View Poll Results: Which players to let go?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • CB Justin Bethel

    41 70.69%
  • SS Tyvon Branch

    10 17.24%
  • QB Drew Stanton

    41 70.69%
  • WR Jaron Brown

    14 24.14%
  • WR John Brown

    36 62.07%
  • RB Kerwynn Williams

    4 6.90%
  • ILB Karlos Dansby

    33 56.90%
  • CB Tramon Williams

    3 5.17%
  • G Alex Boone

    10 17.24%
  • RT Earl Watford

    11 18.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Cut Him or Keep Him Poll

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    In many cases, it depends on cap space. I mean, if Earl Watford is willing to play on a one-year minimum salary deal, why not have him as a back up? If Bethel was willing to come back on a One year prove it deal , as a special team are, why wouldn’t you want him? Kerwin? Why not? It’s not like you have to pay them a bunch of money and he can be a back up . Branch? Have to consider the injury prone thing, but he played very well this year , so what is the Hit to keep him or to cut him? It depends on who’s available for replacement as well. Boone? Sure on cheap deal if Iupati is not back, or if Boone will play RG, but only if there’s not a better option available in free agency just as cheap. Dansby? Move on, get younger.

    Most of the decisions to keep, Cut, will re-sign these guys, will be tied to many other factors like who else is available? Could the money be used at a different position? Etc. etc.
    Bethel needs to go just because they will find a time where they think it's ok to stick him in a dime package or replace an injured player and he will get burned like always. You'll have plenty of special teams players after the draft.
    Last edited by boomer719; 01-04-2018 at 08:41 AM.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Melbourne. Australia
    Posts
    9,574

    Default

    They can all go.

    Surely Dansby is ready to cut and run again for one last pay check?
    The Plummer/Stone/Kasper/Mackovicka/Shipp/Biesel/Tillman Fan Club

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,294

    Default

    The 3 people who voted for Tramon Williams should get their ears bit by mike Tyson.



    Tramon is arguably the best #2 CB we've ever had (at least for 1 season). Thats saying something.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    The 3 people who voted for Tramon Williams should get their ears bit by mike Tyson.



    Tramon is arguably the best #2 CB we've ever had (at least for 1 season). Thats saying something.
    31 people want Drew Stanton back! I dont think it matters at this point. Has Stanton played in any other system outside of Arians?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Beavers View Post
    31 people want Drew Stanton back! I dont think it matters at this point. Has Stanton played in any other system outside of Arians?
    I don't see what Drew Stanton has done to upset so many people. He has been a very good backup for the Cardinals, his record as a starter is up there with any backup in the league, he has apparently been a fantastic teammate and by all accounts he is a really decent guy.

    The whole notion of bashing Stanton is puerile. He has gone, he most likely won't be back but he has been a fantastic servant to this organisation.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I don't see what Drew Stanton has done to upset so many people. He has been a very good backup for the Cardinals, his record as a starter is up there with any backup in the league, he has apparently been a fantastic teammate and by all accounts he is a really decent guy.

    The whole notion of bashing Stanton is puerile. He has gone, he most likely won't be back but he has been a fantastic servant to this organisation.
    Agreed but I was referring to the people who wanted Drew Back before Tramon. The Cardinals literally now have a No. 2 CB opposite of PP 21. One less position to worry about.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Beavers View Post
    Agreed but I was referring to the people who wanted Drew Back before Tramon. The Cardinals literally now have a No. 2 CB opposite of PP 21. One less position to worry about.
    Apologies, I took your comment out of context.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    7,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Beavers View Post
    31 people want Drew Stanton back! I dont think it matters at this point. Has Stanton played in any other system outside of Arians?
    Thatís 31, now 32, who want to let him go. Hope you didnít vote for guys you want to keep!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,598

    Default

    Where's Badger on the list?

    $19 million for a guy who's essentially a nickel corner
    Owner

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinals View Post
    Where's Badger on the list?

    $19 million for a guy who's essentially a nickel corner
    Who are you going to bring in at FS that's younger/cheaper than the $5M you save by cutting Mathieu?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •