Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coach Bruce Arians Loyal to the End/link

Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Arians owed his loyalty, or fiduciary duty, to Mike Bidwill and by extension the team/fans. If he installed his loving wife as ST coach and she didn't perform he was obligated to fire her post haste. So in the afterglow of Arians retirement, we can't get all sentimental about how awesome he is for being loyal to a substandard coach or coaches when in reality he wasn't loyal to the people to which he owed his loyalty. Stanton as QBOF? Now that's simply an insult. Absurd, and he knows it. Just more loyalty to the wrong guy. Stanton got paid well to back up Palmer, and he is owed nothing. In the end it's too bad that Arians fell on the sword for his buddy(ies), he accomplished a lot but chose to seal his fate to fall short by his misbegotten loyalty.

BTW, for some reason the video wouldn't load for me so I took your transcript at face value. I'm certain it accurately reflects what was said.

OHB,
    Spot on assessment of the situation

We are still a good team. I just hope went dont slide into the abyss.

Quote Originally Posted by FLCardinalFan View Post
    OHB,
    Spot on assessment of the situation

We are still a good team. I just hope went dont slide into the abyss.
    I see no need to slide into the abyss, with a guy named David Johnson coming back. And that's just one guy. I'm actually kind of excited to watch this whole thing play out.

I see no need to slide into the abyss, with a guy named David Johnson coming back. And that's just one guy. I'm actually kind of excited to watch this whole thing play out.

me too I hear ya

Arians owed his loyalty, or fiduciary duty, to Mike Bidwill and by extension the team/fans. If he installed his loving wife as ST coach and she didn't perform he was obligated to fire her post haste. So in the afterglow of Arians retirement, we can't get all sentimental about how awesome he is for being loyal to a substandard coach or coaches when in reality he wasn't loyal to the people to which he owed his loyalty. Stanton as QBOF? Now that's simply an insult. Absurd, and he knows it. Just more loyalty to the wrong guy. Stanton got paid well to back up Palmer, and he is owed nothing. In the end it's too bad that Arians fell on the sword for his buddy(ies), he accomplished a lot but chose to seal his fate to fall short by his misbegotten loyalty.

BTW, for some reason the video wouldn't load for me so I took your transcript at face value. I'm certain it accurately reflects what was said.
    Good post.

He was a good coach that could have been so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by FLCardinalFan View Post
    Loyalty was the theme of this interview.

This is a very telling interview. The part about being
    worried about his assistants losing their jobs.
    He wants one of his coaches to get the HC job.
    He thinks Drew Stanton should be resigned as QOF.
    Wolfley laughs at first then goes loyal himself. (Watch the video)

These days loyalty can be good and bad. My wife
    proved to me that our loyal cell phone salesman
    was charging us too much. She did her homework
    abd I did not. I was a too much of a buddy with the guy.

Some of BA's assistants never came through
    I hope the next coach is careful with loyalty
    It makes them work hard for you but this
    can be a two edge sword with coaches and players.

http://www.azcardinals.com/videos/vi...3-9db426247d58

It's why I'm happy he's gone. I thank him but his time was up.

Great post.

Another International Headline....you were There!!!
    http://arizonasports.com/story/4340/...l-teams-coach/
    The Big A era begins..../ends on.1/1/2018..Thanks for the memories

Stanton had a 49% completion %. Like 52% lifetime. Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Red Nailer View Post
    Stanton had a 49% completion %. Like 52% lifetime. Garbage
    Yeah it's like we're supposed to believe he's worthy just because "The Quarterback Whisperer" said so. Good grief.

Yeah it's like we're supposed to believe he's worthy just because "The Quarterback Whisperer" said so. Good grief.
    What he said was we need to bring in a young QB or a vet. Then he said the first thing he would do is resign Drew. IMO he didn't say it like he was our long term QB. It was as I said IMO more of we have no one bring him back to start with first.