Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Coach Bruce Arians Loyal to the End/link

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Arians owed his loyalty, or fiduciary duty, to Mike Bidwill and by extension the team/fans. If he installed his loving wife as ST coach and she didn't perform he was obligated to fire her post haste. So in the afterglow of Arians retirement, we can't get all sentimental about how awesome he is for being loyal to a substandard coach or coaches when in reality he wasn't loyal to the people to which he owed his loyalty. Stanton as QBOF? Now that's simply an insult. Absurd, and he knows it. Just more loyalty to the wrong guy. Stanton got paid well to back up Palmer, and he is owed nothing. In the end it's too bad that Arians fell on the sword for his buddy(ies), he accomplished a lot but chose to seal his fate to fall short by his misbegotten loyalty.

    BTW, for some reason the video wouldn't load for me so I took your transcript at face value. I'm certain it accurately reflects what was said.
    Great post.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Verde Valley
    Posts
    7,881

    Default

    Another International Headline....you were There!!!
    http://arizonasports.com/story/4340/...l-teams-coach/
    The Wilks era begin

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,534

    Default

    Stanton had a 49% completion %. Like 52% lifetime. Garbage

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Nailer View Post
    Stanton had a 49% completion %. Like 52% lifetime. Garbage
    Yeah it's like we're supposed to believe he's worthy just because "The Quarterback Whisperer" said so. Good grief.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by One_Heartbeat View Post
    Yeah it's like we're supposed to believe he's worthy just because "The Quarterback Whisperer" said so. Good grief.
    What he said was we need to bring in a young QB or a vet. Then he said the first thing he would do is resign Drew. IMO he didn't say it like he was our long term QB. It was as I said IMO more of we have no one bring him back to start with first.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill11 View Post
    What he said was we need to bring in a young QB or a vet. Then he said the first thing he would do is resign Drew. IMO he didn't say it like he was our long term QB. It was as I said IMO more of we have no one bring him back to start with first.
    Fair enough. I have no idea why the video wouldn't load for me. That said, I disagree that Stanton is the one to be the bridge between Palmer and the next starting QB.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill11 View Post
    What he said was we need to bring in a young QB or a vet. Then he said the first thing he would do is resign Drew. IMO he didn't say it like he was our long term QB. It was as I said IMO more of we have no one bring him back to start with first.


    You are right in that he didn't say outright that Drew Stanton was the QBOF.
    but that would make him the only QB on the roster thus the QBOF designation.
    Its funny though, He said that it would be" the first thing he would do"
    That is the first thing BA did when he got the job. He signed DS.
    Then thankfully, Carson Palmer came along.

    I'm watching The Saints play. One thing I see not by just Drew Brees but he and his
    receivers make sure they are over the first down marker when needed. DS and BG were
    lacking in that ability.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLCardinalFan View Post
    You are right in that he didn't say outright that Drew Stanton was the QBOF.
    but that would make him the only QB on the roster thus the QBOF designation.
    Its funny though, He said that it would be" the first thing he would do"
    That is the first thing BA did when he got the job. He signed DS.
    Then thankfully, Carson Palmer came along.

    I'm watching The Saints play. One thing I see not by just Drew Brees but he and his
    receivers make sure they are over the first down marker when needed. DS and BG were
    lacking in that ability.
    The last thing I want to do is defend BA. I believe the premise of the thread is spot on. He is loyal to a fault and I wont miss him for that reason. It's to bad he could have done a much better job. Still Drew was the after thought not the first thought. That tells me keep the back up we have first and go from there.

    Watching the Saints Wide receivers and Bress work was a thing of beauty. They knew if the DB was on one shoulder the ball would hit the other.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLCardinalFan View Post
    He thinks Drew Stanton should be resigned as QOF.


    So BA is perfectly happy to have Stanton as starting QB....as long as his butt isnt on the line anymore. lol. Very telling.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,078

    Default

    Oof, just finished the video.


    Wow.....so the assistant coaches found out about his retirement when he announced it to the team after the game......

    uh....you dont think they needed a heads up? Does BA not understand that when a headcoach leaves, that means all his assistants usually get replaced too with the new HC.




    So when BA announced his retirement, he was also announcing to all his assistant coaches they all just lost their jobs. Not cool.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •