Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fully Rebuilding Mode or????

I think the cards are in full rebuild mode. We have no QB now need a whole new offensive line and a WR or two. The first round they need to trade up to get either Mayfield, Jackson or allen. Whatever picks are left have to take offensive linemen. In free agency focus on offensive line and a WR or two. I would also try to bring in a veteran QB so were not throwing in a rookie QB into a bad situation. 2018 will be a tough season but if they draft our QBOF we can build around him.

Wouldnít it be poetic if we got the other Manning (Eli) and the team stayed healthy throughout 2018 to win the SB in 2019?

I donít think a rebuild is necessary. A few parts here and there with a healthy team would get us to the playoffs.
    "Rise UP and Be Heard!"

Did anyone watch Eli play against us? I can't believe you would consider him a viable alternative. He has been hit way too many times. The Chiefs are in CAP hell with 30 mill tied up in 2 linebackers. They are going to be forced to deal Alex Smith and go with Mahomes. Alex is certainly no HOFer and he represents a 17 mill cap hit next year, but he could be the bridge to enable us to develop the QB we pick in the first round. It seems like Cousins is perceived as the prize QB this off season. His stats and Alex's are very comparable. We should move David Johnson out to WR, with him and Fitz to throw to, Alex could be very effective. Of course, I don't know what we would have to give up for Alex. If Jimmy G was worth a second surely Alex is worth no more that a late 3rd.
    Last edited by The Curmudgeon; 01-06-2018 at 10:40 AM. Reason: correct error

Quote Originally Posted by The Curmudgeon View Post
    Did anyone watch Eli play against us? I can't believe you would consider him a viable alternative. He has been hit way too many times. The Chiefs are in CAP hell with 30 mill tied up in 2 linebackers. They are going to be forced to deal Alex Smith and go with Mahomes. Alex is certainly no HOFer and he represents a 17 mill cap hit next year, but he could be the bridge to enable us to develop the QB we pick in the first round. It seems like Cousins is perceived as the prize QB this off season. His stats and Alex's are very comparable. We should move David Johnson out to WR, with him and Fitz to throw to, Alex could be very effective. Of course, I don't know what we would have to give up for Alex. If Jimmy G was worth a second surely Alex is worth no more that a late 3rd.
    I'd rather have Eli. Tough as nails, guts and has proven he can play a 19 game season.

I love your excitement and wish Eli manning could lead the Cards to the superbowl. I think manning still has a few years left, however i think our bad offensive line would get him killed

Quote Originally Posted by vesely22 View Post
    Wouldnít it be poetic if we got the other Manning (Eli) and the team stayed healthy throughout 2018 to win the SB in 2019?

I donít think a rebuild is necessary. A few parts here and there with a healthy team would get us to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Curmudgeon View Post
    A Smith had better numbers than Cousins but also better weapons and Oline. Cousins game by game average stats are actually close to Keenumís this year, who could be had for far cheaper as a bridge QB. Smith might be good as a short term QB while we develop our Oline and an NFL class running game and develop a young QB. Kind of what KC did last year. Then add weapons and expand the offense for the young guy. Smith would be great handing off and making short to mid-distance passes to Larry and DJ, our best offensive weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardsfan81 View Post
    I love your excitement and wish Eli manning could lead the Cards to the superbowl. I think manning still has a few years left, however i think our bad offensive line would get him killed
    That is where the few changes come into play. Sign a veteran OL and stay healthy. Manning can do better than manage a game and our defense is strong enough to keep us in each game.
    "Rise UP and Be Heard!"

A decision needs to be made on Fitz, you can't keep kicking the can down the road for him. Sorry to say but a Superbowl in Az for Fitz is never going to happen. What would Belichick do? And yes, I'm aware that even the great Bill Belichick got hoodwinked by his owner and QB.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    A decision needs to be made on Fitz, you can't keep kicking the can down the road for him. Sorry to say but a Superbowl in Az for Fitz is never going to happen. What would Belichick do? And yes, I'm aware that even the great Bill Belichick got hoodwinked by his owner and QB.
    Bidwill is not running Fitz out of town..so you might as well forget it....he may leave on his own..but ran out..........never ...no matter what BB would do
    The Big A era begins..../ends on.1/1/2018..Thanks for the memories

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    Bidwill is not running Fitz out of town..so you might as well forget it....he may leave on his own..but ran out..........never ...no matter what BB would do
    I understand that. Making the hard decisions is what separates Belichick from SK. But I guess the great Tom Brady is off limits. So Fitz is our Tom Brady