Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coach Bruce Arians Loyal to the End/link

Quote Originally Posted by Bill11 View Post
    What he said was we need to bring in a young QB or a vet. Then he said the first thing he would do is resign Drew. IMO he didn't say it like he was our long term QB. It was as I said IMO more of we have no one bring him back to start with first.
    Fair enough. I have no idea why the video wouldn't load for me. That said, I disagree that Stanton is the one to be the bridge between Palmer and the next starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill11 View Post
    What he said was we need to bring in a young QB or a vet. Then he said the first thing he would do is resign Drew. IMO he didn't say it like he was our long term QB. It was as I said IMO more of we have no one bring him back to start with first.

You are right in that he didn't say outright that Drew Stanton was the QBOF.
    but that would make him the only QB on the roster thus the QBOF designation.
    Its funny though, He said that it would be" the first thing he would do"
    That is the first thing BA did when he got the job. He signed DS.
    Then thankfully, Carson Palmer came along.

I'm watching The Saints play. One thing I see not by just Drew Brees but he and his
    receivers make sure they are over the first down marker when needed. DS and BG were
    lacking in that ability.

Quote Originally Posted by FLCardinalFan View Post
    You are right in that he didn't say outright that Drew Stanton was the QBOF.
    but that would make him the only QB on the roster thus the QBOF designation.
    Its funny though, He said that it would be" the first thing he would do"
    That is the first thing BA did when he got the job. He signed DS.
    Then thankfully, Carson Palmer came along.

I'm watching The Saints play. One thing I see not by just Drew Brees but he and his
    receivers make sure they are over the first down marker when needed. DS and BG were
    lacking in that ability.
    The last thing I want to do is defend BA. I believe the premise of the thread is spot on. He is loyal to a fault and I wont miss him for that reason. It's to bad he could have done a much better job. Still Drew was the after thought not the first thought. That tells me keep the back up we have first and go from there.

Watching the Saints Wide receivers and Bress work was a thing of beauty. They knew if the DB was on one shoulder the ball would hit the other.

Quote Originally Posted by FLCardinalFan View Post
    He thinks Drew Stanton should be resigned as QOF.

So BA is perfectly happy to have Stanton as starting QB....as long as his butt isnt on the line anymore. lol. Very telling.

Oof, just finished the video.

Wow.....so the assistant coaches found out about his retirement when he announced it to the team after the game......

uh....you dont think they needed a heads up? Does BA not understand that when a headcoach leaves, that means all his assistants usually get replaced too with the new HC.

So when BA announced his retirement, he was also announcing to all his assistant coaches they all just lost their jobs. Not cool.