Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Arizona Cardinal Coaching Candidates / Links

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    As said from the beginning, all options will be underwhelming. BA was the most entertaining coach ever. Its all downhill from here. Next guy will be a boring slug in comparison.

Also, considering Keim likes hiring old guys, I knew we werent getting a young, Mcvay innovator. Itll be another old guy, retread.

With all that said....Shurmur is a fine choice.

Of the reported interviews (all underwhelming) whos better? Munchak, Wilks, Patricia, Flores?

Of all of them, Shurmur is the only one who has produced 2 winning offenses.

I do still like Wilks. That guy looks like a born HC. He has a very authoritative presence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKZAxuxS0bI
    Maybe I'm the exception to the rule, but I wasn't all that entertained by Arians' schtick. Especially when it moved into the theater of the absurd.... "extremely, extremely well", then the episode about how it was his fault his team lost to someone named Tom Savage, then it wasn't. Rex Arians wore me out. Now I wish he would just keep his mouth shut about Bettcher being the best guy, but I understand he's auditioning for a media job and his best chance to get one is to keep up the Rex Arians persona.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Main Event~ View Post
    I've been saying it would be underwhelming long before Bruce retired. When a team retains a coach that goes 1-15 followed by 0-16, it says a lot about the names you know are about to be on the coaching market.

If you're gonna get a coordinator from the Vikings why not get the guy who has them sitting at number 1 in total D and points allowed as opposed to the guy who has already flopped as a head coach? That's my beef.
    I think that's the Browns brass being unable to admit that they are a complete disaster, instead of admitting that the last two plus years have been a waste of time from the top down, it's a signal that "they're close" and it's not all bad. The Browns are the one team that thinks Jackson is NFL head coach material. The Browns reside at the far end of the bell curve.

Quote Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
    You realize that this is only because of a non-existent offense right? AZ has a had a top 5 D every year under Bettcher

With that said I don't want him as as HC either
    Yes i do realise we have a non-existent offense. I keep seeing this 'top 5 D' thing being rolled out but we never actually saw this dominance, total yards, passing yards, rushing yards is all largely irrelevant if you can't stop points being put up against you. This D has a poor record of stopping points and creating turnovers, its a fact. Again with the investment the D has had, it should be up there, we could have my son as DC and I bet it would still be top 10 just because of the talent we have.

Id really like to see Matt Patricia or Josh McDaniels preferably McDaniels let him come in and build the team the way he sees fit, that includes FA and especially the Draft! So this offense can finally get going in the right direction.. If there is one thing ive noticed season after season the Cardinals offense always struggles to execute consistently all 4 qtrs. Bring in Josh and the Cardinals will finally win a SB

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFan1212 View Post
    Id really like to see Matt Patricia or Josh McDaniels preferably McDaniels let him come in and build the team the way he sees fit, that includes FA and especially the Draft! So this offense can finally get going in the right direction.. If there is one thing ive noticed season after season the Cardinals offense always struggles to execute consistently all 4 qtrs. Bring in Josh and the Cardinals will finally win a SB
    MP- Detroit
    JM- Indianapolis

No brainers for them. Detroit is ready to win now. They have a young defense and a nice core on offense. For Indy itís all about Andrew Luckís health. The afc south is a winnable division if heís healthy

A report on nfl.com says Haley and Big Ben's relationship is at rock bottom right now.

A Munchak HC, Haley OC and Bettcher DC could be of interest.
    I'm here to drink some milk and kick ***. And I've finished my milk.

Quote Originally Posted by londonukcard View Post
    A report on nfl.com says Haley and Big Ben's relationship is at rock bottom right now.

Big Ben hinted at retirement? Plus Haley declined the Cardinals request in 2013.

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/20...view-cardinals

I think Cardinals pick between Brian Flores and Steve Wilks.
    Last edited by monsterike; 01-14-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by londonukcard View Post

Doesnít it concern anyone that Haley often seems to have relationship issues with key players on his teams? A good coach in many ways but always relationship issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Doesnít it concern anyone that Haley often seems to have relationship issues with key players on his teams? A good coach in many ways but always relationship issues.

I remember his altercations with Warner and today he and Ben Roethlisberger are going at it.

The Jaguars are eating them up as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Personally i want no part of Haley...i`m probably on an island with that one..lol
    The Wilks era begin