Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 106

Thread: Could Case Keenum End Up With the Cardinals?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Major props for his outstanding season.



    But I wouldn't touch him. This season was as flukey as can be. Remember, Nick Foles had one of these too. And it was even better than Keenums. Its an absolute aberration.

    Right now the ratio is stacked 4 bad seasons vs 1 good season. Needs to even that out a bit.
    One interesting fact is Shurmur was the OC for Foles that year.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebo View Post
    Maybe some of you have seen the rumor. If Vikes OC Pat Shurmur gets the right kind of head coaching job, he would like to bring Case Keenum with him. My understanding is the Cardinals would fit Shurmur's thinking. He wants a solid team that's playoff ready but needs a quarterback. I have to admit it's pretty intriguing, Keenum has played extremely well for Minny. Good accuracy, not a lot of picks. He is a top 10 qb in the NFL the way he is playing.

    Keenum is playing on a one year 2 million dollar deal. Everyone is sure the Vikings will sign him. I admit they probably will even if it means tagging him. That wouldn't prevent a team like the Cardinals from trading for him.

    A combo of Shurmur and Keenum would appear to move the offense in the right direction. A healthy David Johnson, Fitz comes back, and we bring in some new blood at wide receiver, we are in good shape. I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks of this potential match.
    Looks like a real possibility.......

    http://larrybrownsports.com/football...ew-team/420137

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    5,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redhammer View Post
    Looks like a real possibility.......

    http://larrybrownsports.com/football...ew-team/420137
    I am amused when a writer uses the words "could, if, may, and should" to insulate the story's credibility and his integrity.

    Thanks for the link, RH. Interesting potential HC and QB duo for ARI or NY. Or the duo could split up.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    1,360

    Default

    I'm really surprised there are so many of you pushing for Bridgewater. First off, no one knows if he's anything more than an average starting qb. Second, who knows if he will have the mobility he had before he blew out his knee.

    Shurmur is almost certainly going to get a head coaching job. He's done a great job in Minny with a cast of qb's that no one thought was great and also lost his best running back, yet he's got Keenum playing well and the offense playing way better than expected. The past head coaching experience is a plus, and I give him a pass since he was in Cleveland. Why wouldn't he want to take Keenum with him if he lands a head coaching job? Especially if it's a team like the Cardinals that has a lot of talent but nobody...literally at qb. He gets a head coaching job the same year Keenum is a free agent and the scenario I'm painting isn't possible? Come on.

    Now Shurmur could want Keenum but that doesn't mean he wouldn't go back to the Vikings. It's obvious he's their choice and if he re-signs Sam and Teddy are gone. Sam is done and personally I don't want Teddy. Could Keenum be tagged? Possibly. But he hasn't proven himself for as long as Cousins so there's no way he commands the same kind of money when talking about a long term deal. It comes down to could the Cards make an offer that's similar to the Vikings? If they can, Shurmur being the Cardinals Head Coach could be the deciding factor.
    "It's not a lie if you believe it."
    George Castanza

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,180

    Default

    Of those 3 I don't know which one I would take. All come with some major red flags.

    Keenum has only produced one year. Question is. Can he do it again ?

    Teddy had a very serious leg injury. How will it hold up through a full season ?

    Bradford can't stay healthy for a full season. What's to say he would behind the Cards O line ?

    I guess if I had to choose it would be Teddy. Simply be cause he is 3 years younger. And put together 2 very good seasons. Then I keep my fingers crossed his leg holds up.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal, QC - Canada
    Posts
    7,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Itancan View Post
    Of those 3 I don't know which one I would take. All come with some major red flags.

    Keenum has only produced one year. Question is. Can he do it again ?

    Teddy had a very serious leg injury. How will it hold up through a full season ?

    Bradford can't stay healthy for a full season. What's to say he would behind the Cards O line ?

    I guess if I had to choose it would be Teddy. Simply be cause he is 3 years younger. And put together 2 very good seasons. Then I keep my fingers crossed his leg holds up.
    Bradford had 29 starts in 2015 /16

    Not perfect health but solid in a crash sport.
    Time travellers are making being a fan hard for the rest of us.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    chandler AZ
    Posts
    4,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Canuck View Post
    Bradford had 29 starts in 2015 /16

    Not perfect health but solid in a crash sport.
    His knees and shoulders have been cut open. His window is done in the NFL. He is kevin kolb now. The body will not stay healthy.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AriS. View Post
    His knees and shoulders have been cut open. His window is done in the NFL. He is kevin kolb now. The body will not stay healthy.
    ^^^ This

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,031

    Default

    Only thing I want from Minnesota is their Defense

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lebo View Post
    I'm really surprised there are so many of you pushing for Bridgewater. First off, no one knows if he's anything more than an average starting qb. Second, who knows if he will have the mobility he had before he blew out his knee.

    Shurmur is almost certainly going to get a head coaching job. He's done a great job in Minny with a cast of qb's that no one thought was great and also lost his best running back, yet he's got Keenum playing well and the offense playing way better than expected. The past head coaching experience is a plus, and I give him a pass since he was in Cleveland. Why wouldn't he want to take Keenum with him if he lands a head coaching job? Especially if it's a team like the Cardinals that has a lot of talent but nobody...literally at qb. He gets a head coaching job the same year Keenum is a free agent and the scenario I'm painting isn't possible? Come on.

    Now Shurmur could want Keenum but that doesn't mean he wouldn't go back to the Vikings. It's obvious he's their choice and if he re-signs Sam and Teddy are gone. Sam is done and personally I don't want Teddy. Could Keenum be tagged? Possibly. But he hasn't proven himself for as long as Cousins so there's no way he commands the same kind of money when talking about a long term deal. It comes down to could the Cards make an offer that's similar to the Vikings? If they can, Shurmur being the Cardinals Head Coach could be the deciding factor.
    Keenum is not going back to Vikings if the management/coaches state Bridgewater is the future and especially if his OC Shurmur comes to the Cardinals. My bottom line is I don't want Cousins and it appears the Cards could get Keenam (Age 29) - OG Norwell-Age 26- Center (Mewhort - Fulton - Age 26 - Richburg) for the same cost as Alex Smith - Age 34 in May. The latter benefited from short throws Hill and Hunt took for big gains and we saw AS perform when Kelce went down in the playoffs. Keenum - Norwell - Fulton would solve 3 areas of need while still leaving cap money and a lot of draft picks to fill the other needs of CB2 (Eli Apple trade ???) - WR (Moncrief WR Colts - only about $4M-$5M APY). You now have all of your draft picks to really build a strong roster.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •