Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith Availability

By the way my first choice is Cousins but I would be fine with either one.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    What is stopping Arizona from doing that in the meantime,we need a Qb.
    We have been doing meantime for to many years. Go all in and use the smith/old vet money to help your young QB. I get what you are saying but just reading meantime anymore makes me sick.

Hey, disagree if you want. I'm much more interested in getting a known solid performer who can take us to the playoffs while a youngster that we get at our price learns than mortgaging the future to trade up for someone who may not do squat.

Give away 3 or 4 number 1s and some 2s to go get a kid who didn't even dominate in college....that's what is available.

Being wrong that way is much more expensive in the long run than being wrong my way.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    Meanwhile Smith is about to gag another playoff game away.

You can't put that all on Alex. He's played very well even when critics started counting him out in favor of the rookie, and he still help lead them to postseason winning their last six games. QB can only do so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill11 View Post
    We have been doing meantime for to many years. Go all in and use the smith/old vet money to help your young QB. I get what you are saying but just reading meantime anymore makes me sick.
    I have seen some pretty bad Qb's win SB's and Smith is much better then the bad Qb's that won it. The price just got much better for Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    Apparently we are watching two different games lol. Did you see how many good throws he made and guys dropped the ball. The Qb can't catch it for them.
    Smith had the leading rusher in the league, the best tightend, and a very good receiver and just exited the playoff in the first round at home.

He ainít the guy.
    Still searching for our QBOF.

Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post
    Hey, disagree if you want. I'm much more interested in getting a known solid performer who can take us to the playoffs while a youngster that we get at our price learns than mortgaging the future to trade up for someone who may not do squat.

Give away 3 or 4 number 1s and some 2s to go get a kid who didn't even dominate in college....that's what is available.

Being wrong that way is much more expensive in the long run than being wrong my way.
    Bravo !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by biggs View Post
    marriota can
    lol!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OJ Anderson View Post

I'd much rather gamble on a guy and see than give away valuable picks on a player like a Smith who I know for sure can't lead me there. There's a reason the 9ers and now Chiefs have had zero issues moving on from the man, it's games like this.

Quote Originally Posted by native az View Post
    Smith had the leading rusher in the league, the best tightend, and a very good receiver and just exited the playoff in the first round at home.

He ainít the guy.
    I had the RB on my fantasy team when the oline got banged up they started losing and I had to bench the kid and I took him off the bench when they started running the ball again and that happened when the oline got healthy. the best TE went out and they stopped dominating. His best Wr drpped 3 or 4 key passes. I hope SK still drafts a young Qb but I want him to go get a guy that can lead this team.