Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Case Keenum End Up With the Cardinals?

will wait to see how Keenum reacts to playoff football....it's all that matters
    The Big A era begins..../ends on.1/1/2018..Thanks for the memories

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    will wait to see how Keenum reacts to playoff football....it's all that matters
    I think pretty well. this kid has a lot more moxie then Alex Smith. Smith is probably more talented and is a good QB.

rich gannon became a pro bowler after age of 30. Keenum is 29. It's not out of the realm that this guy can thrive at a high level.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    I think pretty well. this kid has a lot more moxie then Alex Smith. Smith is probably more talented and is a good QB.

rich gannon became a pro bowler after age of 30. Keenum is 29. It's not out of the realm that this guy can thrive at a high level.
    VERY Good point -- so I reviewed Gannon career.

1997 (Age 31 turned 32 in Dec. '97) - led Chiefs to the playoffs after replacing Elvis Grbac but the playoff drought continued for coach M. Schottenheimer as he went back to Grbac for the playoff game resulting in Chiefs loss.
    1999 (Age 33) - Gruden signs Gannon who then is a Pro Bowler 4 YEARS in a row under Gruden including a NFL MVP award in 2002 (at age 36) and had an astonishing 4,689 yds and he led the league with 418 completions on 618 attempts. Gannon was having a good year even in his last year (at age 38/39) in 2004 but got a serious neck injury during a game and that was it.

So again ... coaching does make a difference in helping a QB gain confidence and performing at a high level. This is why I am for the Shurmur/Keenum package (#1a) or Wilks - DeFilippo as OC as the #1b option.
    Last edited by SurpriseCardFan; 01-12-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SurpriseCardFan View Post
    VERY Good point -- so I reviewed Gannon career.

1997 (Age 31 turned 32 in Dec. '97) - led Chiefs to the playoffs after replacing Elvis Grbac but the playoff drought continued for coach M. Schottenheimer as he went back to Grbac for the playoff game resulting in Chiefs loss.
    1999 (Age 33) - Gruden signs Gannon who then is a Pro Bowler 4 YEARS in a row under Gruden including a NFL MVP award in 2002 (at age 36) and had an astonishing 4,689 yds and he led the league with 418 completions on 618 attempts. Gannon was having a good year even in his last year (at age 38/39) in 2004 but got a serious neck injury during a game and that was it.

So again ... coaching does make a difference in helping a QB gain confidence and performing at a high level. This is why I am for the Shurmur/Keenum package (#1a) or Wilks - DeFilippo as OC as the #1b option.
    It wasn't just coaching. He had great talent around him in Oakland. Tim Brown in his prime and good secondary receivers and guys who could catch out of the backfield. He even had Rice who had one Fitzgerald like year with Brown.

I am really really hesitant on Keenum. 1 good season amongst 8 bad ones. Which is the truth?

Nick Foles put up 27 TDs, 2 INTs in 2013. Thats MVP stuff. It also might be the single flukiest season performance in NFL history. He hasnt come close to that since.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    I am really really hesitant on Keenum. 1 good season amongst 8 bad ones. Which is the truth?

Nick Foles put up 27 TDs, 2 INTs in 2013. Thats MVP stuff. It also might be the single flukiest season performance in NFL history. He hasnt come close to that since.
    I would be very hesitant to give him big money. They ranked 21st in passing attempts and 2nd in rushing attempts. They have great weapons in the passing game and a great D that turns people over. His numbers have game manager in a perfect situation written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    I would be very hesitant to give him big money. They ranked 21st in passing attempts and 2nd in rushing attempts. They have great weapons in the passing game and a great D that turns people over. His numbers have game manager in a perfect situation written all over it.
    Yup a game manager with David Johnson no different from Alex Smith just cheaper. Game managers for sure though.

A game manager is what it's going to come down to unless you somehow get a vet like Brees or Cousins but looks like its gonna be a game manager QB for now

Everyone would prefer a Brees type MVP QB.

But for what we are....game manager is fine with me. Our defense is dominant to enough to where we could have a very Vikings-like season every year. 12-4 only scoring 20, but holding opponents to 12.

Nothing...nothing...nothing about Case Keenum is better than Alex Smith.

I don't know what football you all watch but there is nothing about Keenum's game that I want any part of.
    I am the thread-killer...like a boss!