Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fully Rebuilding Mode or????

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    I understand that. Making the hard decisions is what separates Belichick from SK. But I guess the great Tom Brady is off limits. So Fitz is our Tom Brady
    Fitz is one of the top 5 WR this year, why you would move him? Fitz will stop playing if he does feel his time is come to let the game go. That said, I think for one year Fitz has now enough goals stats wise, after that, we would need to be real contender for a SB run to get him back. Even if Fitz declines to 500-700 yards a year, that would put him in the top 50-70 WR and that is a good #2 WR still so no Fitz isn't done and many of the top 50 get what he gets.

So Fitz isn't our Brady, Fitz is our Fitz and the guy that helped to put this franchise on a different level. We aren't the Brown type of franchise anymore. For that Fitz can and should stay as long as he wants.

cardinals Nice dream:)

Quote Originally Posted by vesely22 View Post
    Wouldnít it be poetic if we got the other Manning (Eli) and the team stayed healthy throughout 2018 to win the SB in 2019?

I donít think a rebuild is necessary. A few parts here and there with a healthy team would get us to the playoffs.
    What a nice dream, ahhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by wit3card View Post
    Fitz is one of the top 5 WR this year, why you would move him? Fitz will stop playing if he does feel his time is come to let the game go. That said, I think for one year Fitz has now enough goals stats wise, after that, we would need to be real contender for a SB run to get him back. Even if Fitz declines to 500-700 yards a year, that would put him in the top 50-70 WR and that is a good #2 WR still so no Fitz isn't done and many of the top 50 get what he gets.

So Fitz isn't our Brady, Fitz is our Fitz and the guy that helped to put this franchise on a different level. We aren't the Brown type of franchise anymore. For that Fitz can and should stay as long as he wants.
    He carries a 16.8 million dollar cap hit next year. He's still a great possession WR but I wouldn't say he is a major chunk yardage weapon anymore. I wouldn't call him top 5 today but I can see the argument. The reality is Larry catches a ton of balls because nobody else on the team can. I think we need him next year only because we don't have another quality WR on the team with the possible exception of John Brown, who's health and ability to stay on the field is a huge question mark. If we actually had some decent WR I wouldn't want to pay a 16.8 million dollar cap hit for Fitz next year. Since we don't I don't see this as a big deal one way or another.

If he comes back and if he catches another 100 balls, I suspect it's because we lack weapons and a quality 2nd WR and QB.

With out knowing who the QB will be for the coming season it's a full rebuild mode. Sure we have some players that are good. What we don't have is anyone on either the or D line that is special. We don't have anyone on the O or D line in the top 8 at their position. We need a difference maker on the D line and at least 2 very good players on the O line. Probably more like 3 on the O line.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    With out knowing who the QB will be for the coming season it's a full rebuild mode. Sure we have some players that are good. What we don't have is anyone on either the or D line that is special. We don't have anyone on the O or D line in the top 8 at their position. We need a difference maker on the D line and at least 2 very good players on the O line. Probably more like 3 on the O line.
    Cardinals are in a tough position, as we need help all over the place.

-Head Coach
    -Several Quarterbacks
    -WR, especially if Fitz retires
    -O-Line
    -Branch and Williams are free agents
    -Tight End

Quote Originally Posted by Espnjunkie View Post
    Cardinals are in a tough position, as we need help all over the place.

-Head Coach
    -Several Quarterbacks
    -WR, especially if Fitz retires
    -O-Line
    -Branch and Williams are free agents
    -Tight End
    This shows what it is for the Cardinals in 2018. Full rebuild mode for the offense, but not for the defense.

The only critical pieces of the offense to long term success are David Johnson and DJ Humphries. Thatís it. Fitz would be critical to succces for a year, but that horse is about to leave the stable.

Our defense is young, talented and already successful.