he’s losing the people that really care about him and love him no matter what. I don’t know what him and Annie are up to. It’s crazy.”

He's a dead end, million dollar body, ten cent brain, the Giants locker room is a huge mess and even they thought that Apple was too much of an idiot to hang. Pass.
    Last edited by MSloan; 01-05-2018 at 07:00 PM.

I thought it was a little more common knowledge that his parents are going through some crazy dramatic divorce, which you wouldnt think would have a huge impact on him at his age but everyone is different.

It seems to me his emotions have been out of control, which is something he could definitely get a handle on. People do grow up and mature, and I think hed definitely be worth taking a gamble on. Also everyone in NY loves Landon Collins, hes most likely going to get his way on this one

Hostility toward teammates is never acceptable. Sadly, almost anything gets labeled as "immaturity". A player can be a good person and respectful to his teammates but have personal demons with drugs, alcohol or partying. I can forgive the latter and those players still have a chance to be productive players if they fix their demons (Honey Badger). But being a punk or a jerk to you teammates is not fixable; the person is just a D-bag and that's not changing.
    Last edited by cardinalsDO; 01-08-2018 at 01:05 AM.
    Go Cardinals!