Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Case Keenum End Up With the Cardinals?

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    interesting take and not saying you're wrong but from what I've heard Keenum still wouldn't command anything close to that in the off season.
    I can't predict the future. But I know the owners dream big and do bigger things with their money as Championship frustration builds and egos bruise.

I agree CK's value is likely well short of $25M PY after 1 year's work at MINN, but who knows in this nutty NFL environment. CK could be offered a really big contract somewhere when he wins the SB. MINN has the cap to deal with CK cost if they jettison one of two other QBs.

Snyder still hasn't said no to franchising wonderboy Cousins at $35M. He's won what? Zip. That kind of annual QB pay is coming though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Major props for his outstanding season.

But I wouldn't touch him. This season was as flukey as can be. Remember, Nick Foles had one of these too. And it was even better than Keenums. Its an absolute aberration.

Right now the ratio is stacked 4 bad seasons vs 1 good season. Needs to even that out a bit.
    One interesting fact is Shurmur was the OC for Foles that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebo View Post
    Maybe some of you have seen the rumor. If Vikes OC Pat Shurmur gets the right kind of head coaching job, he would like to bring Case Keenum with him. My understanding is the Cardinals would fit Shurmur's thinking. He wants a solid team that's playoff ready but needs a quarterback. I have to admit it's pretty intriguing, Keenum has played extremely well for Minny. Good accuracy, not a lot of picks. He is a top 10 qb in the NFL the way he is playing.

Keenum is playing on a one year 2 million dollar deal. Everyone is sure the Vikings will sign him. I admit they probably will even if it means tagging him. That wouldn't prevent a team like the Cardinals from trading for him.

A combo of Shurmur and Keenum would appear to move the offense in the right direction. A healthy David Johnson, Fitz comes back, and we bring in some new blood at wide receiver, we are in good shape. I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks of this potential match.
    Looks like a real possibility.......

http://larrybrownsports.com/football...ew-team/420137

Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    Looks like a real possibility.......

http://larrybrownsports.com/football...ew-team/420137
    I am amused when a writer uses the words "could, if, may, and should" to insulate the story's credibility and his integrity.

Thanks for the link, RH. Interesting potential HC and QB duo for ARI or NY. Or the duo could split up.

I'm really surprised there are so many of you pushing for Bridgewater. First off, no one knows if he's anything more than an average starting qb. Second, who knows if he will have the mobility he had before he blew out his knee.

Shurmur is almost certainly going to get a head coaching job. He's done a great job in Minny with a cast of qb's that no one thought was great and also lost his best running back, yet he's got Keenum playing well and the offense playing way better than expected. The past head coaching experience is a plus, and I give him a pass since he was in Cleveland. Why wouldn't he want to take Keenum with him if he lands a head coaching job? Especially if it's a team like the Cardinals that has a lot of talent but nobody...literally at qb. He gets a head coaching job the same year Keenum is a free agent and the scenario I'm painting isn't possible? Come on.

Now Shurmur could want Keenum but that doesn't mean he wouldn't go back to the Vikings. It's obvious he's their choice and if he re-signs Sam and Teddy are gone. Sam is done and personally I don't want Teddy. Could Keenum be tagged? Possibly. But he hasn't proven himself for as long as Cousins so there's no way he commands the same kind of money when talking about a long term deal. It comes down to could the Cards make an offer that's similar to the Vikings? If they can, Shurmur being the Cardinals Head Coach could be the deciding factor.
    "It's not a lie if you believe it."
    George Castanza

Of those 3 I don't know which one I would take. All come with some major red flags.

Keenum has only produced one year. Question is. Can he do it again ?

Teddy had a very serious leg injury. How will it hold up through a full season ?

Bradford can't stay healthy for a full season. What's to say he would behind the Cards O line ?

I guess if I had to choose it would be Teddy. Simply be cause he is 3 years younger. And put together 2 very good seasons. Then I keep my fingers crossed his leg holds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Of those 3 I don't know which one I would take. All come with some major red flags.

Keenum has only produced one year. Question is. Can he do it again ?

Teddy had a very serious leg injury. How will it hold up through a full season ?

Bradford can't stay healthy for a full season. What's to say he would behind the Cards O line ?

I guess if I had to choose it would be Teddy. Simply be cause he is 3 years younger. And put together 2 very good seasons. Then I keep my fingers crossed his leg holds up.
    Bradford had 29 starts in 2015 /16

Not perfect health but solid in a crash sport.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Bradford had 29 starts in 2015 /16

Not perfect health but solid in a crash sport.
    His knees and shoulders have been cut open. His window is done in the NFL. He is kevin kolb now. The body will not stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    His knees and shoulders have been cut open. His window is done in the NFL. He is kevin kolb now. The body will not stay healthy.
    ^^^ This

Only thing I want from Minnesota is their Defense