Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Case Keenum End Up With the Cardinals?

Default Could Case Keenum End Up With the Cardinals?

Maybe some of you have seen the rumor. If Vikes OC Pat Shurmur gets the right kind of head coaching job, he would like to bring Case Keenum with him. My understanding is the Cardinals would fit Shurmur's thinking. He wants a solid team that's playoff ready but needs a quarterback. I have to admit it's pretty intriguing, Keenum has played extremely well for Minny. Good accuracy, not a lot of picks. He is a top 10 qb in the NFL the way he is playing.

Keenum is playing on a one year 2 million dollar deal. Everyone is sure the Vikings will sign him. I admit they probably will even if it means tagging him. That wouldn't prevent a team like the Cardinals from trading for him.

A combo of Shurmur and Keenum would appear to move the offense in the right direction. A healthy David Johnson, Fitz comes back, and we bring in some new blood at wide receiver, we are in good shape. I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks of this potential match.
    "It's not a lie if you believe it."
    George Castanza

MINN has a huge QB question to answer in the off-season. Case Keenum, 29yo (Starter, playoffs). Teddy Bridgewater, 25yo (Knee issue resolved. Reactivated Dec '17). Sam Bradford, 30yo (Knee is not resolved. IR since Sep '17?). Bradford is certainly on the X now and could be done with the NFL if not medically fit. Bridgewater could move on if Keenum takes MINN deep into the playoffs...and Keenum can certainly do it with that awesome MINN O and D.

Shurmur (OC) will likely move on to a HC job soon, may to ARI, or maybe to any of the other 4-6 HC hungry teams.

Would a MINN starting QB such as Kenenum or Bridgewater follow Shurmur to the next NFL lockerroom? I don't think it works quite that way, but for the sake of argument, sure, HC coattails could happen for a QB. I'm not aware of a contemporary example of a new HC bringing along his starting QB.

And don't forget Keim. He gets a vote. The FO vision for the team has to sync with the HC style.

Red face

Folks say the jury is still out on Case. I want them eliminated so we can hurry. Lol
    "It's OUR Time"

If he performs well they could tag him but yeah they will tag one of the Qb's and let the other two walk. Teddy was ok and did well in Shurmur's system but that was a major injury. I imagine they want Keenum to continue performing.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbirdfan62 View Post
    If he performs well they could tag him but yeah they will tag one of the Qb's and let the other two walk. Teddy was ok and did well in Shurmur's system but that was a major injury. I imagine they want Keenum to continue performing.
    I would rather take my chances with TB if we could get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    I would rather take my chances with TB if we could get him.
    Barring a trade or surprise signing of a guy like Cousins (not likely) I think the Cardinals will end up with with Keenum/Bridgewater/Bradford

Major props for his outstanding season.

But I wouldn't touch him. This season was as flukey as can be. Remember, Nick Foles had one of these too. And it was even better than Keenums. Its an absolute aberration.

Right now the ratio is stacked 4 bad seasons vs 1 good season. Needs to even that out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Espnjunkie View Post
    Barring a trade or surprise signing of a guy like Cousins (not likely) I think the Cardinals will end up with with Keenum/Bridgewater/Bradford
    Out of the three, I think Bridgewater might actually be a good long term option.

Id be fine with Teddy. Loved him in the draft. Super accurate passer, which is always my #1 QB criteria.

Wont be a mega deal. Would be in the mid-teens. $15 mill. 2-3 years.

Of those three i would chose Teddy. I would still, want to draft a QB though, and the best prospect we can get in the 1st round. Go offense the rest of the draft like a good WR if he is in there somewhere, unless a great CB is there.Get some good players in free agency.
    We need a QB of the future NOW!