Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patrick Peterson not Happy about Pro Bowl/links

Have not watched a Pro bowl in 20 Years
    The Big A era begins..../ends on.1/1/2018..Thanks for the memories

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    He should be. PP is the only CB in the NFL (so approximately 96 total. 32 x 3 CBs per team) to shadow the #1 WR all game. Only guy. 1 of 96.

And hes penalized for having so few INTs. The reason he has no INTs is because the opposing QB never throws at him. Arguably the greatest stat a CB can possibly have.

At the end of the day he will be in the HOF, but still, he has a right to be angry.
    Marshon Lattimore, the Saints Rookie does this. Has done since mid season and has been lights out. Obv PP does it all year. PP might have to sulk a bit more once the media latch on to Lattimore.
    Logan Woodside is not a day three pick, he is the best QB in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    He should be. PP is the only CB in the NFL (so approximately 96 total. 32 x 3 CBs per team) to shadow the #1 WR all game. Only guy. 1 of 96.

And hes penalized for having so few INTs. The reason he has no INTs is because the opposing QB never throws at him. Arguably the greatest stat a CB can possibly have.

At the end of the day he will be in the HOF, but still, he has a right to be angry.
    What other CB on the Cardinals is going to cover the No. 1 WR of another team? We have had a glaring problem at the 2 spot for most of the year doesn't make that fact anything special. Other defenses mix their coverages doesn't make our DC a genius. PP is a great player that doesn't mean there aren't other great CB's who had great years and in a team sport have gotten more attention and recognition. We have played a schedule without a lot of great WR/QB combinations also plays into it. Goff and Wenz destroyed our D.

PP is a great player. When you play on a bad team and you don't face the top competition every week because you play a weak schedule all plays into it.
    Last edited by Biggs; 01-08-2018 at 06:40 AM.

cardinals I think

I think there should be all stars or pro bowl, but I think it should be flag football.
    I think that would be more fun for the players...be like watching some playground football

It's always about the $$$. Most players get extra money for making Pro-Bowl, any Player of the Year honor, All Pro status etc. I can understand pride and hurt feelings he has about not making All Pro, but at some point he needs to stop before he hits send. Sometimes it comes out as being too much about "me". Yes, I know he travels with the top receivers, but he also doesn't always make the plays he should either. He was on the field (special teams) during the kick-off run back and didn't look like he was going all out to get the guy to the ground and sometimes he pushes/shoves opposing players rather than tackling them. Just saying...

Default Spoiled Rotten

Here's an idea to sooth hurt feelings and avoid all injuries.

Select eligible All-Pro Football players after the last game of the regular season.

Season ticket holders only get to vote. Only one vote per personal seat license (PSL).

All-Pro selectees are announced the weekend prior to the Super Bowl. Maybe have a big party too.

Players get gold football trophies and a warm handshake from the Commish!

No Pro Bowl football game.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post

Select eligible All-Pro Football players after the last game of the regular season.

Season ticket holders only get to vote. Only one vote per personal seat license (PSL).

All-Pro selectees are announced the weekend prior to the Super Bowl. Maybe have a big party too.

works for me
    The Big A era begins..../ends on.1/1/2018..Thanks for the memories

You can't compete with the big stadiums. Dallas, New York, etc. You might not ever see a Cardinal again.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterike View Post
    You can't compete with the big stadiums. Dallas, New York, etc. You might not ever see a Cardinal again.
    The point was that the Pro Bowl has outlived its usefulness, to aggrandize the new NFL merger and to grow fan interest. I'd continue the All Pro selections of course. We need to honor our heros.

Default I agree

The point was that the Pro Bowl has outlived its usefulness, to aggrandize the new NFL merger and to grow fan interest. I'd continue the All Pro selections of course. We need to honor our heros.
    Yeah, get rid of the actual game, nobody plays hard and itís not worth the injury...
    Just honor the all stars another way.

*i donít watch the pro bowl either cause itís just not worth it, itís like celebrity house party or something silly and I wouldnít want anyone of them to get hurt, donít want anyone to get hurt.