Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona Cardinal Coaching Candidates / Links

Keim said big changes would be an understatement, and that doesn’t sound like Goodwin.

My Chandler engineer buddies tell me the Cardinals, Intel, Google and others are assembling an Artificial Intelligence combining Halas, Lombardi, Shula, Belichick and others to create a Super Coach. The virtual reality goggles some of you may have read about, used by Palmer and others to enhance training, are being streamlined for in-game use, allowing players to “see” and hear their new coach in augmented reality, each constantly getting personalized direction, adjustments, advice, ego stroking or kicks in the butt.

A similar AI is being developed for talent identification, assembling the knowledge of greatest draft minds and success stories, as well as a few of the regular commenters here on the azcardinals forum. I won’t name names.

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchDJ View Post
    John DeFilippo.
    Why?

His resume isnt terribly strong. Not saying he might not be a good option someday, but right now he doesnt have a ton going for him.

Hes only a QB coach. Not a coordinator. And if you look at the QBs he has coached:

2016-2017 Wentz - very good.

2015 - Manziel. This is very concerning. Now Manziel mightve been a lost cause, but John was Manziels direct coach. More hands on than anybody.
    2014 - Derek Carr. Not bad. Team was awful, he had no help.
    2013 - Terrelle Pryor. Who is now a WR. Not John fault. Guy wasnt a QB
    2012 - Carson Palmer. Had an average CP year. Doesnt really need a QB coach at this point in his career.

So overall, its not bad, its just not great. 2 years with Wentz is the clear strength, but all else is pretty muddy. I think the most important thing is he has no leadership experience. He was a college OC for 1 year but thats hardly enough.
    Last edited by Zaz; 12-30-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Why?

His resume isnt terribly strong. Not saying he might not be a good option someday, but right now he doesnt have a ton going for him.

Hes only a QB coach. Not a coordinator. And if you look at the QBs he has coached:

2016-2017 Wentz - very good.

2015 - Manziel. This is very concerning. Now Manziel mightve been a lost cause, but John was Manziels direct coach. More hands on than anybody.
    2014 - Derek Carr. Not bad. Team was awful, he had no help.
    2013 - Terrelle Pryor. Who is now a WR. Not John fault. Guy wasnt a QB
    2012 - Carson Palmer. Had an average CP year. Doesnt really need a QB coach at this point in his career.

So overall, its not bad, its just not great. 2 years with Wentz is the clear strength, but all else is pretty muddy. I think the most important thing is he has no leadership experience. He was a college OC for 1 year but thats hardly enough.

I was convinced by this. Great read.
    https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...s-carson-wentz

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    Keim said big changes would be an understatement, and that doesn’t sound like Goodwin.

My Chandler engineer buddies tell me the Cardinals, Intel, Google and others are assembling an Artificial Intelligence combining Halas, Lombardi, Shula, Belichick and others to create a Super Coach. The virtual reality goggles some of you may have read about, used by Palmer and others to enhance training, are being streamlined for in-game use, allowing players to “see” and hear their new coach in augmented reality, each constantly getting personalized direction, adjustments, advice, ego stroking or kicks in the butt.

A similar AI is being developed for talent identification, assembling the knowledge of greatest draft minds and success stories, as well as a few of the regular commenters here on the azcardinals forum. I won’t name names.

Very interesting. Unless the Cardinals have an ironclad, exclusive contract with those named businesses, we may be looking at the end product being commercialized and all the NFL having the same thing sooner or later. But if true, kudos to Mike B or whomever for thinking way outside the box. That is a big change from the past.

Could we be looking at the dawn of automated football with robot players and coaches replacing the real thing?

That could be really interesting if anyone hacked the computers...

Didn't some insider here say Bettcher was going to be given a chance at HC? That would save the Bidwills a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchDJ View Post
    I was convinced by this. Great read.
    https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...s-carson-wentz

I read this. I really want DeFilippo, especially if we draft a young QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdgang95 View Post
    I read this. I really want DeFilippo, especially if we draft a young QB.
    It would be interesting to bring in DeFilippo and let him choose his top QBOF targets and go get one. He’s also a guy who might be able to get more out of a still young QB2 like Gabbert, which would solidify depth and give options.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Heat View Post
    It would be interesting to bring in DeFilippo and let him choose his top QBOF targets and go get one. He’s also a guy who might be able to get more out of a still young QB2 like Gabbert, which would solidify depth and give options.
    Are you and Blaine brothers from another mother or what...
    The Wilks era begin

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Eickhorn View Post
    Didn't some insider here say Bettcher was going to be given a chance at HC? That would save the Bidwills a lot of money.
    That would be another express ride back to "same old Cardinals". Bettcher as HC would turn UOP Stadium into a graveyard on Sundays, or filled by opposing fans. I'm certain money isn't the issue with Mike in charge. Mike gave The Whisperer a huge budget for assistants, too bad The Whisperer didn't repay the favor by moving Amos off the property.

Default John Gruden or Jim Harbaugh

The rumors are that John Gruden want to return to coaching in the NFL and Tampa Bay has indicated they intend to stay with their current coach.

I would like to have John Gruden or Jim Harbaugh as our next coach as both have previous NFL coaching experience and have taken teams to Super Bowls.

I am not sure if we have a real chance of landing either of these as coaches but one can always dream !
    Zeke