Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Case Keenum End Up With the Cardinals?

I would be ok with Teddy and Case in that order.... Bradford wouldn't get through half the season without injury. I would still want to draft a qb in the first round regardless of which qb we sign.

Quote Originally Posted by crdnl85 View Post
    Of those three i would chose Teddy. I would still, want to draft a QB though, and the best prospect we can get in the 1st round. Go offense the rest of the draft like a good WR if he is in there somewhere, unless a great CB is there.Get some good players in free agency.
    This is what i want..good or bad,success or failure!!! I want a Cocky punk that only a Card fan can love..but he as to be able to walk the talk and it may sound odd coming from me ...but i`m fine with keeping either one of our elite backups to mentor and take the beatings for a year(not sure which one though lol)
    Last edited by RimrockCard; 01-08-2018 at 03:08 PM.
    The Wilks era begin

Quote Originally Posted by R1ppedCardFan View Post
    I would be ok with Teddy and Case in that order.... Bradford wouldn't get through half the season without injury. I would still want to draft a qb in the first round regardless of which qb we sign.
    It really depends on what happens in the draft. I would not be in favor of spending our first round pick on a QB unless we really feel that player can become a franchise QB.

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    This is what i want..good or bad,success or failure!!! I want a Cocky punk that only a Card fan can love..but he as to be able to walk the talk and it may sound odd coming from me ...but i`m fine with keeping either one of our elite backups to mentor and take the beatings for a year(not sure which one though lol)
    We may not have "either one of our elite backups to mentor and take the beatings for a year" available. DS has a problem in the knee that was re-injured in the 1st Seattle game. He has "bone on bone" in that knee, that was reported on Doug and Wolf's Jan 4, 2018 show by Jurecki. BG auditioned with us for a job Anywhere this past season. He is an URFA. Can go anywhere he can get a contract. It's no "Given" that either will be available. Or want to be available either. With BA gone it changes Everything.

That is where the Team truly stands right now.

If Case Keenum was brought in I would not have a problem with it as long as we draft a QB this upcoming draft.

But until the HC is named even that is put to the side.

JosEPh
    Last edited by JosEPh_II; 01-08-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Default Luxury of QB Riches

If Keenum extends the Vikings season, I predict that his cost to the home team or a future team doubles with each playoff victory to a maximum of about $25M PY.

Does a couple playoff wins push Keenum's value above, say Cousins value, with Cousins cost projected at about $25-30M by some talkng heads. A $35M tag is remotely possible.

In either scenario, what is the effect on Bridgewater's cost projection and trade value? I think his value is not connected to what happens to Keenum in the playoffs.

Bradford is in a tough spot. He could be bait, or be a free man soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RimrockCard View Post
    Manziel is available & needs a home.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Eickhorn View Post
    Manziel is available & needs a home.
    oH Boy..what did i say...
    The Wilks era begin

Quote Originally Posted by Espnjunkie View Post
    It really depends on what happens in the draft. I would not be in favor of spending our first round pick on a QB unless we really feel that player can become a franchise QB.
    I see what you're saying but I feel like we need to take a chance this draft and take a qb in the first no matter who is left when we draft.... as long as it's a top 4-5 qb in the draft. Might seem kinda silly but I feel like their's atleast a 25%(that's provably not even close) chance we draft a franchise qb.... their have been lots of franchise qb's drafted in the past few years and none were certain you be successful. Lots of people thought Watson, Prescott, Carr and all the way to Russel Wilson would be busts but they weren't.... maybe Keim drafting his/our 3rd or 4th favorite qb is exactly what we need..... I know it's a big gamble but it could pay off big.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTMEIN View Post
    If Keenum extends the Vikings season, I predict that his cost to the home team or a future team doubles with each playoff victory to a maximum of about $25M PY.

Does a couple playoff wins push Keenum's value above, say Cousins value, with Cousins cost projected at about $25-30M by some talkng heads. A $35M tag is remotely possible.

In either scenario, what is the effect on Bridgewater's cost projection and trade value? I think his value is not connected to what happens to Keenum in the playoffs.

Bradford is in a tough spot. He could bait, or be a free man soon.
    interesting take and not saying you're wrong but from what I've heard Keenum still wouldn't command anything close to that in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    interesting take and not saying you're wrong but from what I've heard Keenum still wouldn't command anything close to that in the off season.
    I only want Keenum if Shurmur comes with him since under the latter is the only success Case has seen -- I believe Case can be had for $16-$18M/APY (I think Falcons beat the Vikes this weekend BTW) .... no way he is getting $25M unless the Vikings win the SB and he is the SB MVP. Under Shurmur's offensive scheme, all of the WR's have improved and of course I love his use of the screen passing and TE in order to open up throwing lanes to the wideouts .. I am a big believer in putting stress on the LB's and secondarily to the safeties with mixing in the screen to backs/use of TE's/some jet sweep action to the edge as invariably the LB's or Safeties are going to miss an assignment and big plays result. Still think DJ can get 2,500 all purpose yards if an OC comes here and uses 4-5 screen passes per game to keep the LB drops into passing lanes honest.

2 more things -- Case is only age 29 and the last team he played for prior to the Vikings was the incredibly poor offensively coached LA Rams.
    Last edited by SurpriseCardFan; 01-09-2018 at 07:51 AM.