Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arizona Cardinals VS Seattle Seahawks Coaching Changes/link

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    Tom Cable got the shaft in Seattle. He was constantly handed garbage and asked to make miracles. If the new HC likes him, I'd hire him as the OL coach right away.

I'm not sure how much blame Bevell deserves. He also wasn't given much to work with. If Bevell can't land an OC job I'd also be all over him as the QB coach. He did wonders for Favre in Minnesota. He also was the man pounding the table to get Russell Wilson. He'd be a heck of an addition after being an OC for 11 years.
    He was not.

It was John Schneider that wanted to draft Russell in the 1st round. Schneider hated waiting until the 3rd round. He was afraid of losing him to another team.

To my knowledge, Bevell was never linked to Wilson leading up to the 2012 draft.
    The demise of the Seattle Seahawks is greatly exaggerated.

Raze is offline You cant handle the truth

Quote Originally Posted by onanygivensunda View Post
    He was not.

It was John Schneider that wanted to draft Russell in the 1st round. Schneider hated waiting until the 3rd round. He was afraid of losing him to another team.

To my knowledge, Bevell was never linked to Wilson leading up to the 2012 draft.
    He was.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/1/2/...andidates-2018

Here's an excerpt:

"Bevell, who starred as a quarterback at Wisconsin 1992-1995, was given a Green Bay backup and a third round rookie who also made a name for himself with the Badgers. As such, Bevell was in attendance at Russell Wilson’s pro day in 2012. As Deadspin called it during the 2012 season, Wilson was “The quarterback Bevell always wanted.”

For whatever reason, the Seahawks decided to add one more quarterback of the future, drafting Russell Wilson out of Wisconsin in the third round. Perhaps they wanted to humor Bevell (who attended Wilson's pro day, at his alma mater) by letting him grab another one of his typical projects.

The team went with “the Bevell guy” over “the prototypical guy” and improved to 25.8 PPG in 2012, finishing 11-5. The 2012 Seahawks finish seventh in net yards/pass attempt and third in rushing yards. They scored 150 points in a three-week span. They saw what Washington was doing with Robert Griffin III, they copied it, and they mastered it with their baseball quarterback who knows how to slide out of harm’s way."
    13RFoster 36CGodwin 98RDouglas 115DJohnson 157CBrantley 179XWoods 208CKelly

Quote Originally Posted by onanygivensunda View Post
    He was not.

So is Raze right? Seems to be. What is your take on this?

JosEPh