Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Cards -- Another QB Option might be available come February

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    So you say.

    Not having your crystal ball, I'll have to wait and see
    I don't but we know his history. 45 starts in 7 years as a starting NFL QB. That's a little over 2.5 million per start. There's an expression beggars can't be choosy. Bradford would have to be out of his mind to play for us for less than 20 million behind our OL. We would be out of our mind to give Bradford starting QB money based on his history and health. You don't need a crystal ball but if Bradford is the plan short or long term, it's a pretty crappy plan. That doesn't mean if we sign him and Keim clicks his heals the wizard of Oz won't give us 19 games out of him for the only time in his life.

    Carson Palmer is a lot healthier and turned down that kind of money because of his long term health. Bradford is as rich as Palmer.
    Last edited by Biggs; 01-10-2018 at 11:48 AM.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal, QC - Canada
    Posts
    7,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    I don't but we know his history. 45 starts in 7 years as a starting NFL QB. That's a little over 2.5 million per start. There's an expression beggars can't be choosy. Bradford would have to be out of his mind to play for us for less than 20 million behind our OL. We would be out of our mind to give Bradford starting QB money based on his history and health. You don't need a crystal ball but if Bradford is the plan short or long term, it's a pretty crappy plan. That doesn't mean if we sign him and Keim clicks his heals the wizard of Oz won't give us 19 games out of him for the only time in his life.

    Carson Palmer is a lot healthier and turned down that kind of money because of his long term health. Bradford is as rich as Palmer.

    No idea as to the 5 starters on our O-line in 2018.

    My point is simply that we cannot dismiss Bradford as a possibility.

    I'd prefer Smith with a QBOF.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Verde Valley
    Posts
    7,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    No idea as to the 5 starters on our O-line in 2018.

    My point is simply that we cannot dismiss Bradford as a possibility.

    I'd prefer Smith with a QBOF.
    and this is where i may have some wrong thinking...i have been against AS since it came up but i`m not against him mentoring the QBOF for a year,,,i just can`t get passed LT and riding CP 2 yrs passed his expirationn date..Smith and CP share a common bond...them and playoffs =fail
    The Big A era begins..../ends on.1/1/2018..Thanks for the memories

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    chandler AZ
    Posts
    4,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    So you say.

    Not having your crystal ball, I'll have to wait and see
    You think by some miracle Bradford can stay healthy?

    I know we cant see in the future but when you make a decision as important as this you can make some intelligent inference.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    You think by some miracle Bradford can stay healthy?

    I know we cant see in the future but when you make a decision as important as this you can make some intelligent inference.
    What year has he ever been healthy ???

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    5,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Bradford is finished. His knee is bone on bone. In his 8 year career, hes only gone 16 games twice. And he's been IR'd for 5 straight years.
    Good stat research. Most board members probably didn't know SB's IR history. Add me to the list. We do know about his poor game day durability since joining the Rams.

    Is SB a knee replacement candidate? I'm not aware of any footballer at any level going thru total knee replacement and returning to the sport scene. Here with some light reading on the topic:

    https://www.medicinenet.com/total_kn...nt/article.htm

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Verde Valley
    Posts
    7,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    Good stat research. Most board members probably didn't know SB's IR history. Add me to the list. We do know about his poor game day durability since joining the Rams.

    Is SB a knee replacement candidate? I'm not aware of any footballer at any level going thru total knee replacement and returning to the sport scene. Here with some light reading on the topic:

    https://www.medicinenet.com/total_kn...nt/article.htm
    Not a chance .....They tell me my Masonry Trade is to rough and tumble for Knee replacement...and i almost never have a 300 pounder tackle me
    The Big A era begins..../ends on.1/1/2018..Thanks for the memories

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    5,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    Not a chance .....They tell me my Masonry Trade is to rough and tumble for Knee replacement...and i almost never have a 300 pounder tackle me
    Good enough for Elk hunting though ;-).

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Verde Valley
    Posts
    7,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    Good enough for Elk hunting though ;-).
    I actually did have an 700 pounder tackle me...that was good for a new shoulder...but they said i could never do that again either..
    The Big A era begins..../ends on.1/1/2018..Thanks for the memories

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •