How much cap room are we looking at?
    Our cap space after Planer retires is 31.3 million

with claw backs might be a little bit more roster bonus

Quote Originally Posted by FLCardinalFan View Post
    Our cap space after Planer retires is 31.3 million
    that wasnt even close

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    that wasnt even close
    Jarvis Landry is one or the best wrs in the NFL, I think he is the youngest player to a bunch of NFL records without a great qb. I'd pay him cause he's a sure thing

https://overthecap.com/calculator/arizona-cardinals/

With Palmers retirement, we'd have 29.9M in cap space. I'd look to cut the following players:
    Iupati
    Veldheer
    AP
    Dawson (even tho he finished strong, he'd be one of the most expensive kickers, so maybe restructure)
    Mauro (graded out poorly according to PFF, not worth 3M, replaceable)
    Bethea (was a BA guy, who'll be 34, MJD said on NFLN that he came to AZ for BA and he said that he would retire "Antoine was able to finish his career in Arizona"
    Shipley (took a step back this season; another BA guy; would like to see what Boehm or Tuerk have-3rd, 4th round picks in 2015)

that would give us 57.8M in cap space; i'd also look to restructure Mathieu's contract/get him to take a pay cut.

With the cap space, priority #1 for me would be Andrew Norwell who will probably get 11-12M per season on a 5 yr deal. If they miss out on Norwell, I'd go Fulton who has the versatility to play both guard spots and center.

If Fitz were to retire/want to go to a contender (back home to the Vikings?) that'd open up another 11M and i'd absolutely go after Landry, he's such a reliable target who'd really help a young QB; doesn't drop anything, just like #11.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFitz4Ever View Post

With Palmers retirement, we'd have 29.9M in cap space. I'd look to cut the following players:
    Iupati
    Veldheer
    AP
    Dawson (even tho he finished strong, he'd be one of the most expensive kickers, so maybe restructure)
    Bethea (was a BA guy, who'll be 34, MJD said on NFLN that he came to AZ for BA and he said that he would retire "Antoine was able to finish his career in Arizona"
    Shipley (took a step back this season; another BA guy; would like to see what Boehm or Tuerk have-3rd, 4th round picks in 2015)

that would give us 57.8M in cap space; i'd also look to restructure Mathieu's contract/get him to take a pay cut.

With the cap space, priority #1 for me would be Andrew Norwell who will probably get 11-12M per season on a 5 yr deal. If they miss out on Norwell, I'd go Fulton who has the versatility to play both guard spots and center.

If Fitz were to retire/want to go to a contender (back home to the Vikings?) that'd open up another 11M and i'd absolutely go after Landry, he's such a reliable target who'd really help a young QB; doesn't drop anything, just like #11.

Keep Shipley and Veldheer.

Im all for retooling this team, but we have so many needs that we shouldnt try to create additional needs by cutting sufficient starters.

Let focus on both G spots, QB and WRs this year. Once those are filled, then in 2019 we can look at C and RT.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFitz4Ever View Post

Iupati
    Veldheer
    AP

I originally wanted to cut Veldheer but he played well before he got hurt. Took him awhile to get used to RT and he is committed to playing. He can flip back to LT in case of an injury and might just be worth keeping around.

Also in the mix at center is Munyer. Kind of like Olson Pierre the year before they saw something they liked and kept him around.

I think the whole board agrees with Norwell and that might be a first.

Im also a fan of Landry, not sure they will have the money for that.

Keep Shipley and Veldheer.

Im all for retooling this team, but we have so many needs that we shouldnt try to create additional needs by cutting sufficient starters.

Let focus on both G spots, QB and WRs this year. Once those are filled, then in 2019 we can look at C and RT.
    Veldheer is making too much $ to keep him at that price. He either needs to take a substantial pay cut or be cut because the production doesn't match the contract anymore. The major holes on this team IMO are #2 WR, QB, G. #2 is up there, but i'd like to see Tramon resigned, he was great. Other smaller needs are an upgrade at RT, a new TE with Gresham's achillies (tho RSJ is nice). By cutting Veldheer, it gives us more cap space to get a guy like Norwell who would be a huge addition to the OL. If they can create around 50 mil in cap space, they can knock out a few needs and still have the draft, where luckily we're loaded with a few extra picks

Quote Originally Posted by JosEPh_II View Post
    $6.5 Mil next year. That is Not too much for a starting T who can play either side.

JosEPh
    I think veldheers contact is reasonable. I also would give iupati another shot He has been our best olineman when healthy. We are going to need to run the ball until the QB situation is finalized. And iupati is great at that. Hes a 4 time probolwler and 1st and 2nd team all pro winner. Dude can crush people.

We could still go after norwell, but im sure the pathers will tyr to keep him. I like the center Ragnow from Arkansas in the draft, Also, the is a guard to had to transfer form LSU due to academics name Mhea tehuma, who is also a monster earth move seems to be a 3rd round pick in mock. He opened holes for fournette a couple years ago. Humphries, iupati, Shipley or ragnow, tehuma, veldheer. KEep the 1-2 punch of DJ and Peterson. Smash mouth football.

that wasnt even close
    Planer = Palmer sp chk

Too many Cheetos!

Hard to type with Two in your mouth and cheese on your fingers LOL
    Last edited by FLCardinalFan; 01-07-2018 at 10:39 AM.