View Poll Results: Whos the pick now

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mark Andrews - TE. OK. AZ kid. Top TE in the draft. Elite blocker. Good receiver. Safe pick.

0 0%
  • Josh Jackson - CB. Iowa. Long and lean. Arguably the #1 CB in the draft. A++ balls skills (8 INTs)

8 57.14%
  • Denzel Ward - CB. Ohio State. "Elite CB factory" school. Pre-injury Tyrann-esque. Low bust risk.

1 7.14%
  • Calvin Ridley - WR. BAMA. One of the top 2 WRs in the draft.

2 14.29%
  • Courtland Sutton - WR. SMU. The other top WR. Chefs choice.

0 0%
  • Billy Price - C. Ohio State. #1 C in the draft by a mile. Also can play G.

0 0%
  • Connor Williams - T. Texas. Bulldozer. Likely RTOTF.

2 14.29%
  • Orlando Brown -T/G. OK. 50/50. Might be best OL in Cards history. Might be Levi. No risk it, no b..

0 0%
  • Da'Ron Payne - DT. BAMA. Defensive MVP of Nat'l Champ. Standard 'top BAMA' DT.

1 7.14%
  • Chrisitan Wilkins - DT. Clemson. Best passing rushing DT. Questionable work ethic

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *Thursday 2018 Draft Topic of the Day*

Default *Thursday 2018 Draft Topic of the Day*

Assuming we hire Pat Shurmur, as is strongly rumored to be the case, and that entails we also get Case Keenum, for better or worse, we are "set" at QB.

Who is the 1st round pick now? About 100% of us have been speculating on which rookie QB we're getting for the last 6 months. Predicatably, it was a waste. We arent getting any of them. So who instead?

- G Quenton Nelson is no longer an option at 15. He will be long gone in the top 10 Heartbreak

I like James Washington the OKST WR. I know others disagree but I'd be delighted if he was drafted in the first.
    I favour trading back and grabbing interior O line if he is gone.
    Logan Woodside is not a day three pick, he is the best QB in college.

I took the time to assemble some good, *well-researched options.

- No QB options just because with Keenum we are taking that off the table for now.

- No trade back option just because thats so vague. Its funner to have specific names.
    Last edited by Zaz; 01-11-2018 at 10:08 AM.

I would love Josh Jackson. I think he's not even close to what his ceiling is. Would eventually be very physical and so big for a corner.

I would think Keenum is still a hard get. He doesnít just get to come here with his coach. It would take Minn not franchising him or a bidding war with Minn if they want to keep him.

And if he did come, I am one who would want to draft possibly one of four different QBs at pick 15, should one fall. One realistically might.

But for the sake of this thread, I would pick one of the CBís, and likely J Jackson. T Williams was solid but time is ticking. PP21 is not old but is not a baby anymore either. And the CB Room gets very thin from there. An INT machine who could be a top notch CB1 in his own right in a few years would be awesome to have opposite Peterson. Also corners are high money players compared to all but QBs, OLBs and LTs, as opposed to something like a center (Price), and that is very important when it comes to cap management with the new rookie deals and fifth year options for first rounders.

But get young QB. We have zero players under contract at the most important position by far! Maybe donít sell the farm if we land Keenum or a A Smith, but take one if heís there or it requires a reasonable bounty.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    I like James Washington the OKST WR. I know others disagree but I'd be delighted if he was drafted in the first.
    I favour trading back and grabbing interior O line if he is gone.
    Man, what a super miserable off-season we would have had if all we had to look forward to was Shurmur as HC, Keenam at QB and Washington being smothered on deep routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Man, what a super miserable off-season we would have had if all we had to look forward to was Shurmur as HC, Keenam at QB and Washington being smothered on deep routes.
    If we are destined to have a QB from Minn., I hope it is Teddy.
    We need a QB of the future NOW!

Thumbs up

If the QB is dealt with like the OP suggests them we need to take Calvin Ridley.
    The more you care..the more it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    These off seasons are great, its usually when the football starts it all goes Pete Tong.
    Logan Woodside is not a day three pick, he is the best QB in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    These off seasons are great, its usually when the football starts it all goes Pete Tong.
    Haha, I think I am just in a mood as college football has done and the superbowl is just around the corner. I'll perk up when senior bowl and the combine comes around.