Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Fully Rebuilding Mode or????

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Wouldnít it be poetic if we got the other Manning (Eli) and the team stayed healthy throughout 2018 to win the SB in 2019?

    I donít think a rebuild is necessary. A few parts here and there with a healthy team would get us to the playoffs.
    "Rise UP and Be Heard!"

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Prescott
    Posts
    1,422

    Default

    Did anyone watch Eli play against us? I can't believe you would consider him a viable alternative. He has been hit way too many times. The Chiefs are in CAP hell with 30 mill tied up in 2 linebackers. They are going to be forced to deal Alex Smith and go with Mahomes. Alex is certainly no HOFer and he represents a 17 mill cap hit next year, but he could be the bridge to enable us to develop the QB we pick in the first round. It seems like Cousins is perceived as the prize QB this off season. His stats and Alex's are very comparable. We should move David Johnson out to WR, with him and Fitz to throw to, Alex could be very effective. Of course, I don't know what we would have to give up for Alex. If Jimmy G was worth a second surely Alex is worth no more that a late 3rd.
    Last edited by The Curmudgeon; 01-06-2018 at 09:40 AM. Reason: correct error

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Curmudgeon View Post
    Did anyone watch Eli play against us? I can't believe you would consider him a viable alternative. He has been hit way too many times. The Chiefs are in CAP hell with 30 mill tied up in 2 linebackers. They are going to be forced to deal Alex Smith and go with Mahomes. Alex is certainly no HOFer and he represents a 17 mill cap hit next year, but he could be the bridge to enable us to develop the QB we pick in the first round. It seems like Cousins is perceived as the prize QB this off season. His stats and Alex's are very comparable. We should move David Johnson out to WR, with him and Fitz to throw to, Alex could be very effective. Of course, I don't know what we would have to give up for Alex. If Jimmy G was worth a second surely Alex is worth no more that a late 3rd.
    I'd rather have Eli. Tough as nails, guts and has proven he can play a 19 game season.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Curmudgeon View Post
    Did anyone watch Eli play against us? I can't believe you would consider him a viable alternative. He has been hit way too many times. The Chiefs are in CAP hell with 30 mill tied up in 2 linebackers. They are going to be forced to deal Alex Smith and go with Mahomes. Alex is certainly no HOFer and he represents a 17 mill cap hit next year, but he could be the bridge to enable us to develop the QB we pick in the first round. It seems like Cousins is perceived as the prize QB this off season. His stats and Alex's are very comparable. We should move David Johnson out to WR, with him and Fitz to throw to, Alex could be very effective. Of course, I don't know what we would have to give up for Alex. If Jimmy G was worth a second surely Alex is worth no more that a late 3rd.
    No need to move David Johnson anywhere but where he is now. He will get his receiving touches. If he does not it will be because the New HC is blind to what David has done, and make that HC a fool in the process.

    JosEPh

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    260

    Default

    I love your excitement and wish Eli manning could lead the Cards to the superbowl. I think manning still has a few years left, however i think our bad offensive line would get him killed

    Quote Originally Posted by vesely22 View Post
    Wouldnít it be poetic if we got the other Manning (Eli) and the team stayed healthy throughout 2018 to win the SB in 2019?

    I donít think a rebuild is necessary. A few parts here and there with a healthy team would get us to the playoffs.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    7,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Curmudgeon View Post
    Did anyone watch Eli play against us? I can't believe you would consider him a viable alternative. He has been hit way too many times. The Chiefs are in CAP hell with 30 mill tied up in 2 linebackers. They are going to be forced to deal Alex Smith and go with Mahomes. Alex is certainly no HOFer and he represents a 17 mill cap hit next year, but he could be the bridge to enable us to develop the QB we pick in the first round. It seems like Cousins is perceived as the prize QB this off season. His stats and Alex's are very comparable. We should move David Johnson out to WR, with him and Fitz to throw to, Alex could be very effective. Of course, I don't know what we would have to give up for Alex. If Jimmy G was worth a second surely Alex is worth no more that a late 3rd.
    A Smith had better numbers than Cousins but also better weapons and Oline. Cousins game by game average stats are actually close to Keenumís this year, who could be had for far cheaper as a bridge QB. Smith might be good as a short term QB while we develop our Oline and an NFL class running game and develop a young QB. Kind of what KC did last year. Then add weapons and expand the offense for the young guy. Smith would be great handing off and making short to mid-distance passes to Larry and DJ, our best offensive weapons.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardsfan81 View Post
    I love your excitement and wish Eli manning could lead the Cards to the superbowl. I think manning still has a few years left, however i think our bad offensive line would get him killed
    That is where the few changes come into play. Sign a veteran OL and stay healthy. Manning can do better than manage a game and our defense is strong enough to keep us in each game.
    "Rise UP and Be Heard!"

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    4,352

    Default

    To the Op's title and ?, if Fitz retires too it will be a full Rebuild. Something I did not think the Cardinals would ever have to do.....again.

    JosEPh

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,777

    Default

    A decision needs to be made on Fitz, you can't keep kicking the can down the road for him. Sorry to say but a Superbowl in Az for Fitz is never going to happen. What would Belichick do? And yes, I'm aware that even the great Bill Belichick got hoodwinked by his owner and QB.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Verde Valley
    Posts
    7,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    A decision needs to be made on Fitz, you can't keep kicking the can down the road for him. Sorry to say but a Superbowl in Az for Fitz is never going to happen. What would Belichick do? And yes, I'm aware that even the great Bill Belichick got hoodwinked by his owner and QB.
    Bidwill is not running Fitz out of town..so you might as well forget it....he may leave on his own..but ran out..........never ...no matter what BB would do
    The Wilks era begin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •